Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Void Elf Demon Hunters you say......
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    There's no way you legitimately believe that Illidan's story is over. If you actually think they'd lock Sargeras and Illidan away instead of killing them and will keep either of them gone, oh boy.
    Yeah, I've already wrote that plenty of times in the Legion ending cinematic. But still saying that quote is about Illidan is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellorion View Post
    Void Elf Demon Hunters you say......
    Maybe this is not a bad theory after all.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by SardaukarMikhail View Post

This is a good point. I wouldn't be surprised if the Old Gods had something to do with Arthas. Could be a good way to bring him back into the story.
    Probably one of the few directions with Arthas, after the huge success with the redemption story of Kratos, I can see Blizzard trying to mimic that and also he is still among the most loved and iconic characters of the franchise, his return like Illidan is just a matter of when

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    "He gave himself to the deep places. He gave himself to me."

AFAIK was one of the datamined quotes, but yeah, the title is misleading.
    might as well be referencing the players who don't dispel the gift of N'zoth?

Quote Originally Posted by valax View Post
    might as well be referencing the players who don't dispel the gift of N'zoth?
    Nah, "he" pretty much excludes players, because female characters exist.

If it were meant to be about players then it would most likely use "they".

7+ Year Old Account
    OoOoOOo Interesting theory, I like it and I can see this being a thing

Okay, after thinking about it... that could make sense - why?

They could add Void spec for the Demon Hunters. Illidan absorbing power of Sargeras and N'Zoth(or something? just an idea), he could come back and teach other races how to become demon hunters, such as Void Elves and Orcs - and current Demon Hunters how to use power of Void.

Something like Ranged DPS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Okay, after thinking about it... that could make sense - why?

They could add Void spec for the Demon Hunters. Illidan absorbing power of Sargeras and N'Zoth(or something? just an idea), he could come back and teach other races how to become demon hunters, such as Void Elves and Orcs - and current Demon Hunters how to use power of Void.

Something like Ranged DPS.
    I have hard time seeing Orcs as Demon Hunters.. they ain't very agile.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Then there was the time when he tried to destroy Icecrown and almost unwittingly released Yogg-saron.
    Illidan released Sylvanas from Ner'zhul's mind control. Illlidan burned Teldrassil confirmed.
    The Sin'dorei reign supreme! © Grand Astromancer Capernian

Quote Originally Posted by Araya View Post
    I could see Illidan getting conned into it and him thinking he was doing his own thing. After all, the best prisons are the one's you don't know you're in.
    I really wouldn't see it as Illidan being conned. He always wanted power, not necessary to conquer but just be more self actualized. He wanted to claim the power of Sargeras as his own in Warcraft 3. With the titans holding Sargeras at bay and Illidan holding the sargerite keystone, a Kryptonite if you will, I think he might claim Sargera's power. Illidan does say "At Last...." when Sargeras is finally imprisoned.

That's very nteresting idea! I dig it.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh yeah.

Good point.

"Unleash the tides of doom on all who oppose us."

Then there was the time when he tried to destroy Icecrown and almost unwittingly released Yogg-saron.
    Am I forgetting something? Does ICC somehow hold back Yogg-Saron? I thought that was Ulduar...
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Am I forgetting something? Does ICC somehow hold back Yogg-Saron? I thought that was Ulduar...
    Well the spell was aimed at Northrend not just ICC. Go watch the Mal'Furion and Illidan in the Warcraft Three Night Elf campaign. Mal'Furion says Northrend, Illidan says ICC.
    Last edited by SardaukarMikhail; 2019-01-21 at 03:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    It would have ravaged the entire continent, and I think Malfurion says something ominous about other forces directing his actions. It was when he was using the Eye of Sargeras.

edit: I can't find a source in WC3 for the "ominous force behind him" thing so I'm retracting that for now. Someone check Chronicles.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2019-01-21 at 08:48 PM.

It would have ravaged the entire continent, and I think Malfurion says something ominous about other forces directing his actions. It was when he was using the Eye of Sargeras.

edit: I can't find a source in WC3 for the "ominous force behind him" thing so I'm retracting that for now. Someone check Chronicles.
    Didn't he said the forces of nature or the balance will be forever affected?
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcGbuDlnm_k

Theres a video of it on YouTube. I don't think this is what Blizzard had planned when they were making Warcraft 3, but I think now that they are trying to expand the lore, it fits pretty good!

Illidan will be out of the game for at least 6 years/3 expansions. I would be VERY surprised if he had even the slightest connection to anything N'Zoth themed. I cannot even take the sources brought up here seriously....this is just so far detached from the character....it's like saying Sylvanas is really working for the Naaru. You can probably find some sources that would fit this narrative, but it's just wrong...and it feels wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post
    Illidan will be out of the game for at least 6 years/3 expansions. I would be VERY surprised if he had even the slightest connection to anything N'Zoth themed. I cannot even take the sources brought up here seriously....this is just so far detached from the character....it's like saying Sylvanas is really working for the Naaru. You can probably find some sources that would fit this narrative, but it's just wrong...and it feels wrong.
    Nathasil, I think you're just making stuff up because you don't like this theory =p

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lets be honest there is The Void and The Burning Crusade.
    Everyone who fight The Burning Crusade are unwilling allies of The Void.
    And Illidan was the Burning Crusade's Biggest Hater who played the ultimate part in TBC destruction.

Go figure.