Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Why Are You So Aggressive?

Example:

The Baine vs. Sylvanas thread has people flinging out insults that can be summarized as: "Oh you support X, then you must definitely be an X shill. Pathetic."

Why do we feel the need to attack people ad hominem?

It's a game.

Welcome to the Internet, it's where hate lives.

10+ Year Old Account
    On a psychological level, people feel angry and attacked when their viewpoint is attacked in any way. It's almost like our viewpoints are extensions of ourselves. Weird, I know.

Sexual frustrations.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's pretty regular for people who's arguments don't have a leg to stand on to resort to insults when they start losing a debate.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

People just suck sometimes.

10+ Year Old Account
    social media and "hive mind", people let the internet shape their opinion and they start to believe things that might not be true, just because of how words are arranged and the quantity of a growing opinion (consensus), and reading it days after days, years after years; it leads to aggressive behaviour when someone is saying something true (or false, but that would not be not the concern) but contrary to the hive mind, mostly known as toxicity. it shows tremendously on reddit or mmochampion, reddit in particular where you see misguidances such as opinions or even facts being downvoted to oblivion etc

think for yourself people, and be civil, internet is good but it can burn our brain fairly quickly

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mario710 View Post
    Example:

The Baine vs. Sylvanas thread has people flinging out insults that can be summarized as: "Oh you support X, then you must definitely be an X shill. Pathetic."

It's a game.
    Some people can't stand it that others don't share their view points.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Because MMO-C allow it. It's their forum, they could decide to tone but looking at what they close and what kind of cesspool they keep open, said cesspool give them way more traffic.
    MMO-Champion, once the place to get WoW News, now the home of the haters and their clickbait and doomsaying threads

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    social media and "hive mind", people let the internet shape their opinion and they start to believe things that might not be true, just because of how words are arranged and the quantity of a growing opinion (consensus), and reading it days after days, years after years; it leads to aggressive behaviour when someone is saying something true (or false, but that would not be not the concern) but contrary to the hive mind, mostly known as toxicity. it shows tremendously on reddit or mmochampion, reddit in particular where you see misguidances such as opinions or even facts being downvoted to oblivion etc

think for yourself people, and be civil, internet is good but it can burn our brain fairly quickly
    It's not really an internet exclusive problem. You see it in traditional forms of media as well. People see or hear something from someone or some publication that they like and are more likely to reject new/more accurate information to the contrary. It's always been there, we're just exposed to it through the internet. In real life people completely disregard news with sources and science and experts because their favorite politician or media personality has a differing view.

The average person isn't particularly smart. I recall the outrage when they learned that their thin leather phone cases that still allowed their phone to communicate with cell towers while inside buildings wasn't actually protecting them from radiation. >.>
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

If you live long enough in the basement you'll get mad over tiny things.

You can't blame them.

It's because people are too stupid to realise how stupid they are, so they attack others they don't understand.

Quote Originally Posted by mario710 View Post
    Example:

It's a game.
    Dude, are you new or something? It is well-known by now that the community of this forum is one of the moxt toxic on the internet. Trust me, I know that better than anyone else. I have been victim of insults and abuses for over a year by now merely for loving an unpopular race and character. You'll get used to it eventually.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alleria Windrunner View Post
    Dude, are you new or something? It is well-known by now that the community of this forum is one of the moxt toxic on the internet. Trust me, I know that better than anyone else. I have been victim of insults and abuses for over a year by now merely for loving an unpopular race and character. You'll get used to it eventually.
    No, you get insults for being absolutely obsessed with Alleria and seeing her as some kind of true Queen of the Blood/Void elves, when it isn't even slightly true.

I won't call you names for it, but I think you're way over the top with it, but hey, you do you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coo View Post
    No, you get insults for being absolutely obsessed with Alleria and seeing her as some kind of true Queen of the Blood/Void elves, when it isn't even slightly true.

I won't call you names for it, but I think you're way over the top with it, but hey, you do you.
    Exactly, I get insults for having an unpopular opinion. So what if I am obsessed with Alleria? There is nothing in the TOS that says that I cannot be obsessed with a certain character.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

10+ Year Old Account
    ... Because instead of improving upon the great design features wow had in the past, they make them less interesting and dumb to the point where we lose any interest and motivation to pursue ingame goals.

(why does all-caps not work? )
    Last edited by Tetley; 2019-01-21 at 08:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    Welcome to the Internet, it's where hate lives.
    Yeah because humanity was free of hate before the Internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Alleria Windrunner View Post
    Exactly, I get insults for having an unpopular opinion. So what if I am obsessed with Alleria? There is nothing in the TOS that says that I cannot be obsessed with a certain character.
    It isn't about your shitty unpopular opinion, it is about your weaponized autism and cringe as well as your creepy/unhealthy obsession. I think you honestly need to seek help and I only needed to see a FEW of your posts to reach that conclusion.

It is like a shit asking why it is attracting so many flies.

You people should stop pretending that you know me, since I have been receiving insults since I first joined this forum, and I wasn't even named Alleria back then. Clearly, I am not roleplaying since I am not talking in first person.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyRockets View Post
    It isn't about your shitty unpopular opinion, it is about your weaponized autism and cringe as well as your creepy/unhealthy obsession. I think you honestly need to seek help and I only needed to see a FEW of your posts to reach that conclusion.

It is like a shit asking why it is attracting so many flies.
    I am not the sad nobody who is insulting people on the internet. How sad can your life be if you have to use such obscene words on the internet?
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2019-01-21 at 08:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because people on the internet(and alot of them on here aswel) think being in their safe space gives them the security needed to be assholes.
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru