Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Horde Geya’rah - Involve her in the future story

So you guys probably know of Geya’rah. She is the Mag’har Orc leader. She is basically Thrall’s AU sister.

From the very limited experience we have with her, she seems really cool as a character. She is honorable and powerful.

We are kind of lacking on strong Orc characters lately and she is the perfect fit. Saurfang has been losing some face lately.

Blizzard has mentioned they want Thrall back in the storyline, and Thrall connecting with Geya’rah, his “AU Sister”, would be really cool.

What do you guys think? Will she become important in the future? Will she become a "Garrosh done right"? Or will she be hiding in Orgrimmar and forgotten about?

Blizzard will either forget about her or off her out in the next self cannibalizing rebellion raid. That's how they do stuff.

She’s going to be a secondary character at best.

7+ Year Old Account
    I hope not, they can forget this genderbend forced character for ever, there are enough normal orcs to be involved like thura saurfang and that orc commander in the invasion.

Usha would be better off for an orc woman, she's a lot of fun, and while I'm not on the Jorin train the way other posters are, he'd be good to bring in as well. Geya'rah's just kind of bland, which is a shame, because the Mag'har have a lot going for them in terms of character potential. That said, there is some potential in seeing how Mag'har honor doesn't really intersect with Thrallist honor, given what they've been up to for ages now.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

She'll be forgotten if she isn't already, just like Wrathion, Thrall, every Pandaren, etc.

I can only see her become relevant if there's some sort of Light & Shadow expansion, with her obviously being very anti Light.

If you look at the current Allied Races leaders, most of them haven't played any meaningful role in this expansion: Mayla, Thalyssra, Fareeya, Turalyon, Moira, and so it shall be the same for Geya'rah.

Ironically, Void Elves are the only exception. While the cunning Alleria hasn't received a lot of screentime after the Battle of Lordaeron, the enigmatic Magister Umbric has played a pivotal role in the Alliance War Campaign.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Overlord Geya'rah feels like a character with a lot of potential that is currently being underutilized (if it can be said they're utilizing it at all). She may be intended for another story altogether, though; and outside bringing the Mag'har into the Horde fold this just isn't her moment in the proverbial spotlight.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

5+ Year Old Account
    is she female garrosh right?

Well, she will eventually become warchief and be villain batted by blizz, again when they need another garbage faction war.

Quote Originally Posted by etheldald View Post

Well, she will eventually become warchief and be villain batted by blizz, again when they need another garbage faction war.
    She's a female Thrall. Which is only marginally better, especially considering she was the right hand of Grom "Draenor is free!" Hellscream.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Baine is like the most unlikeable character you are supposed to like.

Woman? Check.
    Strong? Check.
    Brown? Check.

Expect her any time blizz will feel like collecting some woke points, lol.

I mean now we got talanji, queen of waka... I mean zandalar. Can't blow it out all at once now, can they?

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's one: We kill her off-screen, so that the spotlight can be shifted towards an Orc that isn't an AU abomination.

Only if Chris Metzen takes over voicing her.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Overlord Geya'rah feels like a character with a lot of potential that is currently being underutilized (if it can be said they're utilizing it at all). She may be intended for another story altogether, though; and outside bringing the Mag'har into the Horde fold this just isn't her moment in the proverbial spotlight.
    I'm hoping she meets Thrall and maybe she find her standings as something more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by etheldald View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Sangris View Post
    She's a female Thrall. Which is only marginally better, especially considering she was the right hand of Grom "Draenor is free!" Hellscream.
    She's neither. She's a different individual from a different world with a different history altogether. She's the daughter of a Durotan and Draka who never came to Azeroth and never experienced the events of the formation of the Old Horde. Her world is undergoing some form of breakdown due to an unspecified cataclysm, and embroiled with a religious war with Draenei zealots. Her history, personality, and ultimate trajectory are determined by events that neither our Grom, Garrosh, Durotan, or Thrall ever experienced.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    She’s pretty dull. I feel her being Thrall’s AU self is more a disservice to her character than a benefit.

I wanna see more Usha.

Salty Feline Overlord Beerbill Society's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    They should just kill old Thrall and MU Velen and replace both with this good garrosh Thrall rule 63 Geya chick and full holy Nazi Y'rel.

That would be awesome, plus gurl power.

"... And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers, and you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee." - Ezekiel 25:17

"My name is Legion: for we are many." - Mark 5:9
    My characters :3

How about we get a less dull leader to represent the Mag'har, maybe someone interested in machinery, considering they did bring their iron horde stuff from Draenor.

I'm not opposed to her having a more prominent role in the future. Her being an AU Thrall doesn't automatically make her a bad character. Warlords of Draenor wasn't bad because it was an alternate universe. In concept it was exciting, it's how they executed the whole thing that became a mixed bag of bad story-telling and missed opportunities. If they build her up properly, they can do anything they want with her short of turning her into a female version of Garrosh as he was at the end. Sylvanas set the bar pretty low for female Horde Warchiefs so I could see her become Warchief in the future as long as they portray her closer to how Garrosh was in Wrath. I don't care who's what gender and alternate universe or not, I just want a good story that makes sense and logical characterization.