Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Playintrafic View Post
    They could do other stuff. Like uh I dunno...

Treasure Maps --> Look at FFXIV. You get a treasure map and several friends find the treasure dig it up/open chest kill tough mobs then get the loot out of the chest, sometimes a portal spawns to a vault you get to raid.
    ....so lock profession stuff behind a raid? One of the things that makes professions irrelevant

Requiring Skill/Gear to improve crafted items or even make the high end stuff in the first place. The press one button and watch a bar fill up thing is tired as fuck.
    and what on earth do we do to make it harder...Timed hits ALA Super Mario RPG...a profession rotation? I mean people bitched about Legion actually requiring you to do shit just to GET a recipe...all that would happen is either people will bitch about professions being either impossible or too hard..or an addon makes it trivial,

Putting rare crafting ingredients behind reputation grinds, rare mob drops, daily quests, etc.
    They did that before...they are doing it now...no one really liked it then and no likes it now. Remember elemental stuff for like 4 expansions and motes of harmony in Mists...then we had world quests in Legion that give rare materials to the people who actually farm them....

Crafters only currency. Earn this for turn ins Ala warfront. Instead of getting asserite you get that season's currency or special material.
    This is a maybe...but seems really annoying to try to implement

I don't think Blizzard has "failed" at professions. They are fine, in this new expansion they seem to be focused on crafting stuff for alts, some item upgrades and raid gear for raiders, although the raid gear is bop so there is that. So not much different than in previous expansions. My main problem is that Blizzard they don't seem to do them. Because I refuse to believe that the dev team thought expulsom was a great idea after crafting and scrapping hundreds of items for more than hour or that Ilwens wand wouldn't fuck over enchanting pretty hard.

nu-WoW casuals don't want to spend days grinding mats to craft a really awesome piece of gear anymore, they just want to get it randomly from farming easy content. That's why equipment-crafting professions have been reduced to near-uselessness in recent expacs.

Make crafting pieces scale, also give back proff specific enchants (Tailoring's Lightweave Embroidery for example) - production proffs fixed.
    Make gathering proffs give perks back, Skinning gives crit, Mining gives Stam, Herbalism gives a small heal and something else lol. - gathering proffs fixed.

I'm sure someone said this already but I'm just going to throw my vote in. But it would appear that Blizzard doesn't want there to be "mandatory" stuff in wow. If I remember correctly the BiS professions were BSing/JCing for most classes with Tailoring and Engineering up there as well for Synapse Springs and Cloak Enchants.

You guys know bringing back profession perks would force players to use professions they didn't want.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    nu-WoW casuals don't want to spend days grinding mats to craft a really awesome piece of gear anymore, they just want to get it randomly from farming easy content. That's why equipment-crafting professions have been reduced to near-uselessness in recent expacs.
    I don't understand this, is it too much work to have both? An item could drop or something comparable could be crafted.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Not sure what being casual has to do with it. If you can get an equally good piece of gear faster and easier then of course you will. Casual or otherwise.

i enjoy leather working so i would be happy if it was my best way to get gear outside of Mythic raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    ....so lock profession stuff behind a raid? One of the things that makes professions irrelevant
    Does Blizz still lock profession stuff behind raids?
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Professions were at their best when they actually did stuff that furthered your character and they actually gave you perks. I used to love when Herbalism had that cute little heal attached to it. Was really nice. But like everything fun and flavorful, it was removed. -_-

Professions need to go back to how they were before everything became a gear factory just throwing gear at you. People actually used them.

Zero development. Thats why.

The primary problem with professions for me are the bop mats, the bop gear, and the amount of mats needed. By the time I have the mats to make something I've gotten equal or better as a drop. And that's fine... if crafters could actually make stuff to sell, but the gear is bop. You also can't sell the bop mats to other crafters who might not be raiders or just don't have enough at the time to make something. Ultimately I don't see the point in crafted gear when you either get better as a drop long before you have the mats necessary, or you can't get the bop mats you need to make something in the first place, at least not in any reasonable amount of time.

I feel like BS is the worst proff this expansion.

Bring back the mass gear customization that Wrath had. Bring back more gem sockets. Something different for Inscription. Spell Threads. Meta Gems. More enchants. Belt Buckles. Bring back stat Weights more in line with each other so everyones not using a haste gem.

Amazing. Simply fucking amazing.

Professions used to be one of my favorite parts of the game as an altaholic. I just came back after 4 years to find that aspect of the game in complete disarray. I can't even fathom why they separated each expansion to is own individual skill up.... Too away all investment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lionhammer View Post
    Professions used to be one of my favorite parts of the game as an altaholic. I just came back after 4 years to find that aspect of the game in complete disarray. I can't even fathom why they separated each expansion to is own individual skill up.... Too away all investment.
    It will require Ion or someone at the top to change their mind and decide to make professions something interesting and relevant again. It's the way it is now so it won't be in the way of "important" things. Like raiding and M+.

The case for professions to be interesting and to have depth is mainly an economic one. As a mini-game with depth if it's done right it will keep people around longer. Especially if the items crafted are as good as other items in the game. Those "best" items don't even need to be bind on pickup. They can be for the crafter personally. I mean, if crafters are really good at what they do don't they squirrel away some of the very best stuff for themselves? Sure they do.

But the problem is more fundamental. It's not important to the top people so it's not important in the game. There needs to be more noise about this if it's ever going to change. Detailing a two-or-three person team to revamp professions entirely and make their use relevant to all of Azeroth would seem easy enough. At this point professions actually fall into that "temporary expansion" stuff that they are now wondering if it was such a good idea.

It wasn't.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2019-04-07 at 08:54 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

It was ruined for the same reasons everything else has been slowly sliding down the hill. They want to do more with less. It can work in the first round. Maybe the second. But eventually you just end up with less to do less with and you end up with next to nothing the more cycles you go.

Because they have effectively removed everything that was good about them.

- Daily cooldown removal - one thing ensured that every profession had a profit
    - Bonuses removal - It was great having these around, especially when every profession had them, including the gathering ones
    - Removal of recipes rarity - Everyone can craft the same thing (ironically they even commented on this not being ok and did it anyway)
    - Ranks - maybe works for gathering and proccing professions like alchemy but for the rest it's just pure bullshit

You know it's a garbage system when it's cheaper to buy crafted things than it is to craft them yourself.
    Warlock soloing https://www.youtube.com/user/Firedemon012 (old & abandoned)

how are jewelers this expansion I thinking about making a new one that has mining as well?

What are they making that are making you money or useful to yourself?

10+ Year Old Account
    They've been the target of the same streamlining/diet process other areas of the game have

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quakecanada View Post
    Bring back sockets, bring back enchants on everything!
    Combat bonuses removed because too difficult to balance. On paper the bonuses were equal but because of trinket/DPS cooldown/potion/buff stacking, certain bonuses were too good. Too many player complaints about lack of player choice because of min/max DPS discovery

Sockets/Enchants removed because stat inflation was too much by end of expansion. It's really a limitation of the core game system where you need X amount of secondaries to play well but excess secondary stats cause power creep to slide beyond blizzard's control. Additionally, if gems/enchants tuned down to acceptable levels, the material cost to benefit ratio would be low. (Think enchants that only give ~+10 to secondaries because you could have multiple of them)

Quote Originally Posted by Quakecanada View Post
    Bring back having to get mats from all xpacs and you have to fly all over the world to get the stuff.
    This would be a relatively new system. No xpac had profession items (that wasn't transmog related) that required mats from previous expansions. Everything is contained with the current expansion. Also I'm not entirely sure players would want this. Go back and farm XYZ from BC just to get this ultra low (less than 0.5% drop rate) chance item to make ABC.
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.