Page 1 of 21
... LastLast

5 weeks into warmode and buff is still 30% favored to Alliance

They are obviously lying now are they? Horde will never get this buff ever, even when there are almost no Horde in Warmode anymore. It's just a manual setting that they decide to flip once in a while when they feel like it.

No idea why they didn't make it 30% for both factions. I mean the problem with warmode is that the 10% wasn't motivating enough, so the Horde wanted to do pvp while the Alliance didn't and also didn't find the 10% worth the hassle of putting up with a sea of red text.

The Alliance wouldn't lose interest again if the Horde also gets the 30%, and the Horde wouldn't now be pushed out of warmode by a sea of Alliance while now the Horde doesn't see the point in the 10%.

But a 30% for both would have solved everything. But no, as usual, Blizzard just can't do it right.

Quote Originally Posted by Kynreve View Post
    No idea why they didn't make it 30% for both factions. I mean the problem with warmode is that the 10% wasn't motivating enough, so the Horde wanted to do pvp while the Alliance didn't and also didn't find the 10% worth the hassle of putting up with a sea of red text.

But a 30% for both would have solved everything. But no, as usual, Blizzard just can't do it right.
    30% for both wouldnt change anything. It was supposed to change based on your battlegroup balance to even out the odds.
    S.H.

Here I am sitting as I wait for my cooldown to resurrect wears down. To spawn into a full group of Alliance with 5 healers at their back in my shard, doing their "kill 25 Horde in a 5 man group" to get their free 370 welfare item for the week.

Well, I guess that Reddit is the true powerhouse to make the developpers change their minds. Reddit said that 10% buff to both factions was somehow Horde biased, so now Alliance get 30% and now it's balanced. This is just a fucking joke.

Not like it matters. I mean, it doesn't increase rep and the reward increase is barely noticeable. The problem is, it doesn't work as its intended, which is to give people incentive to join warmode. I used it for leveling. I turned it off after awhile at max level. Just not worth it since I was only doing WQs for rep and it didn't impact rep.

I do have to agree though. It clearly isn't scaling as intended.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

10+ Year Old Account

Both 30% wouldn't have solved shit, alli still wouldn't have used it and horde would've continued using it like nothing changed.

I have it on as alliance, it's awesome.

As someone who couldn't use it for the first 3 months of the expansion because there were horde raids -everywhere- i'm happy I can now turn it on with good incentive.

30% is great, considering this entire xpac has deepend the rift between how many hordies/alliance, it's nice that alliance get something.

Also, while pvp/pve/etc realms don't exist anymore, those who were on PVP realms, horde outnumbered alliance 1.2 to 1, so every 5 hordies there were 4 alliance, if you added them all up.

Meaning the people who wanted to pvp on horde outnumbered alliance, mostly due to years of unbalanced faction abilities. So it's unlikely it'll change anytime soon if the people who use warmode are those same people, and a majority of them are horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Overlordd View Post
    They are obviously lying now are they? Horde will never get this buff ever, even when there are almost no Horde in Warmode anymore. It's just a manual setting that they decide to flip once in a while when they feel like it.
    As someone who plays on both sides, I gotta say that I cannot agree with the sentiment that "almost no Horde is in Warmode anymore". It still is the default state for almost every horde player I know, while the default is Warmode of for most alliance players. My anecdotal evidence runs afoul to yours. But, ultimately, it is likely just that Alliance might turn it on for when they actually do worldquests and then turn it off, while Horde tends to just keep it active all the time because why bother changing?

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, Blizzard is always lying when the game doesn't work in your favor.

DO you have the numbers on the volume of players in each warmode? I know I have zoned into many of warmode shards and there are no alliance at all on my horde toon but everytime I zone into a warmode shard on alliance toons there is a healthy mix of both factions most of the time but sometimes I still hit a shard where there is 5:1 horde to alliance and it sucks...... Horde will likely never get it because there are more horde players in general......

Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    Both 30% wouldn't have solved shit, alli still wouldn't have used it and horde would've continued using it like nothing changed.

I have it on as alliance, it's awesome.

As someone who couldn't use it for the first 3 months of the expansion because there were horde raids -everywhere- i'm happy I can now turn it on with good incentive.

30% is great, considering this entire xpac has deepend the rift between how many hordies/alliance, it's nice that alliance get something.

Also, while pvp/pve/etc realms don't exist anymore, those who were on PVP realms, horde outnumbered alliance 1.2 to 1, so every 5 hordies there were 4 alliance, if you added them all up.

Meaning the people who wanted to pvp on horde outnumbered alliance, mostly due to years of unbalanced faction abilities. So it's unlikely it'll change anytime soon if the people who use warmode are those same people, and a majority of them are horde.
    If the Horde atleast gets the same quest to kill 25 alliance, which we don't. We have nothing to gain out of warmode anymore besides a weak 10% buff while the Alliance gets 30%

I guess that is balanced to some Alliance players, but I don't really see the balance nowadays when every assault has around 5 Alliance bounties for the past 2 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiri View Post
    As someone who plays on both sides, I gotta say that I cannot agree with the sentiment that "almost no Horde is in Warmode anymore". It still is the default state for almost every horde player I know, while the default is Warmode of for most alliance players. My anecdotal evidence runs afoul to yours. But, ultimately, it is likely just that Alliance might turn it on for when they actually do worldquests and then turn it off, while Horde tends to just keep it active all the time because why bother changing?
    Agree completely, I have a couple characters on both sides that I play regularly and there are still a ton of Horde out in the world. While 30 percent is pretty lucrative, I'm guessing it seems much worse than it is for the Horde due to the beginning of the expansion allowing them to steamroll the Alliance at will.

Blizzard should be transparent about it and have a call somewhere that can be displayed in a UI where the balance currently is, even if it is on the site or something.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Here I am sitting as I wait for my cooldown to resurrect wears down. To spawn into a full group of Alliance with 5 healers at their back in my shard, doing their "kill 25 Horde in a 5 man group" to get their free 370 welfare item for the week.

Well, I guess that Reddit is the true powerhouse to make the developpers change their minds. Reddit said that 10% buff to both factions was somehow Horde biased, so now Alliance get 30% and now it's balanced. This is just a fucking joke.
    I can't even enter kul tiras on my alliance alts to level.

so shh

This is something I noticed as well, I was in a shard full of Alliance, there was barely any horde and the buff was still only 10%. This is not how it was supposed to work from original post because they said that favoured faction in shard will have reduced reward while other will get buffed reward. Now it's only Alliance buff...sigh

I have absolutely no sympathy for the Horde here. I got told for months to turn it off when I was grossly outnumbered and getting wrecked left and right. The Alliance collectively gave up and let the Horde have their uncontested 10% boost.

Now all the same people that insisted at every turn that we disable Warmode and never look back are wondering why there aren't enough of us using it to even out the numbers. Truly, a mystery for the ages.

You still have the fancy BFA mounts, the story involvement, a promised plot line to explain your faction's inclusion in the coming raids (which we never got for Uldir) working animations on your Season one mount (RIP Vicious Riverbeast), a mount quest that the Alliance has no equal to, and more players to group up with for content / recruit for your guilds. You don't get mocked at Blizzcon. You didn't spend 100k for your Azeroth Chopper. You get to buddy up with your faction's leaders and aid them against each other while the Alliance next patch gets to pick a name for a boat.

Alliance has this one thing going for us and it's the end of the world here, on the official forums, and the WoW subreddit. I look forward to continuing to mow you guys down every time an Assault crops up. And if you don't like it: Turn it off. I keep hearing that's good advice.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    I have absolutely no sympathy for the Horde here. I got told for months to turn it off when I was grossly outnumbered and getting wrecked left and right. The Alliance collectively gave up and let the Horde have their uncontested 10% boost.

Now all the same people that insisted at every turn that we disable Warmode and never look back are wondering why there aren't enough of us using it to even out the numbers. Truly, a mystery for the ages.
    This, precisely. All of you "well if you don't like being ganked by a ton of Horde, just turn it off, Alliance crybabies!" people made this bed so you get to lie in it.
    Last edited by clevin; 2019-01-16 at 07:01 PM.

World PvP is fun as hell (especially when it's not zergs). Love a good 3v3 out in nature.

Who gives a shit what the other faction gets?

This is like... being mad that the guy over there playing tetris gets a free slice of pizza for playing tetris and you get nothing.

If you need rewards to play a video game, then... I can't really help you.

Quote Originally Posted by sirethas View Post
    This is something I noticed as well, I was in a shard full of Alliance, there was barely any horde and the buff was still only 10%. This is not how it was supposed to work from original post because they said that favoured faction in shard will have reduced reward while other will get buffed reward. Now it's only Alliance buff...sigh
    you dont understand how the system works at all. The buff is based on the participation in WM based on the week before. It has nothing to do with sharding or on what shard you are. Besides that shards are extremly good balanced. If you run into an alliance raid this means that a horde raid is probably on a different location as well. Just unlucky that you are not there.

(I play horde, by the way)

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    This, precisely. All of you "well just turn it off, Alliance crybabies!" people made this bed so you get to lie in it.
    Horde never got quests to actively hunt Alliance players for good rewards. Horde never got a better increase to their buff.
    It's all in favor of Alliance.