Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jshadowhunter View Post
    Sell more to whom? The audience they insulted? Not very likely.
    That was the Last Jedi move if I've ever seen one.
    As Nike and many other brands have proven those people are not the audience they are there to spread the word with their outrage. It's 2019 outrage marketing works most of the country doesn't care enough to get outraged but they will hear about it enough to remember to buy Gillette at the grocery store next time they shop.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Surreality View Post
    Personally I still just call them whores. Because that's what they are and I guess I'm just too old to add yet another name, especially one that isn't an actual word, to something that already has too many to begin with.
    I personally use harlet it’s got a better ring to it. But rarly have a use for it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    You know what. I prefer to be a bad person, but love myself. I would hate it if others would love me because I would be "good", but I'd hate my life. Being too good makes me miserable. Family excluded, cause they cared for me while young, and I always want to pay back the same way, with my own care.

But for random unknown people on the web? Meh.
    I don’t think any one is saying to good for random people on the web because well, screw random people on the web.

Obviously the commerical was designed to offend ordinary guys out there for publicity, I don't think anyone in their right mind actually believes this is going to change the minds of guy's out there that sexually harass women or treat them awfully.

Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    And just like being "woke" means nothing to the majority of the world, "going broke" does *not* mean literally go out of business, more-so see a sales decline because you tried doing something PC but the majority of the world don't give a fuck about being PC and *definitely* doesn't want it shoved down their throat.
    Sorry, I was rolling with the "go broke" aspect. The thing is though...Nike didn't suffer any losses at all.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    And just like being "woke" means nothing to the majority of the world, "going broke" does *not* mean literally go out of business, more-so see a sales decline because you tried doing something PC but the majority of the world don't give a fuck about being PC and *definitely* doesn't want it shoved down their throat.
    Except for that little detail where they did NOT experience a sales decline. Their sales actually went UP considerably.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

It's weird seeing people say "IF YOU AREN'T A PUSSY YOU SHOULDN'T GET OFFENDED WHEN A COMPANY MAKES AN AD SAYING MEN, STOP BEING RAPISTS!" while also thinking it's ok to have a mental breakdown and create new laws if someone accidentally calls you a "he" when you're a man in a wig saying you're female.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

Seeing so many creative interpretations of Gilette's ad is the kind of breath of fresh air you could only get in east China.

To be honest, I had only heard of this thing very briefly mentioned on NPR a week ago, and until this I've never heard it mentioned by anyone again. A quick look around the internet confirmed: as usual, it's basically only the right wing getting themselves worked up into a frenzy. And a specific part of the right wing at that.

Yikes.

Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    It's weird seeing people say "IF YOU AREN'T A PUSSY YOU SHOULDN'T GET OFFENDED WHEN A COMPANY MAKES AN AD SAYING MEN, STOP BEING RAPISTS!" while also thinking it's ok to have a mental breakdown and create new laws if someone accidentally calls you a "he" when you're a man in a wig saying you're female.
    Yes, Post. Being trans and being a rapist are TOTALLY similar.
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    as usual, it's basically only the right wing getting themselves worked up into a frenzy. And a specific part of the right wing at that.
    Specifically, the part that is most likely to refer to others as 'snowflakes'

Projection much?
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

If we should reach for equality, maybe it is time for a big brand that mainly sells woman products to tell that woman behaviour such as showing women shop for hours while totally ignoring the fact that they told their men that they would be back in 5 minutes while he sits there calmfully waiting in patience for his woman to finish shoping, is toxic?

Also throw in emotional bullying that will negatively affect the people the rest of their lives, talking behind others back, letting emotions decide rather than policies and defending people who did a bad thing just because they are friends with the woman.

I am not saying that every woman is like this, I am just trying to figure out the * point of this commercial.

It would have worked if it told men to stop going after women after the women says "no" and stay with children and be a good fatherly figure instead of leaving them, a lot of men do that.

But bullying? Really? Boys will be boys? Is BBQ a bad thing too? Should we all be held accountable for what dumb men do?

I am not even angry, im just laughing. How a feminist ruined a brand in one day. I dont even shave, I cut my beard with a razor time to time, maybe it is time for other men to let their beard grow.
    Last edited by Guldraenor; 2019-01-23 at 06:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    As Nike and many other brands have proven those people are not the audience they are there to spread the word with their outrage. It's 2019 outrage marketing works most of the country doesn't care enough to get outraged but they will hear about it enough to remember to buy Gillette at the grocery store next time they shop.
    Well they also lost valued long time customers as result, so how's that working for them?

10+ Year Old Account
    The basic sjw tactics. Gather twitter armies to harass people and stir "massive" outrage about x,y,z and when its something 200% their side of propaganda its always. "Why you mad brah? Snowflake much? Why so sensitive ?"

Quote Originally Posted by Jshadowhunter View Post
    Well they also lost valued long time customers as result, so how's that working for them?
    Nike had record earnings

Nike crushes earnings expectations, helped by strong online sales, shares surge

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    It's all been great for a laugh. Somehow though, my life hasn't changed one bit out of all of this, nor has it for anyone else that I know. The world just keeps on spinning no matter what we do, say, think, or believe. Bubbles burst. Trends die. Nature continues to move forward despite our efforts to deny that we are part of it.

7+ Year Old Account
    The add is mainly about standing up to bad behaviour when you see it and being a good role model at no point does it imply that it’s about men being rapist unless your gonna count the small part where it quickly goes past the metoo movement.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Did people finally get over that coke commercial where people sang "America the Beautiful" in multiple languages and needed something new to bitch about?
    Fella, nothing actually offends anyone longer than a few days. Always something new to be a part of in outrage. It's why the only news I seem to inadvertently get comes from Hubcap. If not for that stalwart hero I wouldn't even know that CNN was still around.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    The basic sjw tactics. Gather twitter armies to harass people and stir "massive" outrage about x,y,z and when its something 200% their side of propaganda its always. "Why you mad brah? Snowflake much? Why so sensitive ?"

You can see the same thing on either side of the social justice scale in equal measures both sides use the same tactics just with different views.

Conservatives triggered, mission accomplished?

There's nothing to be offended about, unless you think the commercial is applicable to you.
    Last edited by Hilhen7; 2019-01-23 at 06:38 PM.