• Villain batting Warchiefs

94 35.21%
  • Siege of Zuldazar

16 5.99%
  • Character assassination

47 17.60%
Page 1 of 13
... LastLast

Horde Most humiliating writing against the Horde in WoW lore.

Calling out to my fellow horde mains. I am curious, from all the history of written lore, meant to throw dirt at the horde plot, what's your personal event you despised the most? There is plenty of things ruining one's motivations but I believe, voicing loud and clear what our criticism is all about, might be a wake-up call for blizzard. Have fun voting.

Shit like that happens, if they want to push a narrative they push it, no matter what the playerbase thinks.

War of Thorns and the ultimate fiasco in Lordaeron,with Sylvanas being "the ultimate strategist". Oh wait...

Quote Originally Posted by Felixon View Post
    War of Thorns and the ultimate fiasco in Lordaeron,with Sylvanas being "the ultimate strategist". Oh wait...
    Among the blind the one-eyed man is king, strategy in wow in general is utterly laughable

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Among the blind the one-eyed man is king, strategy in wow in general is utterly laughable
    True,but the way Malfurion and the night elves were portrayed...It was painful to read.

True,but the way Malfurion and the night elves were portrayed...It was painful to read.
    Well their tactical ineptitude is nothing but consistent, though I have to say the young night elf impersonating a forsaken was the worst, that guy clearly was mentally challenged on all fronts, considering his dialogue in Astranaar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grazrug View Post
    Calling out to my fellow horde mains. I am curious, from all the history of written lore, meant to throw dirt at the horde plot, what's your personal event you despised the most? There is plenty of things ruining one's motivations but I believe, voicing loud and clear what our criticism is all about, might be a wake-up call for blizzard. Have fun voting.
    Oh come on, it is clear that Horde is getting an uprising storyline. It is so clear that Sylvanas isn't meant to be your friend, why else would you have Saurfang in the swamp, an orc that has claimed he would never take leadership of the Horde, yet now planning to claim the Horde from Sylvanas. You are meant to have dirt flung on in this story ever since it was revealed that things hadn't gone as planned/thought.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Oh come on, it is clear that Horde is getting an uprising storyline. It is so clear that Sylvanas isn't meant to be your friend, why else would you have Saurfang in the swamp, an orc that has claimed he would never take leadership of the Horde, yet now planning to claim the Horde from Sylvanas. You are meant to have dirt flung on in this story ever since it was revealed that things hadn't gone as planned/thought.
    OH great. An mop recycle. Even more humiliation. Just what our lore needs the most. Not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grazrug View Post
    OH great. An mop recycle. Even more humiliation. Just what our lore needs the most. Not.
    Oh come on, you could almost guess Sylvanas would be a problem already back in Wrath. Sylvanas did a WHOLE lot of wrong before Garrosh even had a chance to start. I'm sorry the Horde is fractured but honestly, most likely something built on as a story from Garrosh's actions and forward. Ever since Thrall left you, everything has gone shit. The only one with a chance, didn't manage to live that long at all.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Oh come on, you could almost guess Sylvanas would be a problem already back in Wrath. Sylvanas did a WHOLE lot of wrong before Garrosh even had a chance to start. I'm sorry the Horde is fractured but honestly, most likely something built on as a story from Garrosh's actions and forward. Ever since Thrall left you, everything has gone shit. The only one with a chance, didn't manage to live that long at all.
    I did not. All of bfa is out of character and meant to be an excuse to write her character off instead of giving her actual progression like they did with Jaina. Alliance bias btw.

You question what they are doing to Baine and you forget about what they did to Sylvanas? The BfA plot ruined her. And how about Vol'jin and his useless death just to make her warchief, which will become the undoing of old friends of his like Baine and Saurfang. Really shitty writing.

I voted character assassination, because this is the most frustrating thing in wow lore these days.
    Last edited by RangerDaz; 2019-01-24 at 12:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I almost feel like villain batting warchiefs, SoO, and WoD could be the same vote.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

While WoD is a particular lego piece stuck in my foot, Baine still takes the cake. He's everything wrong with the Horde in character form, even worse than Thrall because at least Thrall actually got examined, called out and finally disposed of. At least until now, when Green Jesus is actually the desirable Warchief compared to what else we have on hand to replace Sylvanas.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself
    This actually made me laugh.

Oh that’s easy...
    Remember when Vol’jin returns from Pandaria and starts a rebellion? There’s that awesome quest where he, Thrall and Chen lead a giant Darkspear army into the Razor Hill, taking the town for the rebels.
    Then Baine joins him and says that Orgrimmar is too tough to take with only two of them and points out that Alliance help might be needed. Vol’jin then spits on the groud, begrudgingly agreeing but definitely not liking it.
    Then, back on PTR, Alliance had their little quest. They meet Vol’jin and there’s a choice to have a dialog with him, trying to “put him into place”, which Vol’jin quickly turns upside down, basically making it clear that the Horde would have a strong leader as a Warchief.
    And then... Explosion of salt and tears all over the forums. Alliance screaming at the top of their lungs until Blizzard buckles underneath this newly formed sea of horrors. And now we have a different canon, where Vol’jin literally BEGS Alliance to not withdraw, saying that the Horde is doomed without them and all will be lost, also basically admitting that Alliance could easily take Orgrimmar by themselves.
    And that is after his awesome character build in the book.
    That was the most humiliating writing for me personally, because for a while I was hoping that he would take the title of Warchief and then I just... Well didn’t XD

Anyway, out of all the choices in this poll, I took the Villain Batting, because nothing feels more awesome then joining a faction of honorable savages and then watch them being dishonorable assholes while Blizzard talks about moral lessons and different tints of greys.
    Last edited by Kwento; 2019-01-23 at 09:26 AM.

To be fair, Sylvannas didn't expect Jaina to appear.

Yeah burning of the Tree was shitty way to antagonize horde and allys after many years of cooperation against greater evil.
    And of corz vol'jin killed by random trashy daemon was facepalm moment.

7+ Year Old Account
    You should have added the option "all of the above" !

Honestly, their shitty lore writing made me quit the game. I do not wish to participate in any other "usurping" or rebellion, nor I want to see another Horde major char dying, while I have to withstand Jaina's and Genn's provocative actions.

Fuck this shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Drpizka View Post
    You should have added the option "all of the above" !

Honestly, their shitty lore writing made me quit the game. I do not wish to participate in any other "usurping" or rebellion, nor I want to see another Horde major char dying, while I have to withstand Jaina's and Genn's provocative actions.

Fuck this shit.
    That makes two of us. I was looking forward to playable zandalari but this raid was the final straw. The minute the horde gets anything nice blizzard takes it away 5 minutes later. We started with zero motivation and haven't even hit rock bottom yet.