Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

Last 24hrs Void Lord isnt keeping agro.

Its been 100% fine till yesterday and noticed when soloing the rares in AH it just wasnt keeping the mob.
    Never happened before, and noticed in Darkshore just now doing the Dailies same thing.
    Is this some planned change ?

Nope. Its a bug thats been around since the very first Alpha build. It can happen to both the Void Lord and un-glyphed Voidwalker. You can un-glyph him and hope both versions arent bugged for you. If they are, too bad, so sad, so sorry. There is no fix and Blizzard hasnt even aknowledged its a problem since the first beta build.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    Nope. Its a bug thats been around since the very first Alpha build. It can happen to both the Void Lord and un-glyphed Voidwalker. You can un-glyph him and hope both versions arent bugged for you. If they are, too bad, so sad, so sorry. There is no fix and Blizzard hasnt even aknowledged its a problem since the first beta build.
    Understandable considering they're a small indie company.

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    Understandable considering they're a small indie company.
    I'd like to know where this meme came from.

I don't know, but between that and the phone meme, they've reached "Would have cost a raid tier" level of cringe.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    I'd like to know where this meme came from.
    I believe it was first used in relation to Blizzard by Hearthstone players to explain the lack of features in that game.

- - - Updated - - -

Update: Research informs me that it originates from the League of Legends forums, where developers Riot once used that as an excuse for poor quality. At the time of posting that was probably actually accurate, but meme-worthy nonetheless.

- - - Updated - - -

@OP Is its threat gen and/or its taunt enabled? You can check that in the pet tab of the spellbook.

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    I believe it was first used in relation to Blizzard by Hearthstone players to explain the lack of features in that game.

- - - Updated - - -

Update: Research informs me that it originates from the League of Legends forums, where developers Riot once used that as an excuse for poor quality. At the time of posting that was probably actually accurate, but meme-worthy nonetheless.

- - - Updated - - -

@OP Is its threat gen and/or its taunt enabled? You can check that in the pet tab of the spellbook.
    True.

It's then further progressed to what Blizzard has done in World of Warcraft.

updated character models basically having the same exact face. (when they were first released)
    4,000 pages of beta feedback being completely ignored
    bugs staying in-game, without a HINT of it being discussed upon while store mounts are created and released.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    It can happen to both the Void Lord and un-glyphed Voidwalker. You can un-glyph him and hope both versions arent bugged for you. If they are, too bad, so sad, so sorry.
    That's where I'm at. My Voidwalker bugged very early on, I glyphed for the Voidlord, and this month the Voidlord bugged too. It's just incredibly frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirroth View Post
    That's where I'm at. My Voidwalker bugged very early on, I glyphed for the Voidlord, and this month the Voidlord bugged too. It's just incredibly frustrating.
    I just have 3x Resounding Protection for farming. Dont evn use a pet. Demonic Sac for the extra (fairly hefty “DoT”) damage, and Siphon for extra damage and healing.

Both of mine have been bugged since day 1.

10+ Year Old Account
    completely offtopic but my hunter pet (grimtotem spirit guide) glitches in the character selection screen since forever and i've reported it a few times, yet they do not recognize this as a bug and didn't even try to understand what is the cause.

i am not a doomsayer and definitely love the game but recently they started to act a bit weird. one could almost think there is a problem with activision and they are sabotaging the game deliberately. maybe i am barking to the wrong tree but it feels like it.
    war does not determine who is right, only who is left.

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

The reference came from the WoW selfie cam patch. Instead of bringing a raid tier, or any dungeons, or any content at all, they gave WoW players an in game selfie cam, after six months, and the next raid tier didn't come for another six months after the selfie cam.

So a selfie cam cost players a raid tier.

Quote Originally Posted by fiestatastic View Post
    The reference came from the WoW selfie cam patch. Instead of bringing a raid tier, or any dungeons, or any content at all, they gave WoW players an in game selfie cam, after six months, and the next raid tier didn't come for another six months after the selfie cam.

So a selfie cam cost players a raid tier.
    I was talking about Small Indie Company, I remember costing a Raid Tier well. More precisely, I seem to remember either a Q and A or a Blue Post giving the excuse that they can only develop a finite amount of things, but I could be imagining that. I do like that Blizzard accepted the joke and put Ray D. Tear in the Brawler's Guild during Legion.

It's from Draenor. Started with garrissons. There's a tombstone named Ray D. Tear there too or something IIRC.

As for indie comp, no idea. But they sure are looking like it a lot.
    Thanks for the heads up!

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    From what I can see, If my CB crits for 27k that's when the VW just cant get agro back.
    Branch lord in AH is the worst, Soon as I start attacking him its like VW isnt even there.
    but thank you so much for all the replies

Quote Originally Posted by oathy View Post
    From what I can see, If my CB crits for 27k that's when the VW just cant get agro back.
    Branch lord in AH is the worst, Soon as I start attacking him its like VW isnt even there.
    but thank you so much for all the replies
    Branchlord is a separate issue. Can't tank him even though my VW works fine otherwise.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by burek View Post
    Branchlord is a separate issue. Can't tank him even though my VW works fine otherwise.
    thank you so much its making a lot more sense now.
    its been driving me nuts wondering what was going on

Quote Originally Posted by oathy View Post
    thank you so much its making a lot more sense now.
    its been driving me nuts wondering what was going on
    Hes immune to the VWs taunt, and hits the VW like a truck. (He like 5 shits my voidlord).

I haven't played warlock in a long time and just started questing today, and my voidwalker is terrible at taunting enemies. His taunt isn't disabled. He's not out of energy. He just won't use it. The npc will be pouncing on me and my voidwalker just won't taunt, so I have to manually do it...constantly. Not all the time; sometimes he will actually taunt. But for the most part it doesn't do it on its own.

Is this a new development? By the way, I know reading the tooltip they don't taunt unless they don't have aggro. I'm speaking of when I'm clearly fighting the npc and the voidwalker just refuses to taunt it off me. He'll just melee it over and over again, use other abilities. Just not suffering.

I've encountered the same in the past few days. This post got my attention cause I thought it was just me. I've been maining as affliction, using blueberry to tank for WQs etc. I've been dabbling in Demo and really enjoying it, but lacking instant dot tags for mass pulls it's easier to to affliction. Low and behold my pet can't hold onto anything, it's terrible compared to the fel/wrathguard.

Only encountered it twice when i originally played Aff and Dest but demonology i have no issues with aggro with my Felgaurd...sorry to hear about your issue ;.;