Acer Predator X34 and Geforce GTX 1060

Hi everyone,

I really want to upgrade my monitor from my Samsung 24in monitor (https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...82E16824022216)

I got the samsung back when i ran an AMD graphic card, but it burnt out and i replaced with a Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060. Now that I saved up money, I want to expand to a larger screen and defintely want to get increase my refresh rate

I'm currently looking at the Acer Predator (https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...82E16824011185), but I'm open to other suggestion while this monitors are on sale.

My only question is if my graphics card is not going to be enough for a monitor at this power?

My build
    AMD - FX-8350 4 GHz 8-Core Processor
    16 GB ram
    2x 250 GB SSD Raid 1

Please help me confirm my decision (I'm a bit frugal)

-Wicked
    Please do one thing on the forums, read the whole post first, form an opinion, and then state whether you agree or disagree.

Considering your CPU, i mean i dont know how to phrase it without sounding insulting.

Unless you are only playing older games or single players games i do not see a reason why you would choose to change your monitor over such a crapstatic for 2019 CPU.

It was barely worth it when it came out unless you only played Battlefield (of that period) or did work primarily and single player games on the side, it was always a "I pretend i know what i am buying cause i work on my PC, i dont play", despite next year the same people came crying how they couldnt play <Insert game here>.

Now i am mentioning this cause i really wonder what you want to play on an Ultra-Wide monitor at 120Hz that the FX-8350 can actually play decently, cause i cant think of a single game after 2017 that would play decently on that monitor with a 8350.

Instead of throwing that absurd amount of money for a monitor first before changing that..consider changing CPU first before venturing to Ultra wide shenanigans.
    Last edited by potis; 2019-01-12 at 06:02 PM.

To Really enjoy that monitor at full glory you need have 1080ti or 2080 with I5 / i7 K or Top Tier AMD CPU with 4GHZ + OC .

10+ Year Old Account
    It is an awesome monitor but like potis explained you can't really use it well unless you are planning to upgrade your computer. Well, you can use it but it is a waste of money since your current specs won't be able to utilize it at anywhere near peak performance unless you only play very old games.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Thanks for the replies, I built my current build summer 2016.

I can definitely upgrade my build in the next couple months. Sad to miss this deal, but this is why i asked
    Please do one thing on the forums, read the whole post first, form an opinion, and then state whether you agree or disagree.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wickedevil View Post
    Thanks for the replies, I built my current build summer 2016.

I can definitely upgrade my build in the next couple months. Sad to miss this deal, but this is why i asked
    I mean, it is a very nice monitor, but you'll need a very expensive PC to get the best experience with it. Considering your current build, I don't think that's entirely in your budget.

If you don't want to upgrade your pc, you're better off looking at 1080p monitors.

Current build was during grad school.

3 years after grad school, budget is much larger. I'll prob wait and do a summer rebuild with a large budget.

3 years after grad school, budget is much larger. I'll prob wait and do a summer rebuild with a large budget.
    The question remains as to who scammed you when buying the first PC either way.

I saw your build in another post months ago but didnt bother to respond but now since i already did i am really wondering.

Who the hell scammed you so insanely that he sold you a FX-8350 in 2016.

Unless it was a cheap handout of "Have my old PC for <insert small amount of money>"

10+ Year Old Account

Ah, makes sense. If you want to buy the monitor though, you're not really going to be able to use it (in games) until you upgrade to something like a 1080ti/2080/2080ti/Vega VII (if it performs as AMD claims). A 1060 just doesn't have enough horsepower to get even remotely decent framerates on it, considering it's "made" for something with a third the pixels

To Really enjoy that monitor at full glory you need have 1080ti or 2080 with I5 / i7 K or Top Tier AMD CPU with 4GHZ + OC . <snip>

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Cilraaz; 2019-02-12 at 03:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by teleworm1337 View Post
    To Really enjoy that monitor at full glory you need have 1080ti or 2080 with I5 / i7 K or Top Tier AMD CPU with 4GHZ + OC . <mod snip>
    Why are you necroing so many old post?
    Last edited by Cilraaz; 2019-02-13 at 02:44 AM.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saphyron View Post
    Why are you necroing so many old post?
    Because spambot, obviously