Wow Macro - not equals operator for conditional?

I have googled and searched and am thinking that there is not an operator for: not equals. For instance, [target=mouseover], I believe means your current selected target is the same as your mouseover (at least some blogs indicate this). I would like as part of my conditional [target!=mouseover]. Is this possible?

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by javajd17 View Post
    I have googled and searched and am thinking that there is not an operator for: not equals. For instance, [target=mouseover], I believe means your current selected target is the same as your mouseover (at least some blogs indicate this). I would like as part of my conditional [target!=mouseover]. Is this possible?

Thank you!
    I don't think that's possible (maybe it's possible with LUA tho)... but why would you want to do that? You'd just either cast the spell on yourself or on your clicked target, which you can do with other macro options (@player,@target, @ focus)

Thank you for answering Lightbringer! I was trying to do something like:
    #showtooltip
    /stopmacro [channeling:Soothing Mist, target=mouseover]
    /stopchanneling [channeling:Soothing Mist, target!=mouseover]
    /cast [mouseover,nodead,help]Soothing Mist:Soothing Mist;
    /target [mouseover] mouseover

(Note: the 'at' symbol is missing because it prevents me from replying until I am a more established by posting a few more times)

My intent is:
    if channeling AND my selected target is the same as my mouseover, don't do anything else
    if channeling AND target != mousever, then stop channeling and cast Soothing Mist as the mouseover, then target the mouseover

Uncertain if this is possible but answering your question as to: "...but why would you want to do that?"

Again, ty for taking time to answer!

Sorry not really understanding why you are needing all that code.
    #showtooltip soothing mist
    /cast [target=mouseover, nodead, help, exists] soothing mist; soothing mist
    /target mouseover

Does close to what you are asking for, soothing mist recasts on the new mouseover whether you stop the cast or not. Yes it will recast on the target even if you are already channeling but I dont think you can do anything else without adding in lua code. Since its only doing the 1 thing and not trying to weave in multiple abilities to 1 macro it should be fairly doable to not recast it whilst channeling. This way it also allows you to spam it if a mechanic asks for it. For instance if a druid is running the innervate trait the fastest way to stack their damage buff is by spamming soothing mist.
    Last edited by mjolnrik; 2019-01-22 at 05:47 PM.

Thank you very much for your response Mechagnome! I appreciate your time. Are you aware if there is a "not equals" operator in the Wow Macro API? I have searched and could not find such. I couldn't tell if the part of your response, "...do anything else without adding in lua code", was your answer regarding the Post Title.

The "="-sign is usually an assignment operator when it comes to programming. A mathematical "Equal to" operator is usually denoted "==".
    So [target=mouseover] means that the variable "target" is assigned the same value as "mouseover". It is not a evaluation if the variables are the same.
    For more information on how to make macros I would read this: https://wowwiki.fandom.com/wiki/Making_a_macro

Ty Dahri for your response!

I had checked that site out previously before posting and did not see anything that indicated a != or == for Wow macros. I am going to conclude at this point that such a conditional operator does not exist within just the Wow Macro API.

For everyone that responded or thought about responding thank you for your time and effort on my behalf!