Druid HOT Duration

So this expansion is my first time playing resto druid so I'm still learning the class. I noticed that if I cast Rejuvenation on a target the hot lasts for 15s but if I cast it again on the same target, the hot lasts for 19s. Anyone know why this is? I noticed it's the same for Lifebloom, Regrowth, and Grove Tending if spec'd.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crewskater View Post
    So this expansion is my first time playing resto druid so I'm still learning the class. I noticed that if I cast Rejuvenation on a target the hot lasts for 15s but if I cast it again on the same target, the hot lasts for 19s. Anyone know why this is? I noticed it's the same for Lifebloom, Regrowth, and Grove Tending if spec'd.
    There is a "cap" for duration for the hots not just on Druids. So if you overwrite an existing hot it will add it to the cap. So in the case the cap is 19s. If you cast Rejuv immediately after the first then it hits the "cap" immediately. If you wait till the existing hot has about 5 seconds left then reapply then it hits its "cap".

That is the pandemic mechanic, almost every DoT and HoT ability in the game can be refreshed early, and it will add up to 30% of the original duration to the new effect. Currently the base duration of rejuv is 15 sec so it can add up to 30% of 15sec or 4.5 sec of duration, leading to a maximum of 18.5sec on refreshed cast (display then rounds up to 19s shown). This also means that if you refresh the ability during the last 4.5 seconds no uptime is lost as it will simply add whatever is left to the new effect. This works for feral bleeds, moonfire,sunfire etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunSaren View Post
    That is the pandemic mechanic, almost every DoT and HoT ability in the game can be refreshed early, and it will add up to 30% of the original duration to the new effect. Currently the base duration of rejuv is 15 sec so it can add up to 30% of 15sec or 4.5 sec of duration, leading to a maximum of 18.5sec on refreshed cast (display then rounds up to 19s shown). This also means that if you refresh the ability during the last 4.5 seconds no uptime is lost as it will simply add whatever is left to the new effect. This works for feral bleeds, moonfire,sunfire etc.
    15+4.5 is still 19.5, not 18.5.

Quote Originally Posted by mmocbd2f1333a2 View Post
    15+4.5 is still 19.5, not 18.5.
    GCD between rejuv casts
    Felpooti - DH - Echo Isles
    Hack - Warrior - Echo Isles
    Pootie - Hunter - Echo Isles

Quote Originally Posted by Pooti View Post
    GCD between rejuv casts
    The maximum duration of Rejuv is still 19.5 seconds. Anything beyond that is lost. I'm not sure why you even think GCD matters to that.

Thanks for the responses. I had no idea that the "pandemic mechanic" existed in game so that's good to know. I also learned if you re-apply lifebloom under 4s, you still get the bloom effect.

Quote Originally Posted by crewskater View Post
    Thanks for the responses. I had no idea that the "pandemic mechanic" existed in game so that's good to know. I also learned if you re-apply lifebloom under 4s, you still get the bloom effect.
    Ya, I started noticing it with my druid bleeds.

yeah, the pandemic mechanic was originally an aff lock passive (hence the name)
    going into wod, blizzard decided to make it baseline for all classes and specs

one of the major downsides of this though was that it came alongside the death of dot snapshotting (which literally like 7 different specs at the time in mop were entirely built around including all dps specs for both lock and druid)
    Last edited by ryklin; 2019-01-24 at 08:41 PM.