Page 2 of 65 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PaladinBash View Post
    Dude...the ilvl goes up every patch. It's been that way since the start of the game. Since BC you had catchup or welfare gear to kinda get around the fact you don't want to run old raids on your alts to gear them up and shit. It's not meant to stay relevant. It's been that way forever. You're out of touch OP. Looks like all that gear you paid to get carried through doesn't matter anymore and you'll have to buy it again.
    You are also invited to try and answer the questions here.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeezo View Post
    snip.
    All of these are dumb questions that don't deserve an answer. The gear treadmill is an integral part of the game since its inception, and there have been catch up mechanisms to reach [last tier's item level] since the first xpac, which released 12 years ago. I really don't get what makes you so angry.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't call it a spike. You can already get 395 items (I guess you can get more with the right proc), so 425 which is the Heroic/Mythic loot of the next raid, that isn't really a spike. The item levels have ALWAYS gone up, always.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

15+ Year Old Account
    Path of Exile does seasons too. They call them leagues. Once the league is over, your character and stash are moved to the default league and in the next league you start completely fresh.

If WoW adopted this model people would collectively lose their marbles, but it'd be interesting to me since I'm used to it. Maybe the game needs something like that. It needs a lot of things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    All of these are dumb questions that don't deserve an answer.
    Haha, so:

"I'm wrong, so I'm going to ignore the questions that prove I'm wrong".

Got it.

Okay, I'll clear this up for the people who just don't get it.

Tell me:

1. When did dungeon items get their item levels increased, rather than new dungeons with better gear?
    2. When did World Quests start getting their items increased, rather than replaced via new content?
    3. When did vendors get their items increased, rather than a new tier vendor prior to the system removal?
    4. When did gear bonus procs start their random item level increase, rather than a specific value?

I'll let you start with those four. And, to be fair, anyone is allowed to answer them. I'll happily correct those who are wrong, just to put this "this iz fiftein yearz lolz" claim out of the thread, because it's laughably incorrect.

@OneWay, @XDurionX, @Gaidax and @Felrush are all invited to answer these questions, too.
    So you're complaining that content is not kept relevant but you're also complainging about content being made relevand by increasing the rewards? I don't get it. Are you just here to complain for the sake of it or do you have any actual suggestions?

It feels like getting the middle finger from Blizzard. All the work you did in 8.0 regardless of what level you play is now completely invalidated. Even the mythic raiders are getting the shaft, they could've cleared the raid once and then just waited until 8.1 and got the same quality gear for literally no effort at all.

Character progression is dead. You're now truly playing the patch, not the expansion.

Haha, so:

Got it.
    All this thread does is expose your ignorance and immaturity.

I don't want my achievements in a video game diminished, REEEEEEEEEEEE

Yep, it has always worked this way, always. Accept it, or keep throwing a tantrum nobody cares about.

Haha, so:

Got it.
    99% of the people in this thread say you're wrong but you go in and say that :thinking:
    Raid Mains: Warlock / Warrior
    M+ Main/s: DH / Rogue
    Active alts: Druid /Monk / Mage

"The difficulty of the Warfront will increase however"

and they really spend dev time on this.. there is only ONE thing that prevents me from getting loot from warfronts: if other players kick me for afk.

All of these are dumb questions that don't deserve an answer. The gear treadmill is an integral part of the game since its inception, and there have been catch up mechanisms to reach [last tier's item level] since the first xpac, which released 12 years ago. I really don't get what makes you so angry.
    You can't compare BC or WOLTK with this.

In BC, we had MGT and ZA as 'catch up' with the IQD badges as well.
    In WOLTK we had ICC dungeons

All of which WAS NEW CONTENT in it's own right. At a more challenging level but providing a short-cut/alternative for gearing quicker.

This is boosting up the gear in all existing content, which is very different.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyscale View Post
    Not really quite like this though. We used to get new dungeons, new token vendors and generally new stuff in patches, not this "new season, new reset, lol" stuff they're serving now.
    Name 1 instance where you got a new dungeon going along with the 2nd raid tier I'll wait (BWL/SSC/TK/Ulduar/Firelands/dont even know what mop was, not mentioning WoD cause it needs to be forgotten and NH)
    Raid Mains: Warlock / Warrior
    M+ Main/s: DH / Rogue
    Active alts: Druid /Monk / Mage

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    'll let you start with those four. And, to be fair, anyone is allowed to answer them. I'll happily correct those who are wrong, just to put this "this iz fiftein yearz lolz" claim out of the thread, because it's laughably incorrect.
    Since you arrogantly state that you know what's right, why should anyone care answer it? But I'll humor you. The answer is: Never. But: There were always catch up mechanisms in the game to help Level twinks or bring late starters to the current content. So what? They try some other way to bring people along, what's the deal? Does it invaluate the effort you put in your toon? Not a bit. But if you suffer from low self esteem and can't have fun playing a game but instead need the game to validate the time you put into it, I can understand that something that doesn't affect you in any way can be seen as a problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    So you're complaining that content is not kept relevant but you're also complainging about content being made relevand by increasing the rewards? I don't get it.
    Legion increased dungeon item level with new dungeons. So, new content was provided.

PvP gear has improved by new gear in new seasons, and it was done via vendors for the overwhelming majority of the game.

Let's just start with those two:

I'd rather have new dungeons, than nothing but the same dungeons that are spiked - and, I'd rather there was new PvP gear, rather than the same gear sourced from exactly the same stuff... That is completely random and not in your control as a player.

Yep, it has always worked this way, always. Accept it, or keep throwing a tantrum nobody cares about.
    Okay, I'll help you.

Question one was:

"When did dungeon items get their item levels increased, rather than new dungeons with better gear?"

The answer is Battle for Azeroth.

Try question two, I've given you the clue to its answer in question one.

Haha, so:

Got it.
    No, he's saying the questions you asked are focused on the context of the current expansion/more recent expansions. I.E. instead of asking a generic "what catch up mechanics were in other expansions?" you choose to be more specific in your questions, because they weren't honest questions.

There wasn't any "ilvl" bump in Wrath for example, but it had catch up mechanics just like every other expansion. But given that you just quoted the first sentence of his response, it leads me to believe you just gave up trying to understand his answer and just respond with a "haha no you" basically.

Welcome to Diablo 3, built by a team that has fundamentally no interest in making a game that its players are interested in.

Dungeons just jump 30 points, while WQs jump to 385.

Jesus.
    What the fuck are you on about. D3 was made awesome when they listened to the players and removed RMAH.

Just quit the game already man. Wow seems to have serious side effects in your life. It's just a game...

Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    Very slowly becoming world of casual craft.
    indeed - every slowly since 2005 and pvp gear from bgs

gotta admit that 14 years is slow indeed

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    The shit, where have you been like last 15 years? New raid tier - higher ilvls across the board. What's new here?

I swear some lemmings here will bitch about anything. I bet next thread will be about quitting the game because Alliance color is blue and Horde is red.
    dont you think that this is a bit rasist though ?

i mean i bet there is a lot of people who enjoy colour blue on horde shouldnt they have option in name of political correctness to point their horde banners blue ? same with allience liking colour red

i mean we live in 2019 ... :P
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2019-01-18 at 08:51 AM.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, I'll clear this up for the people who just don't get it.

Tell me:

1. When did dungeon items get their item levels increased, rather than new dungeons with better gear?
    2. When did World Quests start getting their items increased, rather than replaced via new content?
    3. When did vendors get their items increased, rather than a new tier vendor prior to the system removal?
    4. When did gear bonus procs start their random item level increase, rather than a specific value?

I'll let you start with those four. And, to be fair, anyone is allowed to answer them. I'll happily correct those who are wrong, just to put this "this iz fiftein yearz lolz" claim out of the thread, because it's laughably incorrect.

@OneWay, @XDurionX, @Gaidax and @Felrush are all invited to answer these questions, too.
    So, instead of answering the question I asked you, you evasively go ahead and ask a bunch of leading and disingenuous questions of your own? (that quite frankly appear to be an attempt to strawman your way out anyway)

Tell you what, how about you put together an argument of why you believe this is a bad thing, and then maybe I can decide whether there is any merit in what your conclusions.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitare-sp View Post
    You can't compare BC or WOLTK with this.

In BC, we had MGT and ZA as 'catch up' with the IQD badges as well.
    In WOLTK we had ICC dungeons

All of which WAS NEW CONTENT in it's own right. At a more challenging level but providing a short-cut/alternative for gearing quicker.

This is boosting up the gear in all existing content, which is very different.
    New raids are not a catch up mechanism, since they were the only endgame back then. The badges were. Which we could get by running old heroic dungeons. So exactly the same new_gear_by_old_content-mechanism we have today. We just have a lot more choice how to acquire the catch up gear, which is a good thing.

People are upset that the gear obtained through older content might still be relevant for those trying to gear up for current content? Okay...