Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

[Spoiler]: Nzoth quote

"Six seats at the high table. Six mouths that hunger. One will consume all the others"
    "The light has struck a bargain with the enemy of all"

Six seats at the high table

Could these be the six powers shown at the front over every chronicle?
    Holy
    Fel
    Nature
    Arcane
    Shadow (Void)
    Necromantic (Death)

Six mouths that hunger

Does hunger here mean the control of everything? If yes then:

Fel, personified by the burning legion has already conducted a conquest for everything
    Light, As per Xera and the view of the void from Locus Walker does implement forcibly or not its own vision
    Arcane, in a way the titans can be views as a powerful force who affect the universe in such a way, given how they are planets themselves.
    Void, well we already know what they want, hoping to consume a slumbering titan to take over everything.
    Nature, I guess we the players and such are on the side of life. Which in many other cases has been taken as a viral expansion (The Matrix and all), could be viewed as that.
    Death, If life expands then along with it goes death as its natural counterpart

One will consume all the others

I guess Nzoth is hinting that over all the others one might rein supreme. Or simply that, since one must win for the conflict to end, and that cant happen, thus conflict will never end.

The light has struck a bargain with the enemy of all
    it has been SPECULATED (besides that one reference in the comics, we have nothing to confirm this), that death, specifically necromancy is what the void fears. Necromancy being key in the sense that something can die sure. Except necromancy brings that back to life in a way that is not living. Undeath.

So while this quote could aim at the forsaken. I do think it is specifically aiming for Calia Menthil and her ressurection. Blizzard went to some lengths to reintroduce her in legion, then in before the storm. They wouldnt just go through all of that to leave it there. Especially given her Resurrection is from a formation of narru intervention (just as titans represent arcane, naaru represent light). Not to mention that naaru and void are opposites of each other. Given xalataths views that naaru are simply misguided siblings, it would piss the void off massively if the light bargains with the thing the void hates most [again speculation].

What do you guys think?
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

I think people over analyze quotes of old gods. What is this? Middle schoolers trying to find the significance of the ducks in catcher in the rye? Your thinking too hard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    I think people over analyze quotes of old gods. What is this? Middle schoolers trying to find the significance of the ducks in catcher in the rye? Your thinking too hard.
    far better than the usual
    "your faction is evul"
    "guys is anduinz stronger than sylvanaz"
    "horde are nazis"

its like choosing the lesser of two evils.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    far better than the usual
    "your faction is evul"
    "guys is anduinz stronger than sylvanaz"
    "horde are nazis"

its like choosing the lesser of two evils.
    Yeh I guess I'm just tired of seeing "old God quote/dread lord quote" threads after Argus and emerald nightmare. Your thread was pretty interesting theory though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Yeh I guess I'm just tired of seeing "old God quote/dread lord quote" threads after Argus and emerald nightmare. Your thread was pretty interesting theory though.
    i felt the same bro. then this expac happened and everywhere i look threads are filled with alliance biased posters calling horde players nazis or horde biased posters typing up a thousand posts but complaining that the alliance whine. hoping for a change of scenery lol.

Or....
    Six seats: C'Thun, Yogg-Saron, Y'Shaarj, N'Zoth, Xal'atath, ????

Six mouths that hunger: Hungering Six Old Gods

One will consume all the others: Only one would remain to consume the other Old Gods and Azeroth.

Some time ago I made a post about a book you find in suramar with a fel nightfallen and said book mention "fel lords" that not even the legion dares to summom which brings the question are those fel gods? Clearly blizzard is setting the ground for a divinity war like the greek pantheon vs titans in warcraft version

To me it sounds more like 6 members of the Pantheon, since it seems fitting for six to sit at the high table. Light could have made a deal with Sargeras, the “enemy of all”.

Quote Originally Posted by Bladescourn View Post
    To me it sounds more like 6 members of the Pantheon, since it seems fitting for six to sit at the high table. Light could have made a deal with Sargeras, the “enemy of all”.
    But the pantheon isn't evil or ambicious to devour the others and I always wondered why Sargeras never did a deal with the light since they have both the same purpose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    Some time ago I made a post about a book you find in suramar with a fel nightfallen and said book mention "fel lords" that not even the legion dares to summom which brings the question are those fel gods? Clearly blizzard is setting the ground for a divinity war like the greek pantheon vs titans in warcraft version
    Fel Lords are those upgraded Felguards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    You know, it really feels that blizzard just writes gibberish when it comes to old gods to mask the fact that they are really uninspired.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    You know, it really feels that blizzard just writes gibberish when it comes to old gods to mask the fact that they are really uninspired.
    They are trying as hard as possible to foreshadow Mudmug as the unknown Old God.

Quote Originally Posted by olddog View Post
    Or....
    Six seats: C'Thun, Yogg-Saron, Y'Shaarj, N'Zoth, Xal'atath, ????

Six mouths that hunger: Hungering Six Old Gods

One will consume all the others: Only one would remain to consume the other Old Gods and Azeroth.
    yeah, given xal'atath's history we know that the old gods can consume each other.
    >xal'atath is now free to consume the living-corpses of C'thun, Yogg'saron, Y'Shaarj, and Ghuun.
    and i guess N'zoth will be served fresh.

that makes 6, and she's worked with a Naaru though the Spreist hero in legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coo View Post
    They are trying as hard as possible to foreshadow Mudmug as the unknown Old God.
    "From the mud of this world, new beggining will be brewed"

Man writing like that is super easy.

10+ Year Old Account
    "From the mud of this world, new beggining will be brewed"

Man writing like that is super easy.
    That's too obvious!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coo View Post
    That's too obvious!
    "Under the masters table he sleeps. Three brews were served to him"

What are you talking about, N'zoth is one of the most complex and developed Warcraft villains and pretty much the only one who can save Mists of Pandaria 2.0.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alleria Windrunner View Post
    What are you talking about, N'zoth is one of the most complex and developed Warcraft villains and pretty much the only one who can save Mists of Pandaria 2.0.
    Yeah, i love him complex personality and well fleshed motivation.

Quote Originally Posted by Alleria Windrunner View Post
    i WISH BFA was as good as mists after the TotTK came out.

Yeah, i love him complex personality and well fleshed motivation.
    He is a unique villain because, despite being the weakest of the Old Gods, he managed to outlive them all through his cunning and patience. That's why I admire him. Even in Cataclysm, he almost succeeded in bringing about the Hour of Twilight, and he didn't even directly participate in the war, he was just using his puppets Deathwing to break the mortal realms, and Azshara to dominate the seas.

N'zoth, unlike Illidan in The Burning Crusade, is a shadowy villain done right. He has never interacted with the player character, but no one can deny the impact that he has had in World of Warcraft.

Clearly Blizzard cannot write compelling morally grey villains like Sylvanas, so I am not bothered by the fact that N'zoth's motivations are generic.

i WISH BFA was as good as mists after the TotTK came out.
    BfA is trash because Sylvanas is a garbage villain, but I genuinely believe that N'zoth, and by extension Azshara, can redeem this expansion.