View Poll Results: Have you enabled WM as Alliance in 8.1?

Voters
170. This poll is closed
  • Yes

91 53.53%
  • No

39 22.94%
  • Not worth it

40 23.53%
Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Alliance : Have you enabled WM in 8.1?

I'm curious how many others switched on WM with the 30% increased rewards to Gold, AP and Resources?

Of course i did, have never turned it off

Yes, not worth it. Warmode is only worth it if you're actively looking for wpvp. For everything else, its worthless.

Nope, not really, warmode completely disrupts my natural playstyle, so it will stay off unless I need a world pvp achievement for some reason.

Things like:
    - being able to click the flight path and afk (no go in warmode)
    - drawing a world quest route and sticking to it (impossible if there's a raid in the middle camping that magni wq)
    - alt tabbing to check stuff (again no go)
    - being able to aoe pull and pop your cds on mob packs without worrying someone is gonna jump on you because you're half hp and blew your cds

You should have four options:

1: I am a PvP'er, and I turn on Warmode
    2: I am not a PvP'er, and I turn on Warmode.
    3: I am a PvP'er, but I do not turn on warmode
    4: I am not a PvPer's, I also do not turn on warmode.

Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    Yes, not worth it. Warmode is only worth it if you're actively looking for wpvp. For everything else, its worthless.
    My thoughts too. I will turn it on when I get the wpvp itch (hasn't happened yet).

I don't PvP, ever. Warmode is completely useless for me. In fact I would be much happier if there was a version of WoW with no PvP whatsoever.

7+ Year Old Account
    Turned it on, very fun to play and had some nice battles so far.
    2 days ago it wasn't as fun while a huge group of horde players camped a flight point where the incursion starts (was in drustvar). Turned it off then for that, but that was fine.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zaramas View Post
    I would be much happier if there was a version of WoW with no PvP whatsoever.
    You mean warmode turned off? Or why does it bother you when people play arena/BGs or with warmode on?

You mean warmode turned off? Or why does it bother you when people play arena/BGs or with warmode on?
    It doesn't bother me when other people pvp. I never said it did.

If there was a pvp-less version of the game then PVE would not be nerfed for PVPs sake. Also there wouldn't be quests that lead you into PVP areas. I want to mlm play WITH people, not against them.

I'm playing Horde and yesterday I managed to get a bounty on my head by killing Alliance players after doing my first world quest. I spent 1.5 hours doing the rest of all world quests and only found 3 Alliance players during this entire time. Even with a world map marker constantly showing my location.

Most days this patch I get outnumbered Alliance and ganked a couple of times because I can't defend myself vs multiple players. It felt really odd that I didn't come across any of these groups yesterday.

I turned it on once it become avaiable and never turned it off.

I am not coward, faction disbalance is not problem because there are addons to find groups so i am like never outnumbered. Also i got some achivements from world pvp.

I always played on pvp server, so i keep it on. But I usually play on horde. But since I’ve seen all the crying from alliance I’m lvling a lightforged Draenei to experience the imbalance.

I have mine turned off, its a nightmare trying to level or do incursions because you have Horde who want to just gank you for the lols. When im leveling something more PVP worthy (leveling a Shaman right now) I might turn it back on
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyscale View Post
    But then again, in the story, we're pretty brutal murder machines and not really "strategical assets". Just send us in and we'll murder everything in our way!
    So I guess the solution here is simple - we'll murder everyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Haven’t played 8.1 but Warmode will remain off on both my Alliance and Horde characters until I’m ready to get the mount.

I despise world PvP.

I've had it turned on since the expansion launched. Mama aint raise no bitch, and i dont fear death. Lol
    Originally Posted by Tradewind
    Well yeah, did you see the daughter? 0/10, would not bang.

For questing on my alliance alts absolutely. That 30% bonus is basically 3 extra heirlooms and I haven't had a single pvp encounter

I've seen upwards of 3-5 alliance for every raid group of horde, I think people are starting to turn it on.

But with it still doesn't help with the faction imbalance, so this band-aid fix is probably causing many to turn it on then turn it off after realizing that the reward is meaningless if it makes their quest almost impossible to do.

Another way I can gauge is off groups for M+ and I'm starting to see groups of M+ where at least 1 person in the group has turned WM on, so there's a little bit of progress.

Yes, I'm a paladin so if shit hits the fan i just bubblehearth, totally worth the 30% boost i get.

Where is the option "yes, only while leveling"?

I don't play Alliance, but i'll vote anyway in the same way as Alliance players skew Horde related polls.