Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    The Unstoppable Force breadisfunny's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    Hm ? There is so much that could happen after that. It doesn't even have to be the next alien menace to the galaxy, even among the MW races so much stuff could happen.
    How will the Krogan act after the genophage has ended? What will the Rachni do? Will the council still hold after decades/centuries? How will the humans be treated as newcomers in an already colonized galaxy? Is there enough space for all?

Then there are also countless old civilisations burried in the milky way, civilisations that the reapers destroyed in earlier cycles. What secrets did they have? Did really all of them die off or did one manage to flee or hide itself sucessfully from the reapers and is now super advanced but also super paranoid of all alien races?

There is so much stuff that they could have done, they just had to man up and declare a canon ending. Instead they came up with this andromeda nonsense.
    and how could they do that when destroying the relays meant that they pretty much killed most of the population in the galaxy.
    the council is dead.
    the citadel is for all intensive purposes purged.
    the other races are all trapped in the solar system fighting to the death for resources.
    this is true in all three endings.
    in a galaxy with no way to fast travel around anymore btw.
    there is a reason they came up with it it's because they wrote themselves into a corner they couldn't get out of.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by CmdrShep2154 View Post
    Andromeda is not nearly as bad as something like Ride to Hell Retribution. Check out Angry Joe's review of it! It is hilarious!

Back on topic the original Mass Effect introduced us to a galaxy with multiple alien races with each having their own unique history and geopolitical situation as well as two ancient races, the Protheans and the Reapers. Compare that to Andromeda where we only get two alien races including an ancient race that disappeared and some death robots. Mass Effect Andromeda also lacks memorable moral choices and has only one ending compared to the multiple endings of the first Mass Effect. I fondly remembered the moral choices in the first Mass Effect while I find the moral choices of Andromeda forgettable. Also in ME1 at least two party members can die based on your decisions. With Andromeda they played it safe.

The Nexus also lacks the beautiful music of the Citadel.

I thought all of the crew except Liam and Peebee were okay. I would prefer mature scientists and security officers instead of naive college students.

I want a true successor to Mass Effect 1. Who here agrees?

Why did they play it safe? Was it the backlash to ME3's ending?
    I'd like to see the first three get upgraded into a seamless adventure, with the playstyle of 3 and Andromeda, in 4K+ glory!

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    and how could they do that when destroying the relays meant that they pretty much killed most of the population in the galaxy.
    the council is dead.
    the citadel is for all intensive purposes purged.
    the other races are all trapped in the solar system fighting to the death for resources.
    this is true in all three endings.
    in a galaxy with no way to fast travel around anymore btw.
    there is a reason they came up with it it's because they wrote themselves into a corner they couldn't get out of.
    In the extened cut the relays don't get destroyed in the synthesis and control ending. Plus the reapers have a ftl technology that is not dependent on the relays, in synthesis and control they could giveen that tech to the milky way races and transport everyone to their respective home system.
    Destruction is the only ending that would be hard to get out of.

And, according to andromeda, even the milky way races had a ftl tech independant of the relays after ME2, so they could also use that. No one seemed to care about that in MEA.

Either way a successor would have to play some time after that, at least 50-100 years so most of this would be in the past.

no matter which ending bioware may have picked for ME3 as canon, they would piss off roughly 2/3rd of their fans. which is why they side stepped it all together and went with andromeda as contingency plan asari briefly mention