94 35.21%
  • Siege of Zuldazar

16 5.99%
  • Character assassination

47 17.60%
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Grazrug View Post
    That makes two of us. I was looking forward to playable zandalari but this raid was the final straw. The minute the horde gets anything nice blizzard takes it away 5 minutes later. We started with zero motivation and haven't even hit rock bottom yet.
    Oh no,they dared to actually strike back at us! THEY TOOK OUR JOB!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Felixon View Post
    Oh no,they dared to actually strike back at us! THEY TOOK OUR JOB!!!!!!!!
    Lmao entitlement first hand. As usual. Nothing new from team blue.

15+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard should have done a better job with the horde's warchiefs and the overall story arc. After Thrall went full green jezus they put garrosh in charge who shouldn't have been in any place of power as he was unable to deal with it or make any rational decisions, and then antagonized him. Vol'jin then gets a turn and is killed as sacrificial lamb just to show that the burning legion is a big dangerous baddy and nobody is safe, with a possible return thanks to loas (though this story still has potential though). Then we have sylvanas, almost instantly antagonized and made insanely evil with almost no character development or rational reasoning, with a good chance of going completely insane or evil. The alliance leaders are not treated any better and almost always reduced to two dimensional characters with almost no character development whatsoever, being almost always inhumanly righteous and good.

World of Warcraft is missing the World, as no other characters except our highest leaders matter. We don't get to see border skirmishes, we don't get to see any battles where common commanders and soldiers face off against one another, or some heroics from a band of warriors in cinematics. I just find it poor writing from Blizz that they couldn't start the story with border skirmishes heating up, soldiers fighting for resources and territory, culminating to both factions being forced to find allies as they are evenly matched as battles end in stalemates or territories constantly switched in dominance. This way blizz can easily avoid faction bias and give some place for actual character development for more characters and heroes to grow.

No, instead, blizz has to over focus on just a small cast of poorly written characters while ignoring the fact that Azeroth is big enough that just about anything can happen and that both factions have massive armies. It also doesn't help that our player characters have been elevated to semi-legendary status instead of (highly) experienced warriors/adventurers/veterans/soldiers. I would have liked if our characters where respected but grounded, sure we have some amazing accolades, but it doesn't make us invulnerable or invincible, we are still mortals and can make mistakes and die.

Blizzard isn't interested in delivering deep and well thought through stories with interesting characters and settings, and this has been going on for a long time. The last time blizz made deep and interesting stories was in MoP, where the continent and it's inhabitants mattered and Blizzard actually but in some thought and care in the development of the stories they tried to tell.
    'Something's awry.' -Duhgan 'Bel' beltayn

'A Man choses, a Slave obeys.' -Andrew Rayn

True,but the way Malfurion and the night elves were portrayed...It was painful to read.
    The Night Elves were portrayed as tactically inept even in WC3. So, no changes there.

You do recall that the bulk of both of their campaigns is them fucking up right? They only succeed when led by Illidan or when allied with others.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a gripe with all of this stuff, but SoO was unforgivable. Pretty much all of the problems we face as a faction today started there.

RIP Garrosh.

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    You mean what happened to the alliance on darkshore & undercity wasn't humiliating? this is warcraft. you win some, you lose some.
    Largely, the Horde fanbase hasn't cared for their faction going saturday morning cartoon villain. Nor has it been well liked that the factions been taken over by the race that is most unlike the bulk of the Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    You mean what happened to the alliance on darkshore & undercity wasn't humiliating? this is warcraft. you win some, you lose some.
    Was the alliance ever portrayed as:

The bad guy
    Without identity
    The losers
    Self cannibalizing
    Aggressors
    Without leaders or noticeable characters
    Incompetent

At the same time? No? Thought so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Shit like that happens, if they want to push a narrative they push it, no matter what the playerbase thinks.
    It's Blizzard's story to tell, not ours.
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

Quote Originally Posted by Valehna View Post
    It's Blizzard's story to tell, not ours.
    Blizzard patting themselves on the shoulder shall not be encouraged.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwento View Post
    Oh that’s easy...
    Remember when Vol’jin returns from Pandaria and starts a rebellion? There’s that awesome quest where he, Thrall and Chen lead a giant Darkspear army into the Razor Hill, taking the town for the rebels.
    Then Baine joins him and says that Orgrimmar is too tough to take with only two of them and points out that Alliance help might be needed. Vol’jin then spits on the groud, begrudgingly agreeing but definitely not liking it.
    Then, back on PTR, Alliance had their little quest. They meet Vol’jin and there’s a choice to have a dialog with him, trying to “put him into place”, which Vol’jin quickly turns upside down, basically making it clear that the Horde would have a strong leader as a Warchief.
    And then... Explosion of salt and tears all over the forums. Alliance screaming at the top of their lungs until Blizzard buckles underneath this newly formed sea of horrors. And now we have a different canon, where Vol’jin literally BEGS Alliance to not withdraw, saying that the Horde is doomed without them and all will be lost, also basically admitting that Alliance could easily take Orgrimmar by themselves.
    And that is after his awesome character build in the book.
    That was the most humiliating writing for me personally, because for a while I was hoping that he would take the title of Warchief and then I just... Well didn’t XD

Anyway, out of all the choices in this poll, I took the Villain Batting, because nothing feels more awesome then joining a faction of honorable savages and then watch them being dishonorable assholes while Blizzard talks about moral lessons and different tints of greys.
    And the same happend with tyrande. WHAT WHY DO WE THE MIGHTY HORDE HAVE TO BE TRASH TALKED BY A ALLIANCE LEADER. Wäääääh alliance biased wäääääh

Quote Originally Posted by ArenaDk View Post
    And the same happend with tyrande. WHAT WHY DO WE THE MIGHTY HORDE HAVE TO BE TRASH TALKED BY A ALLIANCE LEADER. Wäääääh alliance biased wäääääh
    Tyrande trashtalking stayed. Vol'jin did not. Aka alliance bias. Case closed.

Quote Originally Posted by ArenaDk View Post
    Nope, not even close. I hoped it would happen, but instead Tyrande wasn’t turned into a pathetic beggar, instead treating the Horde hero that has saved Azeroth multiple times by now with respect.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grazrug View Post
    Tyrande trashtalking stayed. Vol'jin did not. Aka alliance bias. Case closed.

It stayed, but was told to have resulted under the influence of the Nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwento View Post
    Nope, not even close. I hoped it would happen, but instead Tyrande wasn’t turned into a pathetic beggar, instead treating the Horde hero that has saved Azeroth multiple times by now with respect.

- - - Updated - - -

It stayed, but was told to have resulted under the influence of the Nightmare.
    Tyrande who was never shown to be influenced by the nightmare, was influenced by the nightmare specifically to shit talk the Horde champion?

Citation needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Tyrande who was never shown to be influenced by the nightmare, was influenced by the nightmare specifically to shit talk the Horde champion?

Citation needed.
    First she appears and demands that we pray that her boyfriend is still alive:
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Love_Lost#Horde

And right next she mentions that the Nightmare clouds her mind:
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Dark_Side_..._(quest)#Horde

“Xavius led Ysera past here, but their destination is unclear. The Nightmare smothers my mind!”

It’s also where she respectfully says that she and the Horde PC have differences, but that saving Malfurion serves a bigger purpose.
    Now if she begged for us to save him or she would be lost to despair forever!!! Then the situation would have been similar.

Garrosh and Sylvanas

Everything about the Horde has been humiliating since Thrall left. And he probably left because he didn't want tp deal with this shit anymore.

Some say Vol'jin was good... Yeah we saw how good a crackhead leader proved to be, when his decisions are told "by da spiritz, mon".

True,but the way Malfurion and the night elves were portrayed...It was painful to read.
    You don't think doing a buildup on the far side of a continent to lure an enemy navy away so you can swoop around to attack their lightly defended homeland isn't a viable tactic?
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

The quadrumvirate of Thrall, Saurfang, Vol'jin and Baine. Each of them a horseman of bending the Horde over for their human overlords to fuck. Thrall through appeasement, Saurfang through becoming their asset, Vol'jin through wanting to sing kumbaya with them (until Alliance called his bluff and he started to beg) and Baine through doormat level sycophancy.

And it's not that they are presented as Alliance lovers per se. It's that Blizzard constantly tries to hammer the idea that it's people like them that the Horde is "really about" and that they are exactly what the Horde needs. Which they do with preschool moralizing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Sylvanas is not a good strategist, rather the Alliance is super, super dump. They are written so stupid that if they did not have plot armor, they'd probably die trying to get off the ship in Tirisfal.
    In this case it's not just their stupidity. The balance of powers of their fleets prior to BfA, as presented by Saurfang in A Good War, dictates that had it not been for their plot armor the Alliance, stupidity or not, should have been destroyed when attempting to besiege Lordaeron before they even landed on Tirisfal shore. As for Sylvanas' plan, baiting an overzealous Alliance that constantly downplays the Horde's strength (something they tend to be in their conflicts with the Horde) into a Blight hellhole should have worked with no deus ex machinas in play.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2019-01-23 at 12:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself
    My new signature, thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Broken Shore with Vol'Jin's death. That was the most pointless death that lead to all this BS that is Horde story in BfA. It should've force devs to actually write morally grey conflict.

When it comes to Siege of Dazar'alor that is more of a trouble for Zandalari than Horde. However at least Zandalari were portrayed as big enough challenge if Alliance couldn't face them head on and had to use sabotage on them and various deus ex-machine like convenient void portals.

Let's not forget various plot holes that were in the way :
    - like Pa'ku warning about incoming Alliance invasion (she wanred Rastakhan before about incoming Sethrak)
    - like the fact that entire rastari port had activated wards after questing in the area. Horde player put wards back in use after Mogu aggression but they conveniently were not working to spot people sneaking in to plant bombs
    - Zandalari not doing any ship maintanence checking for days and letting bombs be attached to ships for many days.
    - Bwonsamdi not instant-killing group of people as we saw him during questing experience do.
    - Abscence of various Loas, like Gonk who is well known for using ambush tactics.
    - abscence of Pterrodax riders

I mean Zuldazar is arguably the most power filled city. It's not just sheer army that they have, but magics, gods, war beasts, protection wards, hellotsa of spy-ing like creatures.
    The fact that lots of stuff had to be conveniently forgotten to make it happen makes it somewhat easier to cope.

-------------

Another humilating thing?
    I'd say that warcampign that was about wandering cluelessly around graveyards hoping to find some good corpse.

I'd come up with others too.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria