Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    I think that's kinda dumb. It should be that if you stick an Ancient in there, you get an Ancient out. Otherwise what's the point? Endlessly farm and hopes that you get one with perfect rolls? That's one hell of a carrot on a stick. That's like PoE levels of retard.

Also, how soon can you get season character moved to non-season? Are they stuck there until the season ends, and then they just roll down to non-season, or is there some way to manually move them off? This character is just a throw-away so I can get the set for my real barb.
    Ancient and Primal Ancient gear is that carrot on a stick for long time players. If you want to play the Legacy of Nightmares (LON) build, good luck to you. Your seasonal character will automatically be moved to non-season after the season ends. I've never heard of it happening before then but you could try and open a help ticket?

I enjoy jumping into each season and completing the challenges. I typically stop playing around paragon 800, which if you group up you can hit in a couple of days. It takes me a few weeks because I either run solo or public groups. It's fun while it lasts though.
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattiecakes View Post
    Ancient and Primal Ancient gear is that carrot on a stick for long time players. If you want to play the Legacy of Nightmares (LON) build, good luck to you. Your seasonal character will automatically be moved to non-season after the season ends. I've never heard of it happening before then but you could try and open a help ticket?
    I have heard it happen once so it is plausible.

Quote Originally Posted by NoRest4Wicked View Post
    I enjoy jumping into each season and completing the challenges. I typically stop playing around paragon 800, which if you group up you can hit in a couple of days. It takes me a few weeks because I either run solo or public groups. It's fun while it lasts though.
    I agree. I don't play Diablo full time, but seasons are fun to come back once every quarter for a few weeks at a time. This also means I won't burn out, but I will never become really strong. But that is fine by me. I enjoy the game for what it is.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Nah, that's not me but I will happily confess that I play Diablo 3 about once a year for a couple of months, enjoy it a lot while I do and then put it away for another year. I think that's just fine myself. The game is fun to play in short bursts and the combat engine beats about everything. I like PoE too but the clunky combat engine and other problems annoy me sooner rather than later. They have great content though.

The idea for the new season is why I'm headed back in. I like starting fresh. Just not all the time.
    I'm the same, once every 2-3 seasons, I'm having a blast for about one, two weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    It's wrong on many parts, and biased on the rest:

Showing the best items from d2 and comparing them to the crappiest items in d3.
    Dps on weapon doesn't matter for most classes, the actual damage roll or the legendary affix does though. For some builds none of these matters at all, as long as it's fast and has a socket

There's plenty of choice in the gem system, and in the augment system. You see many support builds using stats outside their niche.

This diatribe was written by a diablo 2 fanboi who hasn't played d3 in a very long time. And probably never even liked it to begin with.

- - - Updated - - -

Wrong. Convert set item can't roll ancient. Reforge can.
    DPS or damage roll isn't different, the point is that one single number dictates whether or not an item is good. This is the case with the majority of D3 items. Beyond that, you have a few stats you have to have on every piece that can otherwise it's shit.

If you want to say you have good item diversity within a build in D3, you're out of your mind. If you want to say that you can focus more or less on different stats, fine. But it's nowhere near the same levels of customizability as D2 or PoE, the former of which is a very old game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    DPS or damage roll isn't different, the point is that one single number dictates whether or not an item is good. This is the case with the majority of D3 items. Beyond that, you have a few stats you have to have on every piece that can otherwise it's shit.

If you want to say you have good item diversity within a build in D3, you're out of your mind. If you want to say that you can focus more or less on different stats, fine. But it's nowhere near the same levels of customizability as D2 or PoE, the former of which is a very old game.
    For solo play that is generally the case, a few stats is the most important, but for pushing high G-rift. Support build of many different kinds become viable. Even in lower keys having support builds can help push the group beyond their normal reach.

Though with the change to LoN, there is a lot of viable builds out there that has yet to be tested. The leaderboards are odd right now, to say the least.

Take my vyr's build it is one of those out of the norm where AS is literally useless. Resource cost reduction + Cooldown + Arcane power on Crit is important for the time outside archon form.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Quote Originally Posted by Saphyron View Post
    For solo play that is generally the case, a few stats is the most important, but for pushing high G-rift. Support build of many different kinds become viable. Even in lower keys having support builds can help push the group beyond their normal reach.

Though with the change to LoN, there is a lot of viable builds out there that has yet to be tested. The leaderboards are odd right now, to say the least.

Take my vyr's build it is one of those out of the norm where AS is litterally useless. Resource cost reduction + Cooldown + Arcane power on Crit.
    AS is not generally a strong stat anyway. My point is that for the vast majority of builds, the items you'll use is set in stone aside from maybe 1-2 items, at best. Show me a build in PoE or D2 where this is the case, and I'll rest my case.

That said, even though stats aren't purely "int, crit, crit damage, attack speed/CDR/elemental damage", it's pretty close to that. Which is fine if you don't want gearing and gear choices to be a part of the game, and just have pieces of a puzzle to complete a different build - but to me it makes the game a lot less interesting, and I hope they learn for D4.

10+ Year Old Account
    AS is not generally a strong stat anyway. My point is that for the vast majority of builds, the items you'll use is set in stone aside from maybe 1-2 items, at best. Show me a build in PoE or D2 where this is the case, and I'll rest my case.

That said, even though stats aren't purely "int, crit, crit damage, attack speed/CDR/elemental damage", it's pretty close to that. Which is fine if you don't want gearing and gear choices to be a part of the game, and just have pieces of a puzzle to complete a different build - but to me it makes the game a lot less interesting, and I hope they learn for D4.
    Depends on the build. But there are many variations on the same build. All of them getting pretty far up the rankings of cause if you only play builds made by top players and never experiment then that's on you for not broadening your horizon, as well in D2 you had top builds where this is properly the best but you also had variations of the same build.
    Hammerdin by HNK for example.

My Vyr's build example is not the top build, but it can do G-rift 100+. The top Vyr's build can do 112+

Quote Originally Posted by Saphyron View Post
    Depends on the build. But there are many variations on the same build. All of them getting pretty far up the rankings of cause if you only play builds made by top players and never experiment then that's on you for not broadening your horizon, as well in D2 you had top builds where this is properly the best but you also had variations of the same build.
    Hammerdin by HNK for example.

My Vyr's build example is not the top build, but it can do G-rift 100+. The top Vyr's build can do 112+
    No, it doesn't depend on the build. Literally every single build has at least half of the items set in stone. The items you can experiment with are generally the 1-2 I mentioned, and that's generous given most builds.

Even the Hammerdin build has a lot of options, and literally the only item that's necessary for the build to work is Enigma. The other "set in stone" pieces are just items that are generally seen as the best items for that kind of build. The reason they're the best items is because D2 isn't a game that's focused on the endgame as much.

That said, let's not forget that Paladin literally only had one viable spell (and 3 viable attacks), and that one single spell had a build that still had more options than almost all D3 builds have.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, it doesn't depend on the build. Literally every single build has at least half of the items set in stone. The items you can experiment with are generally the 1-2 I mentioned, and that's generous given most builds.

Even the Hammerdin build has a lot of options, and literally the only item that's necessary for the build to work is Enigma. The other "set in stone" pieces are just items that are generally seen as the best items for that kind of build. The reason they're the best items is because D2 isn't a game that's focused on the endgame as much.

That said, let's not forget that Paladin literally only had one viable spell (and 3 viable attacks), and that one single spell had a build that still had more options than almost all D3 builds have.
    If you are referring to 5/6 out of 13 items being locked by set pieces then you are correct that some builds have half their items locked.
    But you fail to understand some build run the LoN which means only 2 pieces are locked.
    Then there is support builds where some only run 2 or 4-piece sets or 0 piece sets.

There are hundreds of viable builds that can take you to high G-rift and even now in the new season, some builds are massacring former rank 1 builds. Which weren't even in top 100 a few days ago.

Just because you think the only builds that exist are variations of 6-set builds does not make it right.

And the Hammerdin HNK build which at the time where I played D2 was the best Hammerdin build. That has all but 3 pieces locked. You are both factually false and no offence you don't offer anything to the discussion worth discussing.

5+ Year Old Account
    i love playing diablo, its a fun game but not too many people think that, they get influenced by others saying its crap.

10+ Year Old Account

Actually I'm finding that that isn't always the case. Yes, true, I'm not in GR80 or T13 or whatever. But my barb just picked up a 2h mace that does something about lightning damage (can't recall it atm) and since my whirlwind is lightning, it got a hefty buff. The damage of the weapon was about 400 less than the one I had previously, and it actually dropped my Damage stat down by about 75k. However once I equipped it I absolutely demolished everything in my path, I felt like I was doing at least 3 times the DPS I was with the higher damage weapon. The game apparently doesn't, or can't, take into account procs and synergies with abilities I guess. But that one single weapon allowed me to go from Master to T2, possibly T3.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually I'm finding that that isn't always the case. Yes, true, I'm not in GR80 or T13 or whatever. But my barb just picked up a 2h mace that does something about lightning damage (can't recall it atm) and since my whirlwind is lightning, it got a hefty buff. The damage of the weapon was about 400 less than the one I had previously, and it actually dropped my Damage stat down by about 75k. However once I equipped it I absolutely demolished everything in my path, I felt like I was doing at least 3 times the DPS I was with the higher damage weapon. The game apparently doesn't, or can't, take into account procs and synergies with abilities I guess. But that one single weapon allowed me to go from Master to T2, possibly T3.
    cheers happy you are enjoying it.

I play Diablo 1-3 through for the story. Might play it through again with a different class. After that wait for the next story to come out.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I just acquired a PS4...may have to pick the game up on there. I can carry over my PS3 saves, so that'll be interesting. I apparently have a couple of friends who play on PS4, so I won't be alone like I am on PC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Yes but you're essentially still reaching endgame. There'll be a weapon that'll increase your DPS by another 10-fold, and after that you'll get at most an upgrade that increases it by 10-15%, with perfect stats. It'll still be the same base item though.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    Did you just imply D3 is a hard game?

BUHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAH
    I didn't imply. I outright said D2 is easier in every conceivable way compared to D3 pushing grifts.

Of course there's a ton of builds, you have no way to decide which is the best because D2 builds outperform the hardest thing they can do. It's like stopping D3 at T13.

But by your mocking tone, I doubt you even understand what I'm talking about. You're just here to win some impromptu pissing contest nobody else even knows about.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Well, this is the problem with fan forums. D3 is a complete disaster but people will defend it to the last, even when the forum only has a handful of people left.
    I guess if you can't defend whatever image you mindlessly post that supports your opinion with vaguely plausible lies, you can always call other people fanboys for correcting you.

What you posted was bullshit and you'd know it if you based your own opinion on something tangible.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Its hard to enjoy D3 because, well....
    The fact that the whole image ends with a statement that it's insulting is really the pinnacle of how genuinely entitled some people can feel. The rest of the image makes for some good points, but the end just ruins it all. Sod off whiners, you ruin the world for everyone around you.

In games where you have a tangible way to measure difficulty, it appears there are less levels of customization. D2 has no scaling so every build appears viable because you don't have anything that stops it from winning.

Basically. Shitty endgame means anything appears viable.

Quote Originally Posted by NoRest4Wicked View Post
    I do exactly that. The moment I need to play 4-man GR meta to get into efficient Paragon farming, I stop, which is usually between 800-1000. I got insanely lucky in S14 and pushed the ladder, but otherwise I don't bother.

I come back every other season, each time with a different character or build. This time I'm playing WD, having a blast.