Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Blizzard is incapable of nuanced storytelling, which is why we have this mess to begin with.
    Which is why there are so many people disappointed with the very idea of faction war - there's no other option than it turning into a shitstorm. Even if it reaches a conclusion, there will be one faction losing more than the other as there are very limited possibilities for the consequences without threatening the concept of two factions and thus most of it must be forgotten. If it went by IRL examples and tho Horde was to pay reparations after SoO, the faction would implode due to lack of resources (just like the massive inflation in Germany post-WWI) and the whole concept of two factions would then follow.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    The alliance navy is also destroyed, they lose a racial leader too in gelbin and overall lose an entire army that they sacrifice to get this attack in.
    Wait, I’ve only seen one of the giant Kul’Tiras ships in the cinematic.
    Aso Gelbin survives.

The bad guys always win in the beginning. As Blizzard shifted the Alliance and Horde form shades of gray to Good and Evil, this was always the inevitable outcome.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwento View Post
    Wait, I’ve only seen one of the giant Kul’Tiras ships in the cinematic.
    Aso Gelbin survives.
    Gelbin "survives"
    and nah on the retreat the alliance loses its naval fleet.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Gelbin "survives"
    Alliance fleet or Kul’Tiras fleet. Because Alliance fleet is just like the Horde fleet - An expendable infinite armada of ships that magically appear from nowhere when the plot demands it.

Gelbin "survives"
    They don't lose anything noteworthy. Jaina covers the retreating fleet safe. Stop downplaying this victory.

Gelbin "survives"
    But it doesn't. They basically lose a very small part of the Fleet since Jaina uses that small part in order to make the Horde chase her in open waters and help the rest of the Fleet escape and in the end it's shown that she is simply too powerful for the Horde raid as I suppose she does something in the end to escape.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    Ahem,... the Alliance loses TELDRASSIL including it's almost TEN THOUSAND citizens, Sira Moonwarden, Delaryn Summermoon, you get to demolish Astranaar, murder it's citizens, too, destroy Lordanil.

What? That doesn't make you happy? Aw,... I am so sorry for you.
    Who cares about Teldrasil? It's nothing. Just some random tree. There are many trees in Azeroth. It's not even old tree. And forest elves, nobody cares about them, not even gnomes, their queen is a meme and her pet druid is a meme about meme. It's not a worthy replacement. Kill Anduin and use his body along with few more to build an abomination, genocide doggy men, now that would be a good twist.

The alliance navy is also destroyed, they lose a racial leader too in gelbin and overall lose an entire army that they sacrifice to get this attack in.
    To be fair though, Gelbin survives, but is incapacitated. Once Mechagon comes around he'll likely make a return.

Quote Originally Posted by Overlordd View Post
    The scepter of the tides returned to Kul Tiras
    Jaina's brother is given back to her
    Zandalari Navy half destroyed

And what did the Alliance gain out of their war campaign?
    They succesfully defeated the San'layn
    They killed some blood trolls
    They succesfully destroyed the troll navy

And the Horde loses Rastakhan while the Alliance loses... no one.
    As a Horde you literally are an NPC in this storyline if you don't support Glugfang and the Alliance over Sylvanas.

How isn't the story bias? Yeah Horde can choose 2 shitty options instead of getting the baseline shitty one. Woo hoo.
    It makes no sense.. The alliance have nothing. I mean, the only race amongst that has any pull are the Humans, all the others are decimated fragments of their former selves, destroyed by wars and catastrophes, we finished off the last of the kaldorei, the draenei are thoroughly depleted, the lightforged are miniscule in numbers, the void elves are no where near mastery their powers to be of any genuine threat or shouldn't be, AND their numbers are far too small. Gnomes are decimated, Goblins must out number them 10 to 1 - and the dwarves, the dwarves are off digging up titan ruins.. worgen a little more than refugees.

How are the alliance pulling anything off, it is soo silly and unrealistic. Nearly every horde race by itself should be able to take on the alliance and crush it, how are we losing?

HOW ?!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    We...we get cool mounts...that counts?
    Mounts that the Alliance can get too. Look at how many "Horde mounts" are in the game that are available to the Alliance to get compared to how many "Alliance mounts" are in the game that the Horde can get. Hell Alliance can own a freakin Horde war machine if they pre-order some shit game if I remember correctly. A HORDE WAR MACHINE!

Quote Originally Posted by Darth-Piekus View Post
    But it doesn't. They basically lose a very small part of the Fleet since Jaina uses that small part in order to make the Horde chase her in open waters and help the rest of the Fleet escape and in the end it's shown that she is simply too powerful for the Horde raid as I suppose she does something in the end to escape.
    Golden favoritism protects her from dying. She is the first raid boss teleporting away without being defeated.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    Hell Alliance can own a freakin Horde war machine if they pre-order some shit game if I remember correctly. A HORDE WAR MACHINE!
    /facepalm
    The meat wagon is SCOURGE war machine and while I know that the current Horde is really close to Scourge 2.0, it's not a horde war machine.

Quote Originally Posted by Grazrug View Post
    Golden favoritism protects her from dying. She is the first raid boss teleporting away without being defeated.
    Technically Kaelthas is the first raid boss to survive the raid he was in. I'm ASSUMING they didn't have a leave animation due to technical limitations at the time, but he clearly and obviously survives as you get zone wide ridiculed the second you turn in his vardant sphere for a quest. Plus you kill him in Magisters terrace. Even if you don't count that for whatever reason, Kiljaeden also survives sunwell plateau as his summoning fails due to copious amounts of help from anveena (sp?) and Velen.
    Last edited by Doomchicken; 2019-01-23 at 08:42 AM.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    Technically Kaelthas is the first raid boss to survive the raid he was in. I'm ASSUMING they didn't have a leave animation due to technical limitations at the time, but he clearly and obviously survives as you get zone wide ridiculed the second you turn in his vardant sphere for a quest. Plus you kill him in Magisters terrace.
    Kael'thas was beaten to a bloody pulp and left on the floor, the reason he survives is because he got a fel crystal shoved in his chest, after the raid left.

Kael'thas was beaten to a bloody pulp and left on the floor, the reason he survives is because he got a fel crystal shoved in his chest, after the raid left.
    Is that in Chronicles?

yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!

Is that in Chronicles?
    It is in chronicles and the dungeon journal for magisters terrace

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Priestess_Delrissa

Delrissa is a shivarra priestess acting under the demon lord Kil'jaeden. It is Delrissa who revived Kael'thas Sunstrider after he was heavily wounded in an attack on Tempest Keep, and she has stayed in the blood elf lord's presence ever since. The priestess has a militant circle of loyal acolytes who serve her and will defend her at all cost.

It is in chronicles and the dungeon journal for magisters terrace

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Priestess_Delrissa

Delrissa is a shivarra priestess acting under the demon lord Kil'jaeden. It is Delrissa who revived Kael'thas Sunstrider after he was heavily wounded in an attack on Tempest Keep, and she has stayed in the blood elf lord's presence ever since. The priestess has a militant circle of loyal acolytes who serve her and will defend her at all cost.
    Well, either way, he didn't die straight away. Same with Sunwell Kiljaeden. Defeated, but not killed (until legion obvs).

Is that in Chronicles?
    Yes.its a Shame and wasted potential.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Overlordd View Post
    The scepter of the tides returned to Kul Tiras
    Jaina's brother is given back to her
    Zandalari Navy half destroyed

And what did the Alliance gain out of their war campaign?
    They succesfully defeated the San'layn
    They killed some blood trolls
    They succesfully destroyed the troll navy

And the Horde loses Rastakhan while the Alliance loses... no one.
    As a Horde you literally are an NPC in this storyline if you don't support Glugfang and the Alliance over Sylvanas.

How isn't the story bias? Yeah Horde can choose 2 shitty options instead of getting the baseline shitty one. Woo hoo.
    What about the Horde's cooperation with the pirates?

As for the Blood Trolls, well, Horde killed them too. Everyone does.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..