Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Russians in BG´s.

The previous thread someone created was closed.

I think the point here is wrong. Sure, you can go with a team and be coordinated. But if you form a group and have a plan, coordination through skype or whatever software, do it on ratted BGs.

In random BGs, all they do is affect other players "gameplay experience", as some would say. The problem is not that they win, no, the problem is that they do NOT care about winning, they want to waste as much time as possible farming HK´s, which totally kills the concept of the BG.

I think it is okay to be in a group and then try to win all the BGs, it will work. But if you purposely stay there, wasting other people´s time, you should be considerate and do it in Ratted BGs, where you play against other teams anyway, instead of a buch of totally random players set together by the machine.

It is an obvious advantage for them, so at least, make it fair and do ratted BGs.

This is not a moaning, a QQ or a "learn to paly lolz", this is pure common sense and anyone with basic conduct modals will know it. You respect other players, I don´t think anyone here likes players who can not behave. So this is what it is all about, if you join BGs with a group with the sole aim of destroying other player´s experience, that tells a lot about you and it is your problem, but hey, you are screwing others.

Do a ratted BG instead... there you can do whatever you want as a team.

The only real issue with russian's in bg is the alphabet. It's a colossal communication barrier and i wonder how in 2018 blizz can't add a translator of some sort to make communications possibile.

Russian server vs. EU - they have advantage in communication. They understand each other and they are using their native language.
    EU players everybody speaks his own language and they are using English as ,,interface" and its not easy for everybody to focus on gameplay and use non-native language.
    And this is the reason why i think, that Russian server shouldn't be included in BGs in EU zone or they should be mixed as every other nation included on EU BGs.
    Russian alphabet is no excuse to me, there aren't greek servers, are they? Are they matched to pure greek teams in BG?

In my experience...
    There are just two types of games against Russian groups in BGs.
    1) You are destroyed by premade group - absolutly no way for your random group to compete.. you are just farmed on your graveyard. Its not fun.
    2) random players and easy win.

Well, I both win and lose against Russians. The biggest problem is that people on my team see the Cyrillic letters and expect to lose, rather than fight. Just as I give up before I've even begun with some forklift tasks because I expect it will go to hell. And with that attitude, yeah...
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

I don't care about Ruskis in BGs. I used to get pretty annoyed by non-English speakers in LFD groups but that was during Cataclysm at a point when heroic dungeons were, you know, actually pretty hard and it was very annoying to not be able to communicate with the whole group.

Other than that, I've never cared about non-English speakers in WoW. Now, MOBAs on the other hand are a different story but that's easily mended by not playing any of those shit games.

PVP is all about pissing someone off. Don't even pretend there is any other purpose to it. I admit it, I do it, I don't pretend it's anything else. And these Russians sound like they're pvp-ing very effectively.

i hate the russians, they get on my nerves alot.

biggest problem is they lag, and are pretty damn difficult to hit
    Signature made by

Yeah it can really piss of

Yeah say that to Magyar on Bladefist. And pretty much every single so-called 'EN' server in the Europe occupied by Germans, French etc. Stop QQing and play the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethas View Post
    Yeah say that to Magyar on Bladefist. And pretty much every single so-called 'EN' server in the Europe occupied by Germans, French etc. Stop QQing and play the game.
    And does matchmaking system match them to french of german group? No..

And your statement is not true as well.. there are servers with polish community, czech community and so on..
    So whats the point of your post?

Quote Originally Posted by Kynreve View Post
    PVP is all about pissing someone off. Don't even pretend there is any other purpose to it. I admit it, I do it, I don't pretend it's anything else. And these Russians sound like they're pvp-ing very effectively.
    Not true, if you are playing just to satisfy yourself that you ruined game experience of someone else.. you should do something with yourself.
    Learn to play? React on ,,unexpected" decisions of other players mind (as the oposite of pve )? Get better? Get rewards? Cooperate with other players? No? Nothing?
    Last edited by Nargoron; 2019-01-22 at 09:02 AM.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    My biggest issue with it is that many times you land up against a Russian team it's very clearly a pre-made group. Presumably they're using some kind of exploit to ensure that they all land up in the same group. There is a word for that: "cheating"

Random BGs are made for pugs (with the possibility of a small pre-formed group of up to 5 players joining), not for premade groups of 10-15 players. Having those kinds of groups in the mix just makes for a shitty experience for everyone else. It's like allowing a group of 18 year-olds compete in a under-11 football tournament.

At this point I would actually like to just see Blizzard keep Russian servers out of the EU matchmaking pool. There's enough teams out the to make it sustainable. Let them have fun playing against other pre-mades, and let the randoms have fun against actual randoms.

russians just spam bgs with premade groups and gank other people who are low geared. pathetic russians.

russia is basically asia and we're not playing vs chinese players either

seperate them to resolve the lag and language barrier issues
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

giving wow insight daily - expert in wow

10+ Year Old Account
    It's kinda unfair, Russian teams win about everything.

I have not counted, but I ESTIMATE that playing versus russians, I have about 3 wins and 50+ losses, which means almost always a loss. They are so much more organized and geared than european teams

It's unfair cause they communicate better, same language etc. Besides, I pay to play on european servers, where english is the language. Even if russians are on the opposite team and we dont talk, it's still not what I payed for to play. Keep russian servers separated.

I am half russian btw (sadly cant speak russian), so i have nothing against russians, but still.

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    Didn't Blizzard prevent grouping for random battlegrounds more than 5 players or something like that?
    That's the whole problem; they circumvent this rule by simply queuing multiple groups at the same time, which are then almost guaranteed to get into the same match. If anything this rule made Russians even more of a menace in casual PvP by giving them an advantage they did not have before.

But honestly the matchmaking for random BGs is so incredibly cancer in WoW that I almost understand that Blizzard has remained silent on this issue for so long. It's such a shitshow that who cares really if ~30% of AVs for some EU people are against Russian honor farming groups. It's a small injustice compared to the bigger picture of the colossal and entirely unaddressed unfairness of the matchmaking we've had to deal with for years. And things won't be improved, probably ever, considering how fewer and fewer people are queuing up. If anything the situation will only get worse.

Tears, these sweat tears

Why do you think we always understand each other? Some Russians do not know how to speak or how to write at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kill Broccoli View Post
    The only real issue with russian's in bg is the alphabet. It's a colossal communication barrier and i wonder how in 2018 blizz can't add a translator of some sort to make communications possibile.
    Guess Russians are to EU what the latin servers are to NA.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    The previous thread someone created was closed.

I think the point here is wrong. Sure, you can go with a team and be coordinated. But if you form a group and have a plan, coordination through skype or whatever software, do it on ratted BGs.

In random BGs, all they do is affect other players "gameplay experience", as some would say. The problem is not that they win, no, the problem is that they do NOT care about winning, they want to waste as much time as possible farming HK´s, which totally kills the concept of the BG.

I think it is okay to be in a group and then try to win all the BGs, it will work. But if you purposely stay there, wasting other people´s time, you should be considerate and do it in Ratted BGs, where you play against other teams anyway, instead of a buch of totally random players set together by the machine.

It is an obvious advantage for them, so at least, make it fair and do ratted BGs.

This is not a moaning, a QQ or a "learn to paly lolz", this is pure common sense and anyone with basic conduct modals will know it. You respect other players, I don´t think anyone here likes players who can not behave. So this is what it is all about, if you join BGs with a group with the sole aim of destroying other player´s experience, that tells a lot about you and it is your problem, but hey, you are screwing others.

Do a ratted BG instead... there you can do whatever you want as a team.
    I do not know why russian server players are not mixed in with all other EU server players? Every other EU server is mixed in, so why not Russian servers?

Raid boosts and PvP boosts (for real money) in EU are done by Russian based guilds.