Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnluckyAmateur View Post
    Except buying a level 110 and tokens that convert to in-game currency. You're essentially indirectly buying gold for real life cash when it just started as mounts. The fact of the matter is that it was already opened when the shop was made and it's slowly expanding with those features and who knows how far it'll go in the next 3-5 years.

Horse armor failed spectacularly for oblivion also and look at the shear amount of game breaking shit they have in the stores now.
    I’m not disputing that either of thoses things exist just that they are not the same as them going out of there way to make new mounts and pets soly for the shop. Things like race changes or race or faction changes are in the same category as boost but not the mounts that were made for the shop.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    It would be fine if we weren't paying a full box for the expansion + monthly fee.
    I'm not poor, so I don't care about the money.
    Here is something to believe in!

High elf skin now for the low price of $10000 usd

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dark One View Post
    What does that have to do with the fact of an in-game shop on a game that charges full AAA price + monthly fee? I'm glad that you aren't poor, but it doesn't have anything to do with what I said.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Seems you aren't the only person in the world. Most of us realized that around age four or so, but at least you caught up sometime.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    What does that have to do with the fact of an in-game shop on a game that charges full AAA price + monthly fee? I'm glad that you aren't poor, but it doesn't have anything to do with what I said.
    Of course it does, what I'm saying is that I'm totally fine with it.

I will be honest. I think that I would eventually be willing to pay for all these races:

- Vulpera
    - San'layn
    - Mok'Nathal
    - Hozen
    - Ethereals
    - Arakkoa
    - Saberon
    - Botani
    - Tuskarr
    - Furbolg
    - Naga (with two forms)

But at the same time a big part of me hopes that they won't ever appear in the shop. I would really love for all of these races to be added but I wish that it would be done in the old way, not via shop.

i mean if ea can sell extra actionbars (In Kotor) i suppose its not to far fetched to believe another company could sell other races to play.. (Kotor also does that)

Guess what? It's not all about the money. Missing the point of things like this and playing fORtNiTe... I am gonna go ahead and assume you are not poor but not rich either, unless you inherited it.

The cash shop has never bothered me and I totally see why others hate it. That being said, I’m surprised there aren’t Allied Races on the shop now.

Blizzard would probably make a ton of money off of it, but they can kiss the days of people thinking they're a company that cares about its customers goodbye. (Not that a fair amount of people don't already thing that)

If they take things that far though, they'll be triple dipping; charging you for the game, charging you a monthly sub, and charging you for content they would be stripping out of the game to again charge you for.

For me, that's a step over the line into EA territory. If they go that route, then I would personally start treating them like a company, expecting to get more out of what I am paying for or just not supporting them.

No.

Are we really so cynical that we're going to complain about things Blizzard aren't even doing or showing any signs of considering doing?

Don't give Blizzard retarded ideas.They may actually do it.
    It begins with absence and desire.It begins with blood and fear.It begins with....

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    No.

Are we really so cynical that we're going to complain about things Blizzard aren't even doing or showing any signs of considering doing?
    It isn't Blizzard anymore. It's Activision with a different coat of paint.
    Last edited by Soon-TM; 2019-01-20 at 08:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xlightning View Post
    Guess what? It's not all about the money. Missing the point of things like this and playing fORtNiTe... I am gonna go ahead and assume you are not poor but not rich either, unless you inherited it.
    I really don’t get the other side of this argument.

Yes, we pay full price and a subscription and that give us unlimited access to ‘X’ amount of content when it is available. Nowhere does it state that ‘X’ is ALL content.

So when developers release ‘Y’ content that is purely cosmetic, and has zero impact on gameplay - I’m totally fine with this. It’s my choice whether or not I purchase it.

Now allied races being in the shop definietly blurs this line because of racials, and this is something that would need to be carefully managed to make sure it is no meaningful game impact. Personally if this was to go ahead, I firmly believe it should only be for new races, and the existing ones still have their unlock requirements in full. Or the flip side, have all allied races in the shop and still be able to earn them free of cost in game if you so choose.

To be clear though, I am against loot boxes in all forms and believe these need to be purged from the industry.

Oh, and I am definietly older than you kid. And yes, I play Fortnite from time to time, it’s fun. Sometimes I even buy a skin (yes, yes, I know, shock horror disgust).
    Last edited by Byleth; 2019-01-20 at 08:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FurryRedVixen View Post
    i mean if ea can sell extra actionbars (In Kotor) i suppose its not to far fetched to believe another company could sell other races to play.. (Kotor also does that)
    That's not comparable, SWTOR is f2p. If you are subbed, the bars aren't extra. WoW is triple dipping with allied races -- time to unlock (sub fee), race change, time to level for armor (sub fee). Adding them to the shop would be 4 sources of income from one crappy low-effort recolor.
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

I really don’t get the other side of this argument.

Yes, we pay full price and a subscription and that give us unlimited access to ‘X’ amount of content when it is available. Nowhere does it state that ‘X’ is ALL content.

So when developers release ‘Y’ content that is purely cosmetic, and has zero impact on gameplay - I’m totally fine with this. It’s my choice whether or not I purchase it.

Now allied races being in the shop definietly blurs this line because of racials, and this is something that would need to be carefully managed to make sure it is no meaningful game impact. Personally if this was to go ahead, I firmly believe it should only be for new races, and the existing ones still have their unlock requirements in full. Or the flip side, have all allied races in the shop and still be able to earn them free of cost in game if you so choose.

To be clear though, I am against loot boxes in all forms and believe these need to be purged from the industry.

Oh, and I am definietly older than you kid. And yes, I play Fortnite from time to time, it’s fun. Sometimes I even buy a skin (yes, yes, I know, shock horror disgust).
    So you think being able to unlock allied races via in game makes it ok to put them in the store? Damn...

I am 26 so if you are older than me, I don't think it's something to brag about, rather the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    That is shameful. Don't support them being on the cash shop. They should remain in game, not as a cash grab. If people were not so willing to drop $5 here or $5 there, maybe we wouldn't be in the mess of micro transactions.

That should make my stance clear. It should never be a thing.
    No I get it. I once didn't make as much as I do now.

But I don't think grinding to Exalted with the Argussian Reach is worth $5. Time is money, friend.