Page 1 of 28
... LastLast

Ellen DeGeneres Faces Backlash After Defending Kevin Hart During Interview

In the clips, Hart says he is "evaluating" reprising his role as the 2019 Oscars host after DeGeneres called the Academy to vouch for him. "I called them, I said, 'Kevin’s on, I have no idea if he wants to come back and host, but what are your thoughts?' And they were like, 'Oh my God, we want him to host! We feel like that maybe he misunderstood or it was handled wrong. Maybe we said the wrong thing but we want him to host. Whatever we can do we would be thrilled. And he should host the Oscars.'"

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...erview-1173135

Kevin Heart is another favorite of mine. He told a joke on twitter about how he'd freak out if his 7 year old son wanted a doll house a few years back. For this he was attacked by social justice warriors when his turn came to host the Oscar's, and he decided to turn down the gig.

Ellen is gay, if you didn't know.

Last edited by Independent voter; 2019-01-04 at 03:03 PM.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

I mean...yes, and?

Kevin Hart is a fucking idiot who says dumb shit constantly and repeatedly has acted worried about being perceived as gay that I'm curious why he's so outspoken in that specific way. Me thinks he might have a few fabulous skeletons in his closet, or at least wants some.

But also who gives the shit the oscars are a self-congratulatory waste of time.

Everyone involved, and anybody who cares about either part of the discussion, is stupid and should feel bad about wasting energy about this.
    Last edited by Necroxis; 2019-01-04 at 03:04 PM.

Didnt he cheat on his pregnant wife??

There is an entire song about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Necroxis View Post
    I mean...yes, and?

Kevin Hart is a fucking retard who says dumb shit constantly and repeatedly has acted worried about being perceived as gay that I'm curious why he's so outspoken in that specific way. Me thinks he might have a few fabulous skeletons in his closet, or at least wants some.

But also who gives the shit the oscars are a self-congratulatory waste of time.

Everyone involved, and anybody who cares about either part of the discussion, is stupid and should feel bad about wasting energy about this.
    Don't be so hard on yourself.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    The only thing I know about Ellen is that Steve jobs is dead..

More on topic though people want to be outraged on the behalf of LGB people but at the same time don’t care what the lgb peope them selfs think on the subject so I wouldn’t give any one giving her backlash much weight.

Honestly what he said was funny and I agree with it so I have no problems with him. Idc abt Ellen's opinion. Just feels like a dif version of "I'm allowed to say the n wid cauee my black friend said it was cool" lol

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Kevin Heart is another favorite of mine. He told a joke on twitter about how he'd freak out if his 7 year old son wanted a doll house a few years back. For this he was attacked by social justice warriors when his turn came to host the Oscar's, and he decided to turn down the gig.

lmao, there were dozens and dozens of tweets spanning years. He refused to apologize, instead insisting that he was "sorry people are so sensitive". Ellen then whitewashed it for no reason whatsoever. He only refused the gig in the first place because he was being a baby about it, and then probably realized that was a mistake; now he gets an easy way in with no apology required.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Kevin Hart is just thinking how nearly every father would if they had boys, only he said it in a joking, over the top way. The backlash wasn’t deserved and still isn’t... but these are the times we live in now. Sad.
    You don't see that as an issue for gay children? I also don't think it's accurate, tbh.

15+ Year Old Account
    First of, it wasn't A tweet, it was several tweets.

I think that part that people are most upset about was his "non-apology apology" where he basically said that it's on the LGBT community that they got offended by what he said in the past.

He could've made a 20 sec video saying "Fuck man, I can't believe I said that shit, it's fucked up, this does not reflect what my beliefs about the LGBT community are now, my apologies". Instead he made a video reminding us about how he's in a great place in life and how he's not gonna let this effect him cause it's just people that wanna be angry and negative. THEN, after receiving backlash for THAT, and "choosing" to step down from the Oscars, he apologized to the LGBT community.

Like, no, sorry, apology not accepted.

About Ellen, as disappointed as I might be, I'm not surprised. She's not exactly known for being confrontational.
    Last edited by Vordie; 2019-01-04 at 05:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    White guy tells controversial joke, "get over it. It's just a joke."

Black guy tells controversial joke, "well obviously he is a bad guy and projecting".

The tweets he got in trouble for were related to his old stand-up routine, which also launched the revival of his career. The same jokes played on TV all the time - for years.

The jokes that he apologized for awhile back ago as he came to terms with how they might cross a line he doesn't want to cross.

Meanwhile CK is making fun of kids speaking out for their friends who were murdered.

Anyone who has ever said something like 'be a man' or 'stop acting a bitch' has done the same stuff that he has done.
    Last edited by PACOX; 2019-01-04 at 05:51 PM.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Vordie View Post

I think that part that people are most upset about was his "non-apology apology" where he basically said that it's on the LGBT community that they got offended by what he said in the past.

He could've made a 20 sec video saying "Fuck man, I can't believe I said that shit, it's fucked up, this does not reflect what my beliefs about the LGBT community are now, my apologies". Instead he made a video reminding us about how he's in a great place in life and how he's not gonna let this effect him cause it's just people that wanna be angry and negative. THEN, after receiving backlash for THAT, and "choosing" to step down from the Oscars, he apologized to the LGBT community.

About Ellen, as disappointed as I might be, I'm not surprised. She's not exactly known for being confrontational.
    Naw apologizing is gay af and it's time for people to stop doing after every little thing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Meanwhile CK is making fun of kids speaking out for their friends who were murdered.
    You're making it sound like CK got no backlash for that, which, to my knowledge he got TONS, if not more than Kevin Hart considering his past.

This 10000000x over. People are allowed to evolve their beliefs and grow. He handled it like an ass however and us in the LGBTQ community are NOT having it

so many "fuck off" angles to this. first is that the Oscars are still even a thing, fuck off. a double fuck off to Hart for being a jackass. and I'm sorry Ellen, but fuck off with this covering for a shit head like Hart.

Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    You don't see that as an issue for gay children? I also don't think it's accurate, tbh.
    Gay children don't exist.

How do I know that?

They are children. They have no sexual drive in any direction until they hit puberty.

Quote Originally Posted by Keihndeth View Post

How do I know that?

They are children. They have no sexual drive in any direction until they hit puberty.
    that's not true at all.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

How do I know that?

Why do people think this?

Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    Most fathers worry about not being able to relate to their son. It is a very common concern I believe. If your son has a different sexuality than you it would make it inherently difficult as a father to understand what your son is going through. It's a very real concern of being unable to relate. Hell, I know a gay couple and they joke about how hard it will be raising a 'straight' child.

Beyond that, it was a joke. He's apologized in the past, as I understand it, so when this was brought up he didn't want to do it again. The next time Kevin Hart makes a movie I don't expect an apology tour.

Hell, as an Arab man I can say that many people I like have said some really fucked up shit about my peoples. I chalk it up to a general not understanding of my culture, not as a hateful attack. I also don't expect an apology, but again I'm not super offended easily.

You know, I went through the tweet scroll and the bulk seem to be 2009-2010 with the most recent being from 2012. And even then the bulk is him going "No Homo" or "That's Gay" which were kind of super common to say at the time... Before people pulled their head's out their asses. If he's apologized in the past for his behavior(which was generally accepted by the masses at the time) I don't understand why he is expected to bend the knee again. He didn't and I understood.

Then, I'm guessing his agent called him, and he apologized, I disagree, but the hustle comes first. Though like you put you're not accepting it anyways so I don't think he should've done it.

But I still don't understand what the remedy is here. I don't think he hates gay people I think he just really didn't want to deal with the outrage.

Quote Originally Posted by Necroxis View Post
    Kevin Hart is a fucking idiot who says dumb shit constantly and repeatedly has acted worried about being perceived as gay that I'm curious why he's so outspoken in that specific way.
    Because he's a comedian who originally targeted a certain portion of the population who finds that style of comedy hilarious. Crazy, right?

I'm more worried about the sad sacks who think its a personal attack that there are people out there (whether real or just playing an act) who don't want to live their particular lifestyle.

People like you act like being homosexual is the norm and the majority of the population is gay. Guess what: They're not, nor should they be forced to adopt their philosophies and beliefs just because it makes them "feel bad." I mean you assholes have no problem whatsofuckingever condemning them for being straight. But hey, you types are all about hypocrisy.

How do I know that?

Do you have any evidence to back it up. I ask, because one of my close friends said he knew he was gay in first grade.

That's still child-age, right?