Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    “If you ask about advertising and entertainment in general — haters gonna hate,” Skorupsky said. “We are developing a new medium. At the advent of television no one loved ads at all.”
    No. No one likes ads in general. What we like are the rare, few and far between extra clever, interesting, or funny ads that you can take on their own merit, outside of being an ad.

EDIT: Also, it would take a massive amount of satellites to form even a small ad you could see from the ground. We're talking insane amounts of space junk. WE DON'T NEED MORE SPACE JUNK!

10+ Year Old Account
    While I am generally fond of space technology, I won't shed a tear if there is some .... unfortunate accident during the launch of these....

No, just no. Like people have said the night sky is one of the last add free things out there. We don't need any more adds infesting our brains like parasites,we need less of this crap.

So I guess the Polynesians can navigate the Pacific Ocean by fast food chains instead of stars now?

No thanks. This is a horrible idea.

Ai yai yai, why are people even thinking of implementing something that's pretty much taken out of corporate dystopias.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Quote Originally Posted by Techno-Druid View Post
    (Source)

(Link to the concept video)

The ego on this guy is incredible. Do you think this is a good idea? Do you think the commercialization of space is inevitable?

I personally think that this would be cool for a while before ultimately becoming more space junk in our orbit.

Also something that stood out for me:
    Yeah let's blind airplanes, there is no way government will let people do this.

Fuck this guy with every possible object that can be used to fuck something.

Oh no, there is already enough light pollution and ads as such.

Inevitably someone would invent ad block glasses to give people the option of not seeing the ads in the sky.