Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    If you want to feel that way then feel free to. Not my place to tell you otherwise.
    So if you didn't misrepresent what I said in bad faith, then why quote me, then make a reply that completely doesn't line up to my original statement?

    And why the subsequent passive aggressive bullshit instead of just admitting you were wrong?

    :thinking:
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

    Prediction for the future

  2. #62
    The Unstoppable Force Eleccybubb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Algo Solar System.
    Posts
    22,487
    Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    So if you didn't misrepresent what I said in bad faith, then why quote me, then make a reply that completely doesn't line up to my original statement?

    And why the subsequent passive aggressive bullshit instead of just admitting you were wrong?

    :thinking:
    As I said feel free to think what you want. I gave you my reason. You seem to care way more about this than I do so I'll move on.
    "Enough expository banter! Now we fight like men! And ladies! And ladies who dress like men! For Gilgamesh...it is morphing time!" Gilgamesh. (Final Fantasy 5)
    I refuse to be a slave of fate! I will be the master of my own future! Shir Gold. (Phantasy Star 2)
    Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose. Ayrton Senna. (3 times Formula 1 World Champion)

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    As I said feel free to think what you want. I gave you my reason. You seem to care way more about this than I do so I'll move on.
    Certainly, you care enough to continue making excuses for yourself. Fuels my theory you are doing this just to get a rise out of others.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

    Prediction for the future

  4. #64
    The Unstoppable Force Eleccybubb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Algo Solar System.
    Posts
    22,487
    Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Certainly, you care enough to continue making excuses for yourself. Fuels my theory you are doing this just to get a rise out of others.
    If you say so.
    "Enough expository banter! Now we fight like men! And ladies! And ladies who dress like men! For Gilgamesh...it is morphing time!" Gilgamesh. (Final Fantasy 5)
    I refuse to be a slave of fate! I will be the master of my own future! Shir Gold. (Phantasy Star 2)
    Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose. Ayrton Senna. (3 times Formula 1 World Champion)

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    But Activision lost the right to make a Destiny 3. Destiny was still raking in money. It wasn't "what they expected", but Call of duty will be practically the one of the best selling game of 2018 and that still wasn't enough for "expectations". Profitability and shareholders desire for 100% growth year over year are completely different things. Activision lost future cash flows and an IP to use in the future. It doesn't matter how the game is today. It's about the future and they lost an IP to use in the future. Stock value represents "ALL FUTURE cash flows" at a certain discount rate. No one cares about a hiccup that happened yesterday. It's about what they can do in the future.
    Here is a thing, different shareholders have different priorities and companies should make clear efforts to attract a particular type of investor instead of pleasing them all. Perhaps ATVI parted with Bungie on behalf of a segment of investors who did not approve of its ability to perform on the long term while a different group wants the explosive growth of new game releases because they plan to sell high and then buy back once it is low again. The war of arbitrage and actual investment is at the heart of corporate capitalism and this is just another skirmish in it.

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    While many do take their schadenfreude a bit too far, I also wouldn't be averse to Blizzard just hanging it up. All the old guard are gone and they patently do not make the same style games they used to. (Aka they're targeting a different audience now) It's sad to watch them becoming a shadow of their former selves and being consumed by Activision like they are now. The general sentiment is likely that we want Blizzard's name to retain it's reputation and go down fondly rather than grimacing at them.
    But when your talking about the ''old guard'' you are literately talking about the old guard!! Retaining people after 10+ years is hard...fact that Blizzard managed to do that for a long time is more of a exception but at some point people want new challenges.

    And people's memory is so selective. Blizzard has always developed games based on ''what the developers are interested in'' and logically this includes mobile games because lets be honest that is what people are bitching about when talking about Blizzard even if they don't say it aloud.

    I'm a happy with Overwatch, been playing this game for 2 plus years now and still I enjoy this, wow I've kind of outgrown but I still respect a game that has managed to have so many players after all of these years.

  7. #67
    I said it before, purposely tanking their own IP's so that investors bail and stock price drops allowing bobby to buy up more of the company back so he can make more money and potentially remove the company from the stock market, they have more than enough money in the bank now that they do not need the stock market to prop them up anymore. Believe it or not that is what is happening.
    “If you don't believe me that is too damn bad!”

  8. #68
    Actually they are not suing anyone atleast not yet, they are investigating to make sure no shady stuff have been going on with the Bungie split, stuff like people knowing the split was coming and selling shares before it was official knowing that the stock would take a hit, pretty normal stuff with these types of big moves.

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    Actually they are not suing anyone atleast not yet, they are investigating to make sure no shady stuff have been going on with the Bungie split, stuff like people knowing the split was coming and selling shares before it was official knowing that the stock would take a hit, pretty normal stuff with these types of big moves.
    Going to have a hard time finding evidence for that when the entire market was going down in that timeframe.
    This isn't people selling shares while everyone else was buying.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Going to have a hard time finding evidence for that when the entire market was going down in that timeframe.
    This isn't people selling shares while everyone else was buying.
    Yeah but its a normal move to investigate when these type of moves that have this big effect are made, its more to make sure everything was handled like it should then they belive that not everything was handled like it should.

  11. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    And people's memory is so selective. Blizzard has always developed games based on ''what the developers are interested in'' and logically this includes mobile games because lets be honest that is what people are bitching about when talking about Blizzard even if they don't say it aloud.
    Yes, I'm sure they all just magically flipped a switch 4 years ago and decided they liked mobile better. And that the best way to create a quality Blizzard title was to reskin a Chinese ARPG app which was itself copping Diablo in the first place. They thought to themselves: You know what was missing from our games? Lootboxes. They bring so much more fun and value to players. Let's lock a large chunk of the content behind them and force people to grind for hours.

    There is a clear break in their design philosophy between D3 and Hearthstone. Prior to that, games were designed around succeeding or failing based on your own skill. Hearthstone and later are chock-full of systems and mechanics designed to introduce RNG and handicap skill. To manipulate both the game and the player for their own devices. (Greed) They seek normalized outcomes to keep the broadest possible swath of consumers moderately happy regardless of skill level in order to peddle MTX to.
    Last edited by stellvia; 2019-01-15 at 09:23 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •