No Cinematic at the end of the raid

title, i guess blizzard is pulling really pulling hots with WoW and moving devs to other projects, they didn't even bother finishing the story for the raid, Jaina just goes poof and no one knows what the fuck is going on

15+ Year Old Account
    Mythic only cinematic perhaps? (doubt it, but there is a numerical chance!)
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by NtflxnChill View Post
    title, i guess blizzard is pulling really pulling hots with WoW and moving devs to other projects, they didn't even bother finishing the story for the raid, Jaina just goes poof and no one knows what the fuck is going on
    Unless you see what exactly happens through the battle itself and dialogue afterward. Just because they don't have a cinematic doesn't mean they don't "finish the story."

Quote Originally Posted by Negan View Post
    I don't know how you make a cinematic out of that?
    A Vol'jin's-death-like cinematic for the Horde, showing all the Zandalari's rage and officializing their alliance with the Horde.
    A cinematic on the aftermath of the assault for the Alliance, showing Jaina (to know whether she's gravely wounded or 'tis but a scratch) and Mekkatorque with the Alliance leaders discussing about what happened

Or a neutral cinematic (but that can still be Mythic-only), showing that this burst of violence awakened something deep below the ocean or something in the Crucible of the Storms, dunno.

The current status of BoD's cinematics is lazy. The opening one is low af and doesn't feel like "war", more like "let's attack this outpost", and the Rastakhan's one feels way too short and eventless imo (yay, Talanji sad and Bwonsamdi doesn't care, nothing really happened and we didn't learn/witness anything of matter happening here).
    Last edited by Ophenia; 2019-01-24 at 07:56 AM.

Low quality bait, but how many more cinematics do you need in a raid?

Blizzard don't normally do cinematics for mid expansion raids, Legion was an exception - not the rule. ToT, BRF, Firelands etc didnt have cutscenes

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Negan View Post
    What did you think would happen? I know alliance people are celebrating it as a victory, but I wouldn't call sacrificing hundreds of soldiers, losing one leader of the alliance and watching Jaina scurry away in defeat as a decisive victory. Rastakhan is dead, and he wasn't part of the Horde. The alliance blew up half the Zandalari fleet which sucks, but they accomplished that in the opening cinematic of the raid. I don't know what their objective was, but if it was capturing the city, they failed. I don't know how you make a cinematic out of that?
    which leader of the alliance did they lose?

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    So Mekkatorque also doesn't die, but also flee?
    Not dead but he is encased in Ice, some kind of defense mechanic automatically triggered when he was about to die.

The alliance discussing it after the raid (I think that was from the PTR few weeks ago, don't know if that's still like that) :
    Jaina... was there nothing you could do for the High Tinker?
    No, I'm sorry. The mechanism used to freeze his body is unlike any of the magic I know.
    Anduin, is there nothing the Light can do?
    No. We tried. *sigh* We did have a victory despite the costs. I should celebrate with the others and yet...
    I think I understand.

On alliance side once you finish the quest for Rastakhan you get a nice story in Boralus, but thats about it. I am guessing cinematics will come in when we start dealing with old god stuff.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly we got two for Dazar'Alor, so I'm not upset about one being absent from the end of the raid.

If I had to guess the real end of tier isn't until the two boss raid in 8.1.5 that comes in a couple months. It's likely the true end of the tier and probably has the cinematic to setup 8.2.

We did get 2 cinematics for this raid though, which is nice.

I know that the 2 boss raid has an in game cutscene thingo, but it might have a big one at the end, because of the story threads involving it, it does seem to be a big moment.