Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    So you ignored both of my points? One being that we dont know what monitor he has and two being a cheap upgrade to a 144hz panel in the future?

Are you now just arguing for the sake of it? I guess i dont understand.
    Since he hasn't specified what he's using, I'm going with some logical assumptions:
    Most people play on 1080p60. I assume that's what he's using.
    Most people don't care for high frame rate, so I assume he's not going to upgrade to that

And you're the one still here after you said you were done

This is exactly why people need to stop posting advice.

You just recommended someone spend more money on something that would give him a 0 fps upgrade and told them not to spend money on something that would give them upwards of 30% gains in the specific game they are interested in playing.

You guys watch too many youtube videos about AMD ryzen, use both before giving advice to other people.
    He wants the best value for 900 USD , none of the systems linked with a 9600k are A) anywhere close to 900USD B) sacrifice everything to get a CPU that gives zero advantages if you have a 60htz monitor .

The OP already has a PC, this may not be for him, it could be for someone else.

Given the choice between a 9600k 8gb of ram and a crappy SATA SSD and a 2600 with 16gb of ram and a fast M.2 SSD there is no comparison , take the second system every time.
    Power corrupts, unlimited power... is even more fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    Since he hasn't specified what he's using, I'm going with some logical assumptions:
    Most people play on 1080p60. I assume that's what he's using.
    Most people don't care for high frame rate, so I assume he's not going to upgrade to that

And you're the one still here after you said you were done
    So i should let the bad advice continue? Because make no mistake about it, every single one of you telling the op to spend more on ram and ssd over cpu is giving bad advice. And again you missed the point of the monitor discussion, ryzen would only be slightly more acceptable if he currently has a gsync compatible freesync display, that was the inevitable dips he will have under the 60 fps vsync cap wouldnt feel as bad. And you also fail to comprehend that someone could spend 150 bucks down the road for a 144hz monitor with freesync to add to his rig?

Do you even play video games lol?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by andrewjoy View Post
    He wants the best value for 900 USD , none of the systems linked with a 9600k are A) anywhere close to 900USD B) sacrifice everything to get a CPU that gives zero advantages if you have a 60htz monitor .

The OP already has a PC, this may not be for him, it could be for someone else.

Given the choice between a 9600k 8gb of ram and a crappy SATA SSD and a 2600 with 16gb of ram and a fast M.2 SSD there is no comparison , take the second system every time.
    Yikes, i hope you dont give the same advice to friends and family.

- - - Updated - - -

You people are literally telling this person to spend the same amount of money but to get 30% less performance in the game they listed they are interested in playing.

Think about that before you post again, please.

- - - Updated - - -

You people are literally telling this person to spend the same amount of money but to get 30% less performance in the game they listed they are interested in playing.

Think about that before you post again, please.

What advising them to spend money on things that do matter ( like more ram 8gb is not enough) and a larger SSD so you can run everything off it and not a slow ass HDD for games ?

Over what ? slightly more FPS that you cannot even see anyway as lets face it most people use 60htz monitors.

Or choosing a CPU that will last way longer due to having more threads ?

IM GOING TO BOLD AND CAPS THIS ONE SO PEOPLE GET IT:
    IN WORLD OF WARCRAFT THE INTEL CORE I5 9600K IS AT MINIMUM 30% FASTER THAN THE RYZEN 2600

You are all suggesting this person forego that 30% fps gain for parts that will not affect the performance of his PC one iota.

- - - Updated - - -

What advising them to spend money on things that do matter ( like more ram 8gb is not enough) and a larger SSD so you can run everything off it and not a slow ass HDD for games ?

Over what ? slightly more FPS that you cannot even see anyway as lets face it most people use 60htz monitors.

Or choosing a CPU that will last way longer due to having more threads ?
    Where in the fuck did you read you need 16gb's of ram or 12 cpu threads to play world of warcraft???? STOP POSTING OK, YOU ARE GIVING BAD ADVICE.

Its not all about FPS mate( that he wont even see anyway with a 60htz panel), you want the best overall system, and the best value for money.

10+ Year Old Account
    So i should let the bad advice continue? Because make no mistake about it, every single one of you telling the op to spend more on ram and ssd over cpu is giving bad advice. And again you missed the point of the monitor discussion, ryzen would only be slightly more acceptable if he currently has a gsync compatible freesync display, that was the inevitable dips he will have under the 60 fps vsync cap wouldnt feel as bad. And you also fail to comprehend that someone could spend 150 bucks down the road for a 144hz monitor with freesync to add to his rig?

Do you even play video games lol?
    No, that's why I hang out on video game forums.

And again:
    MOST
    PEOPLE
    DON'T
    CARE
    FOR
    HIGH
    REFRESH
    RATES

I absolutely would. Better QoL rather than performance they don't need

Its not all about FPS mate( that he wont even see anyway with a 60htz panel), you want the best overall system.
    You do realize a 2600 wont be able to maintain 60 fps in WoW in all scenarios of the game right? Beyond that you are limiting his ability to upgrade to a proper gaming monitor in the future with an AMD cpu.

10+ Year Old Account
    IM GOING TO BOLD AND CAPS THIS ONE SO PEOPLE GET IT:
    IN WORLD OF WARCRAFT THE INTEL CORE I5 9600K IS AT MINIMUM 30% FASTER THAN THE RYZEN 2600

You are all suggesting this person forego that 30% fps gain for parts that will not affect the performance of his PC one iota.
    QoL might not affect performance, but it'll affect him.
    And WoW's performance is all wank anyway. Nothing is really capable of sustaining 60, even after 8.1

- - - Updated - - -

You do realize a 2600 wont be able to maintain 60 fps in WoW in all scenarios of the game right? Beyond that you are limiting his ability to upgrade to a proper gaming monitor in the future with an AMD cpu.
    What CPU you have doesn't have anything to do with your monitor.
    That's entirely the GPU

No, that's why I hang out on video game forums.

And again:
    MOST
    PEOPLE
    DON'T
    CARE
    FOR
    HIGH
    REFRESH
    RATES

I absolutely would. Better QoL rather than performance they don't need
    If you dont care about high refresh rates, you are NOT a pc gamer. Consoles have been able to do 1080p 60 fps for 6 years now, im sad for you if that is the most you expect from a PC gaming experience.

- - - Updated - - -

QoL might not affect performance, but it'll affect him.
    And WoW's performance is all wank anyway. Nothing is really capable of sustaining 60, even after 8.1

- - - Updated - - -

What CPU you have doesn't have anything to do with your monitor.
    That's entirely the GPU
    And that sir is why you need to stop posting on this forum.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you dont care about high refresh rates, you are NOT a pc gamer. Consoles have been able to do 1080p 60 fps for 6 years now, im sad for you if that is the most you expect from a PC gaming experience.
    Ooh there we go.

I'm a pc gamer if I play games on a pc. That's LITERALLY WHAT IT FUCKING MEANS TO BE A PC GAMER. It's also about being able to mod things if I choose to, or change graphics settings, or whatever.

Saying that people aren't real pc gamers because they only play at 1080p60 is toxic and serves no purpose other than to diminish other people because you think you're better than them.

- - - Updated - - -

And that sir is why you need to stop posting on this forum.
    What? Why?

What adaptive sync tech you use is entirely in the GPU. It has literally fuck all to do with your CPU. I know this because Intel also uses Freesync, so if it was bound to your CPU, you'd need an Nvidia CPU to run Gsync

Ooh there we go.

I'm a pc gamer if I play games on a pc. That's LITERALLY WHAT IT FUCKING MEANS TO BE A PC GAMER. It's also about being able to mod things if I choose to, or change graphics settings, or whatever.

Saying that people aren't real pc gamers because they only play at 1080p60 is toxic and serves no purpose other than to diminish other people because you think you're better than them.
    Its not toxic whatsoever, literally the main benefit of playing on PC is higher framerates. xbox one x can semi do 4k now but its either limited to 60hz or more times than not 30hz. There are ZERO games on console that run above 60hz, the MAIN benefit of a PC gaming rig is having the option to go above that number and if you havent experienced it i can only say im sad for you.

- - - Updated - - -

Ooh there we go.

- - - Updated - - -

What? Why?

What adaptive sync tech you use is entirely in the GPU. It has literally fuck all to do with your CPU. I know this because Intel also uses Freesync, so if it was bound to your CPU, you'd need an Nvidia CPU to run Gsync
    Go look at some benchmarks my guy, you dont understand how bottlenecks work in games. TLDR: WIth the exact same GPU a more powerful CPU can give you a tremendous amount more FPS on a 144hz+ monitor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its not toxic whatsoever, literally the main benefit of playing on PC is higher framerates. xbox one x can semi do 4k now but its either limited to 60hz or more times than not 30hz. There are ZERO games on console that run above 60hz, the MAIN benefit of a PC gaming rig is having the option to go above that number and if you havent experienced it i can only say im sad for you.
    I have experienced above 60. It's fine.

And yes, it is toxic to claim people aren't pc gamers if they don't play at above 60fps. What fucking point does it serve? We should be celebrating games, not try to diminish each other for how we play them, or even less because of how fast we can put out frames to play them

I have experienced above 60. It's fine.

And yes, it is toxic to claim people aren't pc gamers if they don't play at above 60fps. What fucking point does it serve? We should be celebrating games, not try to diminish each other for how we play them, or even less because of how fast we can put out frames to play them
    Dude you need to just stop, you clearly are new to pc gaming and are only able to give advice based on what you have experienced. I am 37 years old and have been PC gaming since ~1997. Only in the past 5 years have i experienced 120+ hz because that is the time period for which they become affordable, and i am telling you as a 20+ year PC gamer that high refresh rate gaming is what sets pc gaming apart from consoles. Mods are nice but its not what pc gaming is all about, mods are even on consoles now...

Second Generation Ryzen 5. With the OC that comes default with the MSI Mobo he gets a nice FPS for a good price.
    Its the ones in green in the graphics

Last edited by HeiAggra; 2019-01-23 at 11:38 AM.

A ryzen 2600 is a literal potato in WoW compared to a 9600k.

If you want to talk overclocking, it gets even worse...

Ryzen 2600 max oc 4.2ghz
    9600k max oc 5.3ghz

But by all means, buy the 512g ssd and 16gb's of ram to gain exactly 0 fps

In this scenario intel is at minimum 35% ahead of amd in this title.

A ryzen 2600 is a literal potato in WoW compared to a 9600k.

If you want to talk overclocking, it gets even worse...

Ryzen 2600 max oc 4.2ghz
    9600k max oc 5.3ghz

But by all means, buy the 512g ssd and 16gb's of ram to gain exactly 0 fps

In this scenario intel is at minimum 35% ahead of amd in this title.
    I understand what you mean but if you want to build a PC to overclock you wont be looking for a 900 bucks pc.
    You need a good MOBO, good PSU and great cooling to do that.
    With that 4.2 it will work for him i bealive.
    Also RAM is important and a SSD if he puts WOW on it will do wonders for the game.
    Last edited by HeiAggra; 2019-01-23 at 11:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HeiAggra View Post
    I understand what you mean but if you want to build a PC to overclock you wont be looking for a 900 bucks pc.
    You need a good MOBO, good PSU and great cooling to do that.
    With that 4.2 it will work for him i bealive.
    Also RAM is important and a SSD if he pust WOW on it will do wonders for the game.
    Ignore overclocking entirely my dude. You can buy a b360 or shit even a h310 motherboard and buy a 15 dollar cpu cooler you are still 30% ahead of the ryzen 2600. AMD is NOT A GOOD GAMING CPU. I dont know how to get it across any better than that. Its acceptable, but its not good...

Ignore overclocking entirely my dude. You can buy a b360 or shit even a h310 motherboard and buy a 15 dollar cpu cooler you are still 30% ahead of the ryzen 2600. AMD is NOT A GOOD GAMING CPU. I dont know how to get it across any better than that. Its acceptable, but its not good...
    If in PUBG in ultra it pulls 134 FPS is not good for it price allow me to disagree with you.
    Still yes you can put the BEST CPU but put a shit MOBO and Cooler and lets see how long it will last that PC.

Your insane. Excluding some problem areas any decent modern CPU will have zero problems running wow at 60fps.

NO CPU can maintain 60 fps in the problem areas , no not even a 9900k at 5ghtz