Thread: Wakfu

Wakfu

So Wakfu should be live any second now...

10+ Year Old Account
    Most people do not know what Wakfu is. For those who do not, its Final Fantasy Tactic Online if I had to compare it to someone like they were five. Its actually the "sequel" to another game called Dofus. Its worth checking out if only to play something new.

ammm i played the game few years ago O_o is it new reworked game or ?

It looks pretty interesting to say the least. Worth checking out!

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope it can live up to Dofus.... And i hope it doesn't have the same bot problem as dofus. That was insane for awhile like 20 bots per map.

Sig by the amazing Shyama! <Ascension 16/16 H 25man oceanic>

Dofus or Wakfu, that's the question!

Ugh the bots in Dofus. You couldn't obtain any ore because of all the damn bots in the mines. I think in like 4 hours of trying to mine some copper, I got to maybe 10 veins. It was horrible. Dofus itself wasn't bad. At least with the farming and lumberjacking, it wasn't bad. I loved how they did the crafting in that game (although handyman sucked ass so much). I have thought about trying out Wakfu.

I'm really surprised how little Wakfu is being promoted.

But I've never played the game(s). Loved the cartoon though...

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    I'm really surprised how little Wakfu is being promoted.

But I've never played the game(s). Loved the cartoon though...
    Yea the cartoon is pretty cool.

I'm just going to bump this thread up a little and say I really do love this game. It's a new sort of gaming style for me, I never played Dofus, but Wakfu is fantastic. Player run economies, ecosystems and even governments are interesting pulls, not to mention the combat, open world anything-goes style PvP that is balanced out by citizenship and outlawing aren't just the only interesting features.

I really love the fact that it's not just do-able, but also efficient to take a group of friends to a high leveled zone and level off of the high level mobs as a group. There aren't many online games that really let you do that.

I do have to say the f2p content is extremely limited and it worries me, because I'm pretty sure it will turn off a lot of new players.

Oh. Here's a link to the game's site. http://www.wakfu.com/na/mmorpg

And a clip of the cartoon from episode 1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2JrWJfdoqk

Yeah, both Dofus and Wakfu had very limited f2p options. However, at only $6 a month (not sure if they have deals for multi-month), it's 1/2 the cost of the other sub mmos. While some might think that's a bit much for a flash-based game, I don't really think it is. Although I won't be playing it very often to justify a sub, it's a pretty decent game. Although I think I prefer Dofus to this, I do like the graphics. And the art style is awesome.

Anyone out there experienced in this game.

I decided to give it a try today and im almost finishing the starter quests and being freed to the wild.
    Im afraid ill get lost once i exit the city

I wanted to play a pixel art RPG like Breath of Fire IV and i found this game...turns out its literally a turn based RPG...but a MMO.
    And its so good im having so much fun so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    Anyone out there experienced in this game.

I decided to give it a try today and im almost finishing the starter quests and being freed to the wild.
    Im afraid ill get lost once i exit the city

I wanted to play a pixel art RPG like Breath of Fire IV and i found this game...turns out its literally a turn based RPG...but a MMO.
    And its so good im having so much fun so far.
    You know you're allowed to make a new thread if the only other thread is old as dirt right?

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    You know you're allowed to make a new thread if the only other thread is old as dirt right?
    Sorry about that i didnt know

Going back almost 7 years. I honestly didn't think this game was still around. To be honest with you, I doubt many if any people on here even play this game. They might have all those years ago, but I would be surprised if they would still be playing, or played it for long.

Quote Originally Posted by Pachycrocuta View Post
    Going back almost 7 years. I honestly didn't think this game was still around. To be honest with you, I doubt many if any people on here even play this game. They might have all those years ago, but I would be surprised if they would still be playing, or played it for long.
    This game is perfect for me though
    Im a big fan of Pixel Art and turn based RPG's.

This frikin game is a turn base RPG in a MMO environment!

I just went on an adventure with some random guy.
    We did all the usual stuff when a high level helps a lower level:
    -Killed me a mini boss
    -Cleared an entire dungeon for me
    -Crafted me a weapon
    -teached me stuff

Amazing adventure...on a Pixel Art Turn Based MMORPG what tha frick?!!? This reminds me of Breath of Fire IV so much!

This is literally BOFIV Online!
    Last edited by Big Thanks; 2019-01-22 at 05:35 AM.

When did Wakfu become pixel? Last time I looked (granted, this was nearly 7 years ago) it was no where near pixel. It looked like Dofus, only more cutesy, but still typical flash animation game.

Quote Originally Posted by Pachycrocuta View Post
    When did Wakfu become pixel? Last time I looked (granted, this was nearly 7 years ago) it was no where near pixel. It looked like Dofus, only more cutesy, but still typical flash animation game.
    Im not sure...but is a nice simulation if is not actual pixel art
    Im kinda addicted to it.

I never experienced a turn based MMORPG im shocked