Quote Originally Posted by willemh View Post
    That's simply the result of bad implementation. Being unable to trade spare loot would resolve everything. Personal means personal, not 'Personal if you need it, tradeable if you don't'.

Not that I think that change should be made because it affects the average wow player playing with friends far too much (just like the masterloot change did).
    Getting rid of the power creep to heroic of the next tier would fix it without affecting the typical player, and keep content relevant. It's nonsensical that you can gain a giant power jump by killing bosses that would be easier than the mythic bosses you already progressed on in the same gear you killed those mythic bosses with.

For your typical guild working on mythic of a raid, let's say, and they aren't quite done but want to finish and the new raid releases, what happens right now? With nearly full mythic gear, they're struggling to finish the raid. Instead, they go do the next raid's heroic version and because they so insanely overgear the previous instance, there's no point ever returning. Instead, the normal progression path might be to fill out extra pieces from heroic of the next raid, pick up some pieces of the mythic bosses you can handle in the next raid, and with that small power gain go back and kill the remaining bosses, then spend more time in the next mythic raid.

If someone is new to the expansion, how do they gear? Run m0s, do WQs, do LFR (because that trivially puts you there), and then normal of whatever is the latest raid because it drops mythic equivalent gear of the previous tier despite being utterly trivial. Why not progress through the content like everyone else did? What's the point of paying 2 years for content when the only reason anyone ever runs the majority of it is for xmog, achievements, pets, and mounts? Imagine this game when a new subscriber has this wealth of content in front of them and not just a "the raid"?

I really don't understand this strategy for building an RPG, where the game itself becomes irrelevant. Imagine FF games where because someone on the planet has killed the final boss, every other new player to the game can go kill some shitty trash mobs and instantly hit 80+ and start doing 4-6k damage per hit, with skips built in so they can just ignore the story content and just hit those late game bosses.

When I hear people talk about the progression path for vanilla/TBC, it sounds a lot more like an actual RPG and not like what it is today. People complain like "oh man needing to do all this stuff, that just seems overwhelming, where's the LFR button?" but don't understand that any decent RPG can easily take hundreds of hours to 100%, and a solid RPG will take 30-60 hours just to beat your first time. Sure, a list of 40 things you need to do sounds like a lot, but when you break it up over months and months, it's more like a small amount you need to do each week, and very little each day, to eventually complete all the content. "Only 1% of the playerbase did this content" screams Ion so loudly everyone within a mile can hear him. We know his bonuses are tied to MAUs and engagement metrics with content. What percentage of people who buy any super long RPG max out their character or 100% when end bosses are often designed to be easily killable just by following the story? What percentage of people playing XBC2 got an S+ on a blade without farming it, or ever managed a 4+ burst combo, or killed a single superboss? Hell, how many gave up when their main driver was removed for story purposes and they hadn't developed any of their supporting party members' blades? Or when the compass on the map didn't tell you exactly where to go next so you needed to read the story and do some exploration?

Game design is doing fine, it's just dead at Blizzard these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Dossou View Post
    making my once per cycle post in this thread
    i'd like to shout out jdance, tmsean and all other fallen brothers from the past
    please @ me
    Hey man I appreciate that. I'm a bit busy with real life lately but I like to come back and read about the raiding scene every now and again. Sorry it took me so long to see this post. I hadn't even realized a new tier had released! Best of luck to you and Limit in the future.

Kind regards,
    Jdance

Quote Originally Posted by Jdance View Post
    Hey man I appreciate that. I'm a bit busy with real life lately but I like to come back and read about the raiding scene every now and again. Sorry it took me so long to see this post. I hadn't even realized a new tier had released! Best of luck to you and Limit in the future.

Kind regards,
    Jdance
    thanks for the kind words
    good luck to you too buddy

Great work in BoD! Keep up the great work

- - - Updated - - -

**somehow said uldir sorry

Does Lipp still hate me?
    If so that's unfortunate.
    I look forward to joining Limit for next tier.

So, what happened to wildcard gaming?

Quit raiding?

Quote Originally Posted by Unforgivenn View Post

Quit raiding?
    TL DR is

15 gquit and made a new guild called Positivity.
    5 including the GM went alliance and merged with a rank 300 guild and renamed them Wildcard Gaming.
    "I feel bad for Limit , they put in so many hours only to come in second place" - Methodjosh

Quote Originally Posted by Unforgivenn View Post

Quit raiding?

Quote Originally Posted by xfreeder View Post
    Alright, that last line cut deeper than the Mariana Trench. Ouch.