Page 1 of 3
LastLast

MMOC Account Deletions, Patch 8.1.5 VO, PTR Install Size, Blue Posts, DLC #663

The HearthPwn Class Creation Competition Returns With Trials and Errors!

Announcement Regarding Recent MMO-Champion Account Deletions
    We have been receiving a number of support requests from users who have recently had their accounts deleted. As outlined in these articles, we are asking users in the European Economic Area (the EEA) for their consent to transfer their account(s) and corresponding data to Fandom. Recently, we deleted accounts and data for users who did not provide consent.

In order to allow users to reclaim deleted accounts, we are building an account reclaim service that will be co-managed by Curse Media and Twitch. As outlined here, Twitch will retain a copy of deleted data that can be used to re-create an MMOC account if a user chooses to provide consent. Don't worry - your usernames cannot be sniped during that interim period.

We understand that losing access (even temporarily) to MMOC is frustrating. To minimize the impact of this transition for users in the EEA, we sent emails to MMOC users with an opt-in link and placed a modal on MMOC with an opt-in button. If you were running a browser or a browser extension that selectively blocks content on web pages (for example, ad blockers), it is possible that the MMOC opt-in modal was blocked.

Patch 8.1.5 VO
    The initial Patch 8.1.5 PTR build added Kul Tiran jokes, flirts, and lots of VO!

Patch 8.1.5 PTR Installation Size
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    We’re actually testing some new improvements that allow the client to share the majority of game data between installs, so you don’t need multiple copies of the entire game in order to test things on PTR.

To use this, you’ll need to be using the Beta version of the Battle.net app (Click the Blizzard logo in the upper left -> Settings -> Beta -> “Switch to Beta”). Then, when you install the PTR, it’ll only need to download about 2.5gb of data. Note that if you have the PTR already installed, you’ll need to uninstall and reinstall it to use this new tech.

Once it’s installed correctly, you’ll see a new folder called “_ptr_” under your World of Warcraft folder, which should be MUCH smaller than a completely separate install.

Classic Development Q&A
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    The development is definitely moving along but it’s a complicated process and I don’t have any specific details to share at this point. We know you’d like to have a Q&A and a variety of things answered, but we’d prefer to have concrete answers to give you guys or new information. I’m personally very opposed to doing a Q&A for the sake of doing it without saying anything new. For everyone’s sake that’s just the better choice when it comes to these types of things.

Dark Legacy Comics #663
    DLC #663 has been released!

Last edited by chaud; 2019-01-14 at 05:03 AM.

Stood in the Fire Grimalkin of Old's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I’m personally very opposed to doing a Q&A for the sake of doing it without saying anything new.
    Hilarious

10+ Year Old Account
    And DLC completely lost me this week.

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    People dc/do bad dps/forget to change gear or spec every week, so there's no "extra" affix.

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    I remember the one back in Legion where Krom was making fun of Donald for failing a lvl2 keystone, and Donald replies that his teammates said it had the hardest affix ever. Krom responds that lvl2 keystones have no affixes. Donald shows him 'soulbound', to which Krom says that's not an affix. Donald states it means HE has to be in the group, which leaves Krom dumbfoundedly agreeing that it IS an affix. Having Donald in the group is one of the toughest affixes ever.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    I Guess it makes sense then, now that I think about it that way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    I remember the one back in Legion where Krom was making fun of Donald for failing a lvl2 keystone, and Donald replies that his teammates said it had the hardest affix ever. Krom responds that lvl2 keystones have no affixes. Donald shows him 'soulbound', to which Krom says that's not an affix. Donald states it means HE has to be in the group, which leaves Krom dumbfoundedly agreeing that it IS an affix. Having Donald in the group is one of the toughest affixes ever.
    Yeah, we have joked in my weekly group that our fifth affix is having a resto shaman.

If I was smart, I'd be a monk or something, but I'm not. Against all good sense, I [mostly] enjoy shaman healing.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

It’s not ad blockers blocking opt-in module, it’s simply people not reading (or not caring about) e-mails.

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    It’s not ad blockers blocking opt-in module, it’s simply people not reading (or not caring about) e-mails.
    Or the ones that say well I don't even use that email anymore and don't remember what it is. Well it's just like when you move in real life you need to make sure you update your address. If you didn't do that not their fault you didn't receive that bill that has now gone to collection because you never paid it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Yeah, we have joked in my weekly group that our fifth affix is having a resto shaman.

If I was smart, I'd be a monk or something, but I'm not. Against all good sense, I [mostly] enjoy shaman healing.
    This is rather off-topic but I have to say it. I noticed someone on my ignore list is completely missing and I know I didn't remove them. Do you know what's up with that?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    This is rather off-topic but I have to say it. I noticed someone on my ignore list is completely missing and I know I didn't remove them. Do you know what's up with that?
    The time to give consent to your mmo-account switch to Fandom ran out, so a bunch of accounts got deleted. You can see posts in which the account posting is just listed as "Deleted". I'd assume those simply disappeared from blocked lists and such.

Now, if they use the recovery thingy to get their account back, dunno if you have to re-add them to your blocked list.

Thanks. The tool worked like a charm.

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    My 10 year old account was registered on an old e-mail address that I no longer have. At one point a few months ago the password was changed by MMO-Champion (for security reasons I guess). I tried getting it changed to a current address, but failed to do so (before all this started). So I didn't get the mail, run ad-blocker, so I didn't see any popup, couldn't log in and now lost a 10 year old account. It sucks, but hey, at least now I can troll anonymously again :P

Quote Originally Posted by tumppu View Post
    The time to give consent to your mmo-account switch to Fandom ran out, so a bunch of accounts got deleted. You can see posts in which the account posting is just listed as "Deleted". I'd assume those simply disappeared from blocked lists and such.

Now, if they use the recovery thingy to get their account back, dunno if you have to re-add them to your blocked list.
    I was browsing a thread earlier and I saw some of the dumbest posts I'd ever seen in my life, with some of them bordering on racism and misogyny and the majority of them were from now deleted accounts. If those people don't get their accounts back, I won't shed a single tear.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

Quote Originally Posted by Nyxlin View Post
    My 10 year old account was registered on an old e-mail address that I no longer have. At one point a few months ago the password was changed by MMO-Champion (for security reasons I guess). I tried getting it changed to a current address, but failed to do so (before all this started). So I didn't get the mail, run ad-blocker, so I didn't see any popup, couldn't log in and now lost a 10 year old account. It sucks, but hey, at least now I can troll anonymously again :P
    But this is hardly mmo-champions fault, it's the GDPR that forces them to seek consent. If they do now have it, they are forced to delete the data they received.

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    But this is hardly mmo-champions fault, it's the GDPR that forces them to seek consent. If they do now have it, they are forced to delete the data they received.
    I don't blame MMO-Champion for seeking consent, I was just stating why the way they did it was not working for me (and many others). It's a silly thing that they didn't post this on the homepage, or redirected users directly to their profile where they could check a box for consent. Mail gets blocked or sent to old addresses, popups get blocked and there were much better options to get the user's attention. The fact that they put it on the frontpage now and had to make a recovery tool is ample evidence that the way they handled this hasn't worked well for a lot of people.

I tried recovering my old account, btw, but it says the e-mail address is unknown, so my 10 year old account is gone forever. It's not a big deal though. I'm not proud to show off my wasted time on here, so it's nice to start over

Quote Originally Posted by Grimalkin of Old View Post
    I’m personally very opposed to doing a Q&A for the sake of doing it without saying anything new.
    Hilarious
    Lol'd probably more than I should have.

Tool works well. Can't complain, everything is fine now and I must've missed the original email.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimalkin of Old View Post
    Hilarious
    "We prefer to do Q&A's where we talk down to players and tell them they don't know what fun is"

Thanks for the tool, I might start reading emails from time to time.