Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

So,what other games do you play,while the World of Warcraft is at this state?

It doesn't matter if you do or don't have an active subscription - what games do play at the moment?

I currently don't have an active subscription and I'm playing a variety of games. First,I wanted to try Diablo - I never played anything from that genre,but my friends talked me out of this - they said the game is dead,and so I figured that spending 30 EUR for the game itself and expansion would be a waste of money. So I started playing Path of Exile - the game is quite fun,the community is huge. I also am playing a bit of Rockstar games - decided to walkthrough the Max Payne 3 on higher difficulty,consider to buy GTA V.

Considered to play Heroes of the Storm,but I remembered how unbalanced the game is and how trying to play through the looking for group without the premade can ruin your evening. Hearthstone is a pay to win and I don't think I will ever play it again.

The truth is that for years I played mainly World of Warcraft. My subscription was active even through the most of WoD (mainly because of the garrison mission tables and the fact,that I played for free). What World of Warcraft is now...well,the state of a game is bad.

So,what games do you play and are you planning to resub in this expansion?

Currently doing another play through of Witcher 3. After that I'm planning to give Divinity: Original Sin 2 a go. Downloaded it ages ago but never had the impetus to try it. I would love to get back into swtor, but the latency from Australia makes it impossible.

Tons of tabletop. DnD, Pathfinder, Call of Cthulhu, etc. Those kinds of games make for a way more fun and interesting social experience than an MMO ever could. I also play A few steam games and buy new ones during sales. I wouldn't say i'm subbed to WoW, but I buy the occasional 200kg WoW token or $15 month when new content patches show up or whenever I feel like playing.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felixon View Post
    It doesn't matter if you do or don't have an active subscription - what games do play at the moment?
    No others, actually. Beside the deceptive "at this state", there're a lot of things to do in World of Warcraft, even for veterans. So I enjoy spending my free time playing it.

First,I wanted to try Diablo - I never played anything from that genre,but my friends talked me out of this - they said the game is dead,and so I figured that spending 30 EUR for the game itself and expansion would be a waste of money.
    Yeah, maybe 30€ for Diablo is quite a lot right now.

Hearthstone is a pay to win and I don't think I will ever play it again.
    False. You can easely build a budget deck and climb till Legend if you're good enough. I've never spent a single penny in the game and I got the best possible decks with 3 classes doing only the dailies. Stop with this no-sense that is "Hearthstone is P2W".

Quote Originally Posted by MasterMirror View Post
    False. You can easely build a budget deck and climb till Legend if you're good enough. I've never spent a single penny in the game and I got the best possible decks with 3 classes doing only the dailies. Stop with this no-sense that is "Hearthstone is P2W".
    I don't get why people are mad about it because this is how card games work by design since the start of all card games, physical or non-physical. Not sure how you would design a card game without what they claim is p2w :/.

getting back into fighting games, yoshimitsu is insane in soulcal6, but azwel is a blender of a change-up.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterMirror View Post
    No others, actually. Beside the deceptive "at this state", there're a lot of things to do in World of Warcraft, even for veterans. So I enjoy spending my free time playing it.

Yeah, maybe 30€ for Diablo is quite a lot right now.

If you're happy with the current state of the games - i'm happy for you. About the Hearthstone - perhaps,I never played that game properly in way,that I don't like to disenchant the legendaries,that were so difficult to collect,and thus,I can't exchange the dusts for the cards,that are good in current expansion,but will be a total garbage in the next.

I don't like the Hearstone because you can't be creative - you can create all the decks you want,but in the end,there are 5-6 decks,that everyone uses and you won't get anywhere with the card deck you created on your own.
    Last edited by Felixon; 2019-01-28 at 07:45 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    on PC I'm currently playing Guild Wars 2 and PoE, and on my PS4 I'm playing God of War (rather slowly because I'm a lazy ass xD really need to finish it so I can get on with Red Dead Redemption 2).

10+ Year Old Account
    World of Warcraft
    Overwatch
    Random Final Fantasy choices
    Visiting other more terminal MMO's
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I still play a lot of WoW. But I also play: Smash Bros Ultimate, Injustice 2, Diablo 3 (PC and Xbox), WWE Supercard, Mario Kart 8 and a myriad of older games such as Tony Hawk 3, Super Mario World, Diablo 1, Starcraft ect.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    I don't get why people are mad about it because this is how card games work by design since the start of all card games, physical or non-physical. Not sure how you would design a card game without what they claim is p2w :/.
    not rely on an out-dated predatory model that is barely better then lootboxes.
    initially i was excited since they were going to allow us to disenchant cards for mats to make other cards.
    then i actually played it and saw the rate at which they give you mats and extra cards for mats, throttling natural progression to incentivize purchasing it is nothing new.

I have unsubbed because i consider the game is not worth a single € in its current state.
    So, i'm currently playing mainly Stellaris, Starbound and Star Control: Origins
    Sorry for my english!

10+ Year Old Account
    While I am still playing WoW, it's getting to the stage where i'm getting pissed off at the amount of stuff that you need to do to keep up with others. Farming azerite every day for example isn't fun, I want to be able to take a break without feeling as though I have crippled myself.

On topic though, I'm playing Dota 2 and have just started playing Stellaris again along with a little bit of Crusader Kings 2.
    Speciation Is Gradual

Quote Originally Posted by Malikath View Post
    not rely on an out-dated predatory model that is barely better then lootboxes.
    initially i was excited since they were going to allow us to disenchant cards for mats to make other cards.
    then i actually played it and saw the rate at which they give you mats and extra cards for mats, throttling natural progression to incentivize purchasing it is nothing new.
    Which model would that be? Part of the charm with TCG is card packs. I played MTG for quite a while, buying packs is something we all enjoyed and then traded.

Been at Skyrim for a couple of months now, with Overwatch and HotS on the side. Probably re-subbing to WoW when Nazjatar goes live.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Which model would that be? Part of the charm with TCG is card packs. I played MTG for quite a while, buying packs is something we all enjoyed and then traded.
    I'm sure Skinner's rat's enjoyed pushing that button to.
    the only things that make card packs better is you're buying something real, and you at least have an idea of what you'll get.
    that however doesn't make the model good in any way, shape, or form or any less predatory considering the black lotus card from MTG.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still play WoW, but I don't enjoy it as much as prior expansions, but still good enough.

I have however started playing more HotS, and Diablo 3 recently. I have more games to play if I feel like it. ^^

Overwatch, also some Civ6, cities skylines also

Playing through the swtor class stories ( Have 6 to go through)
    Playing Battlefront 2 for about 30-45mins a day (its a fun shooter but shame the playerbase is dead I'm restricted to just 2 game modes at peak and only 1 during low)
    Bought The Division(never played it) and Yakuza 0 from humble bundle monthly for $12 so I plan to play that until Anthem comes out (got it for free with my rtx purchase). Play Anthem for a month or two until The Division 2 comes out.

That's the plan for now.