Siege of Boralus ship

Is there any way to work around the fact that our pets bug out on the ship in SoB? Doesnt seem like a fix is coming anytime soon anyway.

I don't think they're gonna fix it, it's annoying.

I don't know why it's so hard to actually give pets some increased attack range or something. Even with 100% pet uptime BM is losing to lot of classes already. It's like dual wielders would occasionally drop their off hand and unable to attack with it.

I normally swap to mm for sob runs enough clustered packs to make barrage useful and on bosses its only a minor dps drop with my gear.

Pet pathing has always been an issue and i dont forsee a fix for it

Simple fix: pets should just teleport to target if there's pathing issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetzu View Post
    I normally swap to mm for sob runs enough clustered packs to make barrage useful and on bosses its only a minor dps drop with my gear.

Pet pathing has always been an issue and i dont forsee a fix for it
    Ya I thought about that aswell, dunno how big of a difference it will make with traits and such. I mean if you are looking to push high keys its not going to work, imo.

If you have your pet on passive when you enter the last "phase" on the boat, and then walk up to the tentacle in the back of the ship and engage that tentacle first, your pet will then move normally. Weird way to avoid the issue, but it works everytime
    Signature not acceptable (e.g. too large), read http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-discussions-22/important-signatures/ - Regards, Olison

Quote Originally Posted by Applox View Post
    Ya I thought about that aswell, dunno how big of a difference it will make with traits and such. I mean if you are looking to push high keys its not going to work, imo.
    I run between 8 and 11 on my hunter and i still manage to keep up at 373 ilvl and no BIS Mm traits but i can imagine as the key goes up the gap between the two spec will be rather large.

And with MM being so punishing for a misplay those who arent used to it could see the gap get even bigger

10+ Year Old Account
    I reported this bug in week 1 and it's still a thing. Haha.

i just sigh everytime something like this happens, specially on the stairs down to blockade, my pet just cant seem to figure out how they work...

15+ Year Old Account
    Pet problem always was a thing during all xpacs. Atleast we can dismiss pet without any problem (used to be impossible if you dont see your pet if i recall).
    This is really annoying, cant generate focus at all (as survival) or lose dps as BM :|
    step into everything will gief ya nothing, mon

10+ Year Old Account
    Was reading somewhere to run Pet as passive and it would teleport to you when stuck. Worked last time I checked.
    Armory - R.IO - If you give a Bear a Bratwurst, He´s gonna want some brains!

I like to say Blizzard should force map developers to run their creations as a BM hunter.

I dismiss my pet before going to the ship. Sucks, but they won’t fix the problem. [emoji22]

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kulspruta View Post
    Was reading somewhere to run Pet as passive and it would teleport to you when stuck. Worked last time I checked.
    Very iffy.

Sometimes works, sometimes not. Works more often out of combat, rarely works in combat.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Does the pathing issue interfere with flying pets and warpstalkers?

The pet AI has always preferred to take the scenic route at the worst times. Lone Wolf is a lazy way out, but it at least grudgingly acknowledges there's a problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by Applox View Post
    Is there any way to work around the fact that our pets bug out on the ship in SoB? Doesnt seem like a fix is coming anytime soon anyway.
    Respawning it and respawning it works. The 2-3 seconds of DPS loss sucks, but, eh.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TOM_RUS View Post
    Simple fix: pets should just teleport to target if there's pathing issues.
    But then pets could teleport to stuff that is intentionally unable to be attacked due to no path.

You'd need to have LoS on the thing at a minimum.

I'd say go with teleporting the pet to the pet's owner if there is a pathing issue. Less room for bugs/exploits/issues.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darrkh View Post
    If you have your pet on passive when you enter the last "phase" on the boat, and then walk up to the tentacle in the back of the ship and engage that tentacle first, your pet will then move normally. Weird way to avoid the issue, but it works everytime
    Having pet on passive is a must for that fight anyway, as your pet will swim off into the water, attack the boss and die otherwise when transitioning.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    The pet AI has always preferred to take the scenic route at the worst times. Lone Wolf is a lazy way out, but it at least grudgingly acknowledges there's a problem.
    Lone Wolf isn't because of pet pathing problems.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    Lone Wolf isn't because of pet pathing problems.
    Sure it's not. Blizz would never come up with a lazy solution.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/