Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    It's not supposed to be, if we're going by what the writers have stated. Even the newly released trailer references back to the original Ghostbusters quite a bit.
    It's weird since I'm pretty sure it was always intended to do a "universe" where they'd have (something like) this sequel, along with GB16 and another alternate universe and then combine them or something. But some of the more extreme types are hating this movie for not being a sequel to the (widely hated for many reasons) GB16, even though I think GB16 probably reduced the chances of this (or any new GB for a generation) getting made...

Someone mentioned that it had a Stranger Things vibe to it, although that may just be a poke at the actor in it.
    I imagine it has to, since Stranger Things drew on Ghostbusters and many other sources.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Not sure about the kids thing, I hope it doesn't turn into Stranger Things #21340623, also didn't seem like a comedy (neither dark nor slapstick-queef-improv) either.

buuuuut, that being said, it seems like it could be an interesting mystery movie and I love the hints at world building they did here. The connection to the OGB and the disapearance of ghosts for 30 years could have alot of potential. If they play it right they could actually make this into a universe that works as a platform for paranormal action and mystery.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    It's rather funny though as this one is clearly politically correct and inclusive-as-hell in its representation, yet not receiving the same hatred from the first trailers.
    The later criticisms for the 2016 one were entirely legit though, as in the quality of it as a movie.
    Probably because representation in movies is never the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    Probably because representation in movies is never the problem?
    Lol'd.

It 100% is and has been the issue focused on amongst online communities for several releases. But it's a forbidden topic, so I'd suggest Google.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol'd.

It 100% is and has been the issue focused on amongst online communities for several releases. But it's a forbidden topic, so I'd suggest Google.
    It's only an issue being pushed by Hollywood and the media itself. It's never been a problem for moviegoers. They don't care as long as the movie is good.

It's rather funny though as this one is clearly politically correct and inclusive-as-hell in its representation, yet not receiving the same hatred from the first trailers.
    The later criticisms for the 2016 one were entirely legit though, as in the quality of it as a movie.
    As has been said prior, it was never because the cast had women in it. The outrage was because the GB16 trailers (and the movie, as well) conveyed that being PC or equal opportunity or whatever you want to add to this list were the main focuses of the content creation instead of important things, like story structure, entertainment value, etc. With respect to GB16, the first trailers completely gave off the vibe that they completely focused on making sure the main cast was all female versus making a great movie that happened to have an all female main cast. While this may seem like semantics, there's an insanely large difference between the two. It was never about "we hate women as strong leads!" as we've had very popular franchises with strong female leads for decades, it was always about recognizing we were getting a subpar movie because the creator's focus was on all the wrong things. At best while giving the benefit of the doubt to the creators, GB16 was marketed to the wrong crowd, as when I was watching through the movie, all I could think was that absolutely everything was targeted at middle-aged women (not your typical Ghostbusters crowd, most likely)

If we look at this new GB trailer, it's immediately apparent that there's an effort to stay true to the franchise prior to GB16. Sure, there's a racial/gender diverse cast in the trailer, but it's never forced into our faces nor does it appear everyone's a diversity hire because we need diversity hires for some reason. In terms of the target demo, I'd say it's old GB franchise fans as well as the younger crowd, likely in an effort to expand the viewer base and potentially new franchise opportunities. However, I cannot stress this enough that what we've been given via the trailer never once implies that there were sacrifices made to the story or the entertainment value for some superficial reason.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

I saw with my own eyes the narratives going around for Captain Marvel, GB2016, Black Panther...

Sorry, but you won't erase the facts of what went down. And no, it wasn't "pushed by Hollywood and media", it was happening in forums, comment sections, rating websites etc.

That doesn't mean none of it was legitimate concerns, obviously. But the existence of one doesn't erase the other.

5+ Year Old Account
    Is the movie still on schedule to release in july?

GHOSTBUSTERS - Who You Gonna Call: A Ghostbusters Retrospective

Jun 10, 2020
    Ghostbusters

Director Ivan Reitman and Co-Writer/Actor Dan Aykyrod take a look back at the history of #Ghostbusters and share intimate experiences of making the film.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Is the movie still on schedule to release in july?

GHOSTBUSTERS - Who You Gonna Call: A Ghostbusters Retrospective

Jun 10, 2020
    Ghostbusters

Director Ivan Reitman and Co-Writer/Actor Dan Aykyrod take a look back at the history of #Ghostbusters and share intimate experiences of making the film.
    Release date Moved from Jul 10,2020 to Mar 5, 2021. Basically all of Sony AAA titles got moved to 2021. Morbius, Perter Rabbit 2, Uncharted, Greyhound.

5+ Year Old Account
    Oh noes i won't even be able to make a 2020 top ten fav movies..

5+ Year Old Account

Ha, pleasantly disturbing! Looks like a must-watch for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I'm fine with a mafia. Of course, the mafia families often worked with independent third parties in order to maintain relations.

5+ Year Old Account
    They better make staypuft marshmallows (that look like the character)...I want one..or at least a cereal
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2021-04-08 at 03:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

After seeing this, I am pretty interested. The ghosts in this look pretty spooky and we have some returns of some familiar monsters... And its good to see one that doesn't have neon splooge over it like Ghostbusters (2016) had. :P

also looking back at my old title when this movie was subbed to be released in 2020... man what a long two years since the teaser its been lol
    Last edited by Orby; 2021-07-27 at 01:15 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    video=youtube;xaG_5ZZ2PyM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaG_5ZZ2PyM&ab_channel=IGN[/video]

After seeing this, I am pretty interested. The ghosts in this look pretty spooky and we have some returns of some familiar monsters... And its good to see one that doesn't have neon splooge over it like Ghostbusters (2016) had. :P

also looking back at my old title when this movie was subbed to be released in 2020... man what a long two years since the teaser its been lol
    Yep. Looking pretty solid. Best part? No endless scenes of pointless improv. Has it really been 5 years since that garbage fire was released? Sheesh.

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    Yep. Looking pretty solid. Best part? No endless scenes of pointless improv. Has it really been 5 years since that garbage fire was released? Sheesh.
    You realize there is ample opportunity in a film to have "scenes of pointless improv" without ever seeing a hint of it in the trailer, right?

Certainly looks better than the 2016 one but I'd probably wait for it on netflix or whatever streaming service it ends up on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    You realize there is ample opportunity in a film to have "scenes of pointless improv" without ever seeing a hint of it in the trailer, right?
    That's why I said it is looking pretty solid. Could still end up a total mess but it is far more promising than the 2016 one.

I have to say, with this new trailer, actually looks potentially really good.

5+ Year Old Account
    I liked the first two movies cuz it was centered around very good comedians, but these kids, have the charisma of a sack of potatoes...but got ant man, old actors, seems good production value so might make this a decent watch.