Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Sadly, professions have been terrible for a longer part of this game's life than they have been decent.

Quote Originally Posted by i9erek View Post
    Due to certain people nagging, Blizz was convinced that professions were just a waste of time and not fun. I of course completely disagree with such bullshit.
    I don't think so. Blizz realized that certain professions were a lot more powerful than others and perks were hard to balance so nobody gets perks and nobody gets a profession that could be good. A lot of the time the simplest solution for Blizz is nobody gets nice things.

Titanforging is the main factor that has ruined professions, but also simply the high loot drops have also kinda ruined it .

It also just seems that Blizzard doesn't want players to craft good items very often and thus they've sorta "timegated" these as well. From vanilla until cata or mop you could most of the time farm or at least buy all the raid mats you needed for a good item, now you have a set cap on these (you can only get breath of bwomsandi from raid bosses and you can neither buy, sell or get them from any other source)

If they're not going to make gearing viable through crafting, I'd like them to do something or just get rid of it all together if they're going to keep being trash.

Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    Best design they had. Now professions are just lame.
    Professions should be there to craft gear, not just add some superior enchant or socket.
    That could be a thing for JC / Enchanting but not every profession.

Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    Best design they had. Now professions are just lame.
    Quite the opposite. Current design is much better. Old design was plain bad.

Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    Quite the opposite. Current design is much better. Old design was plain bad.
    Each to their own.

Because they can't decide for the life of them what they want professions to be or mean. That's the reason professions take a 180 degree turn on a new dimension each new expansion.

Because they don't care about them for one. For another, they are so obsessed with navel-gazing every goddamned item and reward in the game and how it should be "earned" or whatever, they just err on the side of making professions meaningless except as a way to generate token sales so players have the gold they need to function in the game.

Cause they dont want drums 2.0 from Sunwell I guess. Honestly, it sucked ass...unless you make gold, then you have made a killing on the AH Thats the only thing professions are good for. Love my LW, JC and other proffesions
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO
    NZXT H440 - Asus Z97 A Mobo - Corsair RM 850 - Intel I5 4590 CPU - Evo TX3 Cooler Master - Asus 970 Strix - 250GB SSD 850 Evo - Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD - Windows 10