Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Blame players that uses metric for doing basically anything in the game.
    what came first? the game or the players? the world will never know.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    what came first? the game or the players? the world will never know.
    the game wasn't metric heavy until players started to use metrics for everything

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    the game wasn't metric heavy until players started to use metrics for everything
    and the game was far better when the devs was worried about a good game and not artificial ways to keep people logged in.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    and the game was far better when the devs was worried about a good game and not artificial ways to keep people logged in.
    yeah and the reason why they did was because players demanded perfect balance which means metrics will drive changes.

Shaman is in a great spot right now, all the current content has a place for us, we have a harder time healing M+ but we excel at healing PvP, we are middle of the pack on most fights in the current content.

Strength of Earth effectiveness reduced by 30%.
    Thunderaan’s Fury totem spawn chance reduced to 8% (was 10%).

ack.. thats going to really hurt enhancement's rockbiter builds and Thunderaan’s Fury is really low rng chance already! Can't understand Blizzard's thinking at all with that one.
    Last edited by Razaron; 2019-01-29 at 03:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    What people tend to forget is "feedback" is only that, the company has literally zero obligation to view it as gospel and take said feedback to heart and make changes accordingly.

I say this as someone not thinking her class is very well designed in BfA. My feels =/= their numbers and feedback given from others that might not even agree with me, some probably including developers themselves.

But just to harken back to the original point since classes always had these crowds and discussions: Major class overhauls not happening in patches is NOT new as of BfA, so excluding it from the usual "worst expac evah according to x subgroups based on y metrics"-song is probably wise.
    The Shaman overhaul is not a "patch" overhaul. It was the BFA pre-expansion overhaul that they didn't finish in time. So they promised (or at least heavily insinuated) it would come out 8.1 and it didn't. I don't think people are being overly dramatic at all. The Shaman class was basically pushed aside until next expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Shaman is in a great spot right now, all the current content has a place for us, we have a harder time healing M+ but we excel at healing PvP, we are middle of the pack on most fights in the current content.
    Shamans are pretty much unanimously seen as the worst PvP healer atm.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    I mean your basing your argument on the fact that WoW is still heavily played, which you have 0 data for.
    "Blizzard had 37 million MAUs in the quarter. World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth set a new day-one
    franchise record with more than 3.4 million units sold-through. World of Warcraft engagement grew strongly
    quarter-over-quarter."

Directly from their financial report. BFA is heavily played.

Quote Originally Posted by Weeps View Post
    I agree up to a point. I want them to abandon BfA and go full steam ahead with the next expansion
    From the sounds of it 8.2 will be a like a new expansion since the major Heart of Azeroth rework is on its way, it is essentially becoming like the Legion artifact weapons with trees and what not, kinda how we said they should have done it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by barrsftw View Post
    "Blizzard had 37 million MAUs in the quarter. World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth set a new day-one
    franchise record with more than 3.4 million units sold-through. World of Warcraft engagement grew strongly
    quarter-over-quarter."

Directly from their financial report. BFA is heavily played.
    For a few months by the majority and people who are taking long breaks in-between. Honestly if Blizzard is going to continue charging for Expansions they need to toss in a good 4-6 months of game time with that purchase to make it worth our while or like me and many others we will become more selective when we are willing to shill out cash for time or gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    For a few months by the majority and people who are taking long breaks in-between. Honestly if Blizzard is going to continue charging for Expansions they need to toss in a good 4-6 months of game time with that purchase to make it worth our while or like me and many others we will become more selective when we are willing to shill out cash for time or gold.
    For sure. Looking at the typical post expansion launch numbers, it's usually a steady decline in subs throughout the expansion until it spikes again for the future-expansion patch. I could definitely see them giving 1 month free game-time with a sub, but I'd be surprised if they gave much more than that.

Honestly, when I saw the number tuning enh got, for me it was the straw that broke the camel’s back. I've been playing since vanilla (yeah yeah, call me entitled) and BFA is the first expansion that made me genuinely angry enough to quit. The whole azerite system, the endless grinds, including for allied races, the not so fun new content, etc. But the thing with shams / enh... Yeah that made me quit.

I hope blizz get their stuff together (or leave activision soon) because I've loved this game for a long time. Now, I just feel tired of it like it's some never ending chore. Yes it's an MMO. Yes, grinds are expected... but this is the first time I feel that bad about it.

Enh is not even that bad gameplay wise... but the way they talked about it and lead us on... I'm sorry but that's a no. I preferred the BC->WoD gameplay. Even though it had it's issues, specially in WoD, I liked the liberty it had. Now we can't do much without maelstrom... FT is part of the rotation although it's super boring. I like the focus on stormstrike and I think the maelstrom ressource is, in itself, good. Although it should be closer to how it was at the end of WoD with the last tier bonus than the current feast/famine thing that does't let us do anything.