Page 1 of 3
LastLast

The Witcher dev joined Blizzard and you still complain?

I thought you like to complain to make game better right?! So Blizzard did a great step forward and this '' community'' is still complaining, now tell me this isnt complainng just for sake of complainig? Hes an experienced dev who worked on CD Projekt Red for almost 13 years,The Witcher 2: Assassin of Kings, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt and Cyberpunk 2077. He worked as a dialogue writer, lead story designer, creative director, and narrative and settings director People act like they know **** please stick to your basements and stupid '' sinking ship'',' '' activision'' and' 'phone' ' jokes, thats all you got. Completely tierd of this community dear gooood

They can hire who they want but until we start seeing changes we have no reason to give them the benefit of the doubt, they burned that bridge a long time ago.

15+ Year Old Account
    What in the actual heck are you talking about? Do you have any evidence to discuss, or are you just here to vent because someone said something you disagreed with and you can't articulate a legitimate argument?

Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    They can hire who they want but until we start seeing changes we have no reason to give them the benefit of the doubt, they burned that bridge a long time ago.
    He just joined and you expect to see results already? But people were fast enough to bash him for joining blizz.........please

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    What in the actual heck are you talking about? Do you have any evidence to discuss, or are you just here to vent because someone said something you disagreed with and you can't articulate a legitimate argument?
    Stfu please.Check wowhead, wowhead fb fanpage and mmo.

I'm more worried about a potential great dev spoiled for the money than I'm encouraged to think that it will help Blizzard to right the ship.
    Witcher is a masterpiece, but that's because of storytelling, characters and worldbuilding, none of which are dev territories (and, save maybe some part of worldbuilding, none of which are also anything close to be Blizzard strength). It certainly isn't about game mechanics (which were somewhat average).

Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    games are not made by 1 person. wow or witcher 3

I dont care if he makes blizz sell 12 mil in the next expansion or not, the point is that you will keep complaining for the sake of complaining no matter what happens, , if its even a small step to right direction

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Popikaify View Post
    He just joined and you expect to see results already? But people were fast enough to bash him for joining blizz.........please

- - - Updated - - -

He just signed up apparently and we don't know on which game(s) he is going to work. It might be an attempt from blizz to do something about the godawful direction blizz is headed now, but blizz definitely does not deserve the benefit of the doubt with the shady marketing stunts they have been pulling. just calm down, we'll seen soon enough which team he joins and what he might be doing.
    'Something's awry.' -Duhgan 'Bel' beltayn

'A Man choses, a Slave obeys.' -Andrew Rayn

- - - Updated - - -

Slow down there, sport. The vast majority of people aren't bashing the man himself. Most of the concerns is that Blizzard isn't looking too hot right now, and his talent might end up wasted. Why don't you take a break from the internet for a bit? If you get worked up over every little thing some random asshole says, you'll kill yourself with the stress.
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    WoW is ending soon. Mark my words right here right now.
    They're shifting to a Diablo MMO and putting World of Warcraft on hold for the moment/a while.
    Prophet tikcol at your disposal any day, any time.
    Spoken by the great prophet on 6/29/17

Quote Originally Posted by Danuru View Post
    Slow down there, sport. The vast majority of people aren't bashing the man himself. Most of the concerns is that Blizzard isn't looking too hot right now, and his talent might end up wasted. Why don't you take a break from the internet for a bit? If you get worked up over every little thing some random asshole says, you'll kill yourself with the stress.
    Good advice, being part of this community for 13 years now and hearing all these complains for so many years is indeed stressful. Thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I’m not? I’ve been wanting them to hire a professional to do the narrative for their games for a while.

I just hope he’s on WoW’s team.

Like how adding award-winning writer Christie Golden was supposed to improve the game's writing?

I'll believe it when I see it.

Good advice, being part of this community for 13 years now and hearing all these complains for so many years is indeed stressful. Thanks
    My hair is thinning on top... that explains it!

Not at all, but I'm not going to expect results or changes based on this change and faith alone. Just like I don't preorder games.

I thought you like to complain to make game better right?! So Blizzard did a great step forward and this '' community'' is still complaining, now tell me this isnt complainng just for sake of complainig? Hes an experienced dev who worked on CD Projekt Red for almost 13 years,The Witcher 2: Assassin of Kings, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt and Cyberpunk 2077. He worked as a dialogue writer, lead story designer, creative director, and narrative and settings director People act like they know **** please stick to your basements and stupid '' sinking ship'',' '' activision'' and' 'phone' ' jokes, thats all you got. Completely tierd of this community dear gooood
    how the hell do I downvote this retarded post?
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

I dont care if he makes blizz sell 12 mil in the next expansion or not, the point is that you will keep complaining for the sake of complaining no matter what happens, , if its even a small step to right direction
    Says the guy who complains about the MMO-C community.

Why can't we complain about the current state of the lore if they just hired him? Even if his work will bring changes obviously it won't happen for a while

10+ Year Old Account
    Let me get this right:

We're not supposed to complain, because Blizzard hired a dev from The Witcher. And even though we haven't seen his impact on the game, nor do we even know which game he'll be assigned to, we're not supposed to point that out because it's unreasonable to expect results so early?

You've just constructed an extremely disingenuous framework buddy. It sounds like you're complaining about justified complainers, for the sake of complaining.

I'm glad you're happy about the current game's state,but that doesn't mean,that only your opinion is the correct. In a current state,Activision can hire the best writers in the world - with their approach of things "invest less and grab the cash more",they will make sure to look his name stupid - even despite his huge success in the past. All the game is about now is adding bunch of recolors of old races and presenting it as one of the main features of the expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't worry, they will assign this dev to a new mobile cash grab and not to WoW.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-