Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account

Powerless Video Card

I recently took my graphics card out to give it a good cleaning, afterwards I have not been able to get my graphics card to start up. I have gotten a new card, bought new cables, tried HDMI cables, changed TVs, all to no success. My current TV is showing that my card is getting no power. Sadly I can't afford to take it to the repair shop so this is my last option.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Warning I'm not too well verse in the technical terms involving computer parts.

Make sure it's properly seated in the pcie slot. Make sure you plugged the power lines back into it.

How did you clean it?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    Make sure it's properly seated in the pcie slot. Make sure you plugged the power lines back into it.

How did you clean it?
    I used a some Qtips and alcohol to clean the fan blades. I've pushed it down as far as it would go, also I forgot to mention my PC used a connector so the card sits sideways forming an L shape. Not sure why ASUS went with that model but they know better then me.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    I used a some Qtips and alcohol to clean the fan blades. I've pushed it down as far as it would go, also I forgot to mention my PC used a connector so the card sits sideways forming an L shape. Not sure why ASUS went with that model but they know better then me.
    That should be fine. Make sure both the card and daughter board are connected properly. Again make sure the power lines are plugged in as well, if it needs them.

When your PC boots, go the fans spin on the card?

Worst case does your PC have a video out on the motherboard? If so use that and see if you can get into windows and check things.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    Photo of the L shape thing might be useful. If it's a PCIE Riser cable, remove it and test without. Most are really bad and known to cause issues.
    It isn't a cable it is a PCI-Express 16x Riser Card 90 Degree Right Angle Riser Adapter Card.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    That should be fine. Make sure both the card and daughter board are connected properly. Again make sure the power lines are plugged in as well, if it needs them.

When your PC boots, go the fans spin on the card?

Worst case does your PC have a video out on the motherboard? If so use that and see if you can get into windows and check things.
    PC is working and I am currently using the integrated graphics but that is Intel HD Graphics 4600.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    Well, did you try to get rid of it? Use the motherboard slot directly.
    The PC's fan housing is in the way, it extends over the PCI slot so normal sized graphics card can't fit.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    The card is not detected in the bios. A scan by GPU z gives me the following information .
    Where do I find the correct system specs?