Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Those calling for Zen Flight being set to mount speed are missing the point. It is called Zen Flight for a reason. Where are you going? When will you arrive? Why are you going there? All these things do not matter. Working as intended.

On topic though, HELL yeah. Now that you mention it, having windwalkers be this susceptible to falling damage is a travesty!
    For a good ingame example, look at the cinematic fight between Taran Zhu and Garrosh. He bounced off that water surface like a fracking bouncy ball. We should have a way to mitigate falling damage because anything else feels clumsy, something no Windwalker should be associated with.
    Last edited by Lodravel; 2019-02-11 at 10:18 AM.

I'd love if zen flight stayed what it is in flying-enabled zones, and turned into slowfall in the rest.
    If they can make druid travel form zone/environment enabled, they could do it with zen flight as well :/

Also, when you say it - some form of waterwalking would certainly be cool and fit with the kungfu/wushu/chineese movies aesthetic. We used to be able to roll on water with a glyph :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

What we really need is for roll to make you immune to fall damage if you use it right before hitting the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Weriik View Post
    What we really need is for roll to make you immune to fall damage if you use it right before hitting the ground.
    ^^^^ This!!!

Also, BRING BACK MY RJW BLIZZARD!

This would be awesome. I keep forgetting to purchase goblin gliders on my monk...

why doesnt Zen flight work in zones exept kalimdor/easterkingdoms? its really weird

Just use Zen Flight in one of the many flight-enabled areas

Quote Originally Posted by DemoBytom View Post
    I'd love if zen flight stayed what it is in flying-enabled zones, and turned into slowfall in the rest.
    If they can make druid travel form zone/environment enabled, they could do it with zen flight as well :/

Also, when you say it - some form of waterwalking would certainly be cool and fit with the kungfu/wushu/chineese movies aesthetic. We used to be able to roll on water with a glyph :/
    Honestly I still can't believe that they haven't nerfed travel form by now. The instant ground mount/flying mount thing + carry a passenger + harvest herbs + fast swimming/unlimited breathing is just way too OP for open world content. They should really make it a 1.5sec cast (like all mounts do) and even with that it's still a strong spell. The instant 40% travel form can still be there though, which is fine (as a compromise they could buff the speed of that to 50% or 60%).

Keyboard Turner
    5+ Year Old Account
    I would love for some type of change to the ability. I very seldom use it since it has very little use to me.

I certainly can't imagine playing a monk without having this pandaren racial, that's for sure.

Something that would thematically fit is making it so if you cast roll just as you're landing you negate all fall damage.

Don't take away my Jindujun.

The cloud is godlike. Things that make Zen Flight special:
    - Instant cast
    - you can use a mount while on the cloud
    - you can open chests while flying on the cloud (no need to touch the ground)
    - you can use quest items on the cloud (kirin tor in legion)
    - you have that special dragon ball feeling

In BfA I have a lot gliders with me, if you have a WoD garrison the gliders are free.
    Last edited by Arikus; 2019-04-28 at 07:19 AM.

I actually noticed a few more uses for the cloud:

-you can hearth from the cloud
    -you can FISH from the cloud!!

All those noobs down there getting legion fishing poles for the reduced aggro radius and water walking, while I'm up here!

I do think they could change it so it's castable without flying unlocked, but can't fly. Can still do all the actions from it, and it can float over water, and slowfalls when you go off cliffs. That'd keep it relevant even before pathfinding is unlocked.

Keeping in mind its main drawbacks still remain that being attacked instantly removes it and it only moves at around regular running speed.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2019-09-14 at 08:22 PM.

actually they should just increase it's flightspeed to normal flight mounts, similar to druid

Having it work like Glide would be ideal, so it's less hassle to balance around (can be given to friendly targets, more cases where groups have fall damage protection). It's also more natural to use, as a modified additional jump. The slowfall route may be fun as utility to help a group if you're a healer, but I doubt Windwalkers at least would like using it like that. So, maybe it could work differently for healers as a slowfall cast and Windwalkers as a Glide.

10+ Year Old Account
    No.

There already exists glide, slowfall, levitate, let monks keep something unique for once
    im cool pls respodn

just saw this and that'd be super cool. makes me think of goku randomly falling, and calling upon nimbus to save him

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Honestly I still can't believe that they haven't nerfed travel form by now. The instant ground mount/flying mount thing + carry a passenger + harvest herbs + fast swimming/unlimited breathing is just way too OP for open world content. They should really make it a 1.5sec cast (like all mounts do) and even with that it's still a strong spell. The instant 40% travel form can still be there though, which is fine (as a compromise they could buff the speed of that to 50% or 60%).
    Because Skygolem exists and if you haven't gotten one for 20-40k gold by now, you have only yourself to blame. What kind of pointless whine is it to cry about open world perks?

By the same category my shaman should be crying all day because my rogue can trivially do quests that he can't without pulling the entire zone and can do warmode easily because cloak of shadows+ vanish+blind+smoke bomb means I am ungankable compared to my shaman, which is far more important than druid travel form when you are alliance as there are usually 5-10 horde per single alliance player in every damn warmode shard.

Back on topic, zen flight should work like travel form, epic mount speed out of combat, only usable outside combat. Normal max ground mount speed on non-flying zones. It's a big class fantasy spell, what's the harm? I love my Ban-Lu, but some variety never hurts.
    Last edited by Lucrece; 2020-09-15 at 02:40 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arikus View Post
    Don't take away my Jindujun.

The cloud is godlike. Things that make Zen Flight special:
    - Instant cast
    - you can use a mount while on the cloud
    - you can open chests while flying on the cloud (no need to touch the ground)
    - you can use quest items on the cloud (kirin tor in legion)
    - you have that special dragon ball feeling

In BfA I have a lot gliders with me, if you have a WoD garrison the gliders are free.
    - You can fish while zen flying.
    - You can use hearthstone.

I actually like Zen Flight just the way it is. It's a cool little niche gimmick for monks and I think that is all it is meant to be. Mages can make food and portals and slow fall. Priests can levitate. Demon hunters can double jump. DKs have Death Grip. Shamans have Water walking. Each class has their own cool little thing about them and I like that!
    Last edited by monkfailz; 2020-09-15 at 07:50 AM.

It would be nice if they gave it a short duration of like 5 seconds or so and a cooldown of 30ish seconds whenever you use it in a flight-restricted zone, so that it's not completely useless in early expansions during leveling. I'd love for it to be a utility skill that we could use to "climb" small hills instead of having to go the long way around them.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Oh please...
    Either make a druid like everyone who is farming or remove EVERYTHING that has any flavour. Like mageportals mh?
    Complete nonproblem