Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Horde Fury Warrior hype 2 years ago

2 years ago just before Legion launched, I saw the new Fury Warrior models and animations and I was motivated by the new spell visibility. I could see it swinging with red spell effects. Plus the whole rework to the animations, spells, and artifact talents. I was watching all the videos on Fury advice I could find. And when Legion launched I knew exactly how to get my artifact Fury Weapons as fast as possible. I was so pumped at the whole class feel. I spent all my wow time invested in powering up my Fury Warrior weapons.

Fast forward 2 years, now Im a ilvl 370 Fury Warrior in BFA and its 2 days until the next raid tier is released. I've been tanking raids and mythics like a good Warrior. But in between the social aspects I am spening 3/4 of my time alone as a Fury Warrior. And Its extremely boring. I've got nothing to work toward.

And to cap it all, I've got the most linear boring fighting rotation I've ever experienced, and I've been playing wow since BC.

Charge, bloodthirst, raging blow, raging blow, rampage. Charge, bloodthirst, raging blow, raging blow, rampage. Over and over thousands of times.

And I mean thousands of time. Spamming 2 dps buttons to build up to a bigger dps button. Over and over and over and over, 3 buttons. The same 3 buttons. Thousands of times. I save my long cds for world pvp or elite mobs.

So what happened that my Glorious Fury Warrior went from a massive artifact tree with progression choices and now im spamming the same 3 buttons for 20 hours a day? I dont want to reroll my main and invest another month into another class. So I simply just don't play anymore.

i love how you saying that in legion you loved all the spell effects and then complain about BFA rotation, even though your rotation in legion was pretty much exactly the same besides having Odyn's Fury every 45 seconds

i doubt that just having Odyn's Fury made class amazing and when they removed it it became the most boring shit

Quote Originally Posted by CarloSmitHolm View Post
    2 years ago just before Legion launched, I saw the new Fury Warrior models and animations and I was motivated by the new spell visibility. I could see it swinging with red spell effects. Plus the whole rework to the animations, spells, and artifact talents. I was watching all the videos on Fury advice I could find. And when Legion launched I knew exactly how to get my artifact Fury Weapons as fast as possible. I was so pumped at the whole class feel. I spent all my wow time invested in powering up my Fury Warrior weapons.

Fast forward 2 years, now Im a ilvl 370 Fury Warrior in BFA and its 2 days until the next raid tier is released. I've been tanking raids and mythics like a good Warrior. But in between the social aspects I am spening 3/4 of my time alone as a Fury Warrior. And Its extremely boring. I've got nothing to work toward.

And to cap it all, I've got the most linear boring fighting rotation I've ever experienced, and I've been playing wow since BC.

Charge, bloodthirst, raging blow, raging blow, rampage. Charge, bloodthirst, raging blow, raging blow, rampage. Over and over thousands of times.

And I mean thousands of time. Spamming 2 dps buttons to build up to a bigger dps button. Over and over and over and over, 3 buttons. The same 3 buttons. Thousands of times. I save my long cds for world pvp or elite mobs.

So what happened that my Glorious Fury Warrior went from a massive artifact tree with progression choices and now im spamming the same 3 buttons for 20 hours a day? I dont want to reroll my main and invest another month into another class. So I simply just don't play anymore.
    IIRC in Legion you had the same but you paired it up with Artifact Ability.
    S.H.

7+ Year Old Account
    Legion Fury < BFA Fury

Honestly Fury is probably one of the better specs to play, in terms of pace and fluidity. It made me roll to it as someone who can't stand classes that are slow/low APM - 1s GCD is a must for me.

The APL isn't difficult you're right, but it plays well. Legion wasn't exactly much different in terms of playstyle other than being slower back then - the Artifact ability did make it feel powerful. I wish they'd put that in place of Dragon Tickle Roar.

Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    i love how you saying that in legion you loved all the spell effects and then complain about BFA rotation, even though your rotation in legion was pretty much exactly the same besides having Odyn's Fury every 45 seconds

i doubt that just having Odyn's Fury made class amazing and when they removed it it became the most boring shit
    dont forget the almighty Draugh of Souls.

I wasn't hyped about fury warrior in Legion, because I was so disappointed that the lore was set in vrykul lore, and our artifact was a unknown pair of ugly ass swords.
    Fury my ass...
    Mother pus bucket!

Well, one problem is in this post alone you made several errors in your description of the priority play, so you're either being pointlessly hyperbolic/exaggerating or you have no idea what the fuck you're talking about.

Play arms, then you will see boring playstyle and effects. Sometimes it looks like character is frozen but it is not, just not enough rage...

I rerolled Fury just yesterday,after months of arms playing. Its just better and it holds dps meter much better while in arms after initial burst, dps drops to the floor.

Poslano sa mog SM-A510F koristeći Tapatalk

Fury and Arms are just a shadow of what they used to be. As a former warror main, it just hurts to see how the butchered the specs, all started in WoD.
    Fury in BfA got a bit back on track, it's much more smooth, but it feels like hitting with a wet noodle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidywoidy View Post
    Legion Fury < BFA Fury
    MoP Fury > Anything else. ^^

I played prot on my alt warr who is now sitting on 380. swapped to fury cause prot warr is SOOO boring. Fury is a LOT of fun imo and theres almost always something to press - if I hit a 2 sec where the main abilities are on cd - whirlwind and back at it straight after.
    out of all the classes in WoW Fury is one of the best and most fluid specs - bar none. theres a lot to be annoyed with or even angr at with BFA - but fury warrior is not really one of them.

and as to hitting with a wet noodle, you need some gear then. I am pulling consistent 13-14k dps overall in m+ runes as 380 fury warr which is fine and on par with other classes (except maybe DH and rogues).

All specs feel 'shallow' and limited as to their talent options, it's not a specific issue with fury, i get that feeling you are describing with all my chars.

That said i'd rank fury as one of the more successful cases in terms of gameplay, it may need some help with its talent choices both in PVE and PVP in order to become more attractive choice for high-end play but that shouldn't affect the playstyle.

Quote Originally Posted by Deciticus View Post
    Well, one problem is in this post alone you made several errors in your description of the priority play, so you're either being pointlessly hyperbolic/exaggerating or you have no idea what the fuck you're talking about.
    Wow, someone got triggered there

10+ Year Old Account
    `fury is dull as dish water, it's so slow, gcd and activation/rage dump/build/spend/starve is frustrating, legion was far more fluid.

Quote Originally Posted by Benomatic View Post
    `fury is dull as dish water, it's so slow, gcd and activation/rage dump/build/spend/starve is frustrating, legion was far more fluid.
    If you think BfA fury is slow, or you are having significant open GCDs or below 70+% enrage uptime, you are either leveling, undergeared, or doing it incorrectly.

Honestly BfA fury is the most fluid the spec has been in the last 8 years. The relatively low number of charges on WW can get a bit tedious with sustained cleave situations, but as far as enjoyability this version is second only to fury during Siege of Orgrimar IMO.

I've played rogue main from 2007 until legion when i swaped to DH , i played warrior as an alt all my life but now before BFA i was rly thinking to make it as a main but i changed my mind last min and kept going on dh but around november i decided that fury is the one to go..
    The spec is fluid , u hit something every global animations are cool .. i rly feel like a rampaging berserking for the first time in many years in wow. Recently i hit 2400 in pvp 1st time ever with warrior and i felt alot more pleasure to the class than my dh or rogue...decent to good kit for pvp , and in pve it feels smooth , BT feels meaningfull when i press it compared with demons bite on dh ..everytime i feel like i die a bit when i have to do tjhat... If i have something to pick abouy fury atm id say just like Hoeth that the whirlwind buff can be up a bit maybe 3-4 .
    Im having a blast with my fury atm more than anything else in the game and i have all melee classes to 100-120 but nothing makes me go for them anymore atm

10+ Year Old Account
    Legion Fury < BFA Fury
    Literally any iteration of Fury from Classic-MoP>Post-MoP Fury.

Legion Fury < BFA Fury
    I mean Legion Fury and BFA Fury are just about the same thing. The only real obnoxious part in my eyes is the GCD on Recklessness.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Restors View Post
    dont forget the almighty Draugh of Souls.
    Fury didn't use Draught once it got nerfed. Only Arms. Fury used Convergence the entire expansion though.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Please pick up Sudden Death, Siegebreaker and Dragon roar and hit Recklessness more often.

I mean I get your criticism, but your view of the rotation is actually oversimplified.

Anyway, I happen to like the priority system Fury currently operates under. Sudden Death especially adds a lot of depth to it since Execute is a resource builder for Fury. Also the trait Hold Blood, Cold Steel changes not only your priority but your stat weights post 20% haste.

The depth is there for you to find, if you're not finding you're not looking and I hope you enjoy your 8k dps.