Website builder recommendations?

Howdy, OT:

I'd like a little professional webpage for myself. Basically just my credentials, contact info, and some articles related to professional topics that I have written. I don't want to spend the $$$ for a web designer at this stage in my career as I don't think it's necessary at this point.

Are there any that you recommend? Can't tell when looking at articles as to whether they are legit reviews or ads. Thanks.

(haven't purchased a domain name yet)

10+ Year Old Account
    i don't have any good website builders but i do have a few good domain name reccomendations if you want.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

Squarespace. WIX is utter garbage for anything mobile
    Why join the navy when you can be a pirate

I see some people using Linkedin + medium for that, it is not a custom web site, but you might want to give it a try.
    I may not be an overachiever, but my Druid is richer than half of Venezuela.

Use Bluehost for domain name and host and use Wordpress ( not the blog website itself) for free templates. I'd would recomend that you look up a tutorial on youtube using wordpress add-on for your website.

Also , something people don't mention . Most webhosts ask for money for a whole year so that 3.99 a month price , multiply it by 12 and that's your starting pay for a website.
    Last edited by Zero3; 2019-01-16 at 10:52 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    For what you described, use LinkedIn. Your description fits, almost exactly, what I have on my page.

I'm a software developer so I've made quite a few websites. I use weebly for my blog, but it's very limited and doesn't scale well (although it has some decent looking themes). I've also used Wix, and it's good too, but a bit more hands on. Honestly, I don't recommend either, but it may work for what you need to do.

But honestly, I have a few websites were I built a tiny bit of custom code and host it on an online free server. If you can PM me I can show you examples.

Why a web page over Facebook or LinkedIn?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Because it will become a business website (most likely, clients for private practice) at some point, just not yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    I'm a software developer so I've made quite a few websites. I use weebly for my blog, but it's very limited and doesn't scale well (although it has some decent looking themes). I've also used Wix, and it's good too, but a bit more hands on. Honestly, I don't recommend either, but it may work for what you need to do.

But honestly, I have a few websites were I built a tiny bit of custom code and host it on an online free server. If you can PM me I can show you examples.
    Thanks! I might do that

If it's just a personal website LinkedIn is sufficient and probably better, larger user base, etc. If it's for a future business it is prudent you hire a professional.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Probably because ANYTHING is better than Facebook..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Not technically a website builder but it has plugins and theme which will allow you to do it : Wordpress. It can be hosted any where so you won't be forced to chose a specific host, it has the most features due to been open source and honestly its not that hard to use. You can also design the site locally on your own computer and then upload it to your host at a later date.

Quick Edit : Wordpress.org is what you're looking for , wordpress.com is a website hosting company

Thanks all for your suggestions I have a Wordpress account laying around somewhere and Squarespace seems like a good recommendation. I haven't used my Linkedin account in like a decade.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Howdy, OT:

I'd like a little professional webpage for myself. Basically just my credentials, contact info, and some articles related to professional topics that I have written. I don't want to spend the $$$ for a web designer at this stage in my career as I don't think it's necessary at this point.

Are there any that you recommend? Can't tell when looking at articles as to whether they are legit reviews or ads. Thanks.

(haven't purchased a domain name yet)
    Just get a GoDaddy Domain name and use something Shopify for your website that is who we use and they are both great companies to work with.

There's lots of free wordpress themes out there too to pick from.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland