Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
... LastLast
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Terion View Post
    Anyway our class has to be deleted after wotlk, the same as dh after Legion, because Lich King fall, Sargeras fall... We did our job... Last few years starting to hate my lovely class. How soon I can play it? Pushing orange logs to beat dps of tanks and dead teammates its so much fun.... Craft more pigs for shop blizz... World of moneycraft
    LMAO, I agree but I think DKs were deleted already TBH. If you go back to what DKs started as in WotLK and what they are now? It's easily the most neutered class in the game. I'm not even sure the current Dev team even likes DKs.

  2. #42
    good news for Unholy atleast its creeping up on Frost as more and more people get there 5 ring azerite, as expected. It doesnt seem like they put any thought into our Azerite traits outside of Frostwryms Indignation which has a nice conceptual design but really:

    Icy Citadel? YES! because what i want more than anything else is for a trait that basically kicks in after BoS is down
    Frozen Tempest? honestly why doesnt this just increase Rime Proc chance by 10% and deal additional X dmg
    Echoing Howl? conceptually not a bad trait just undertuned for dmg
    Killer Frost? you should work with BoS
    Latent Chill? you should work with BoS

    They have gone out of there way to try and stop any of our traits from having synergy with BoS.... But they also nerfed BoS in 8.1? its like there trying to make the spec not work within its own talents selections.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Baddok21 View Post
    good news for Unholy atleast its creeping up on Frost as more and more people get there 5 ring azerite, as expected. It doesnt seem like they put any thought into our Azerite traits outside of Frostwryms Indignation which has a nice conceptual design but really:
    This.

    While going steady to 400 ilvl my dominant frost spec, was overtaken by unholy allready with a solid +4% DPS without bis traits. Double traits are really killing both DK specs, since the gap to any other class gets bigger and bigger.

    If raiding with a DK is your only choices playing the game, its either quit HC/mythic raiding or quit the game at this point. Death Knight is not only the most undertuned class right now at patchwerk fights and even more handicapped with the DK spec mechanics but it is the only class without any use for a raid/group. Worst DPS and worst melee DPS, zero raid buffs, zero raidwide survivability, zero raid DPS toolkit (multidot / burst / execute / range) and this is without the mentioning for mobility issues or the lack of a raidwide buff as compensation. At this point its a good sign if you see a raidgroup without any DK spec and thats just sad.

  4. #44
    Strongest class in M+ really? You have nothing to complain. Look at mages. Worst class EU.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    Strongest class in M+ really? You have nothing to complain. Look at mages. Worst class EU.
    I don't know whats even wrong with you.


  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    This.

    While going steady to 400 ilvl my dominant frost spec, was overtaken by unholy allready with a solid +4% DPS without bis traits. Double traits are really killing both DK specs, since the gap to any other class gets bigger and bigger.

    If raiding with a DK is your only choices playing the game, its either quit HC/mythic raiding or quit the game at this point. Death Knight is not only the most undertuned class right now at patchwerk fights and even more handicapped with the DK spec mechanics but it is the only class without any use for a raid/group. Worst DPS and worst melee DPS, zero raid buffs, zero raidwide survivability, zero raid DPS toolkit (multidot / burst / execute / range) and this is without the mentioning for mobility issues or the lack of a raidwide buff as compensation. At this point its a good sign if you see a raidgroup without any DK spec and thats just sad.
    You can raid mythic and HC fine with a frost DK.
    Still have that huge burst with BoS and Chains of Ice and frostwyrms fury.
    For mobility you can basically cheese most mechanics with deaths advance.
    Azerite traits could be better to support current BoS play.

  7. #47
    Warchief msdos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    2,047
    The only thing I have going for me as Unholy in raid right now is Last Surprise burst on pull and abnormal sustained survivability, almost like a tiny BDK.

    I think everyone is secretly waiting for them to address Army of the Dead and Breath of Sindragosa, but Blizzard just refuses to do it. So that's basically the mentality of most of the DK community, careless and care-free and playing a BDK most likely, since BDK isn't either of the latter. Now that's a pigeon-hole if I ever saw one.

    If they were just gonna double down on our strengths, I would say just make the Abom and Lichborne pvp talents baseline to the spec. They slow us down and leash us, but they drastically increase our damage and survivability. Isn't that what they want??? The rules on what constitutes a PVP talent and what cons. a PVE talent make no sense at this point and are just holding the class back on a whole, it's so obvious when you look at DK.

  8. #48


    Jesus fucking Christ...

  9. #49
    The Insane FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    18,929
    Quote Originally Posted by Galathir View Post
    Hi, just checked out Warcraftlogs and while these numbers are subject to change due to a relatively small sample size compared to Uldir what the hell happened?

    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/21/

    Last I checked FDK was king in Uldir (dmgwise) and now both Frost and Unholy are pretty far down making DKs the worst dps-class once again (closely followed by monks).
    "Dk's rock bottom again"
    mages are below.
    enhance shammy below
    2/3 hunter specs below
    so no Dk's are not rock bottom.
    also i think you fail to realize how minoir of a difference these usually are.


    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Bmfstunner View Post
    LMAO, I agree but I think DKs were deleted already TBH. If you go back to what DKs started as in WotLK and what they are now? It's easily the most neutered class in the game. I'm not even sure the current Dev team even likes DKs.
    you mean back in wotlk when they were the strongest class in the game and literal gods? yeah maybe dont try to pretend like nerfing a class that could solo bosses 3 levels higher then them was a good class...

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Thelyron View Post


    Jesus fucking Christ...
    where did you get that chart?
    cause it is VERY, VERY different then the chart the Op linked
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Azerite is absolutely RNG you are right. You have no idea what traits will be on that piece you got from a random source until you roll it. I've literally had a Warfront piece that had the "opposite faction" passive and no passive/proc for my spec but it did for the other 2.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    Please, define "all the time" lol
    are you stupid?
    Never believe you have seen the peak of human stupidity and ignorance, or you will constantly be surprised by the new levels the reach almost every day

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    "Dk's rock bottom again"
    mages are below.
    enhance shammy below
    2/3 hunter specs below
    so no Dk's are not rock bottom.
    also i think you fail to realize how minoir of a difference these usually are.
    What you fail to realize is that you are quoting a post that is several weeks old when numbers were looking quite different than today, as I myself acknowledged in the post you quoted.
    [...] and while these numbers are subject to change due to a relatively small sample size [...]
    Not as if the numbers currently were a lot better. The only class that is worse off are mages.
    Last edited by Galathir; 2019-02-10 at 06:04 PM.

  12. #52
    If your a DK and your not blood you go right to the trash can.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by slickwilly View Post
    If your a DK and your not blood you go right to the trash can.
    If you're bad, you go right to the trash can.

    Anyway, stop crying. The difference in DPS between the 2nd class and last is only 13%. I'm fine with Spriest being top because this spec is horrible to play. I'll always play a DK because they're fun to play. But it seems like there are a lot of people who find a class fun is because of their DPS only.

    I feel sad for them. They don't even know what's fun anymore. I wonder if they'd still say that if we deleted all the DPS meters.

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    See just bring back Blood DPS and DK 's will be king once again.
    i liked it, it was so simple lol

  15. #55
    I don't think DKs are bad right now, but they're not doing the best because most of the fights are spread cleave and we just don't bring much. DKs excelled in Uldir because of our ability to cleave

    CotL: Spread Cleave
    Grong: Spread Cleave
    Jadefire: Spread Cleave
    Opulence: YAY WE CAN CLEAVE
    Conclave: Spread Cleave
    Rasta: Spread Cleave
    Mekka: No Cleave
    Stormwall: Spread Cleave
    Jaina: Spread Cleave

  16. #56
    The Insane FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    18,929
    Quote Originally Posted by Galathir View Post
    What you fail to realize is that you are quoting a post that is several weeks old when numbers were looking quite different than today, as I myself acknowledged in the post you quoted.


    Not as if the numbers currently were a lot better. The only class that is worse off are mages.
    sorry did not notice it was not holding true.
    also mages... and hunters...

    Hunters have 1 between the dk specs, but their other 2 are the lowest on the list.
    and enhance shammy, but they can go elemental if they want so yeah abit unfair to say them.

    but nah dk is 3/12 and again these numbers are so close it really does not change too too much, there will always be a bottom, go back to comic for just realism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Azerite is absolutely RNG you are right. You have no idea what traits will be on that piece you got from a random source until you roll it. I've literally had a Warfront piece that had the "opposite faction" passive and no passive/proc for my spec but it did for the other 2.

  17. #57
    Warchief msdos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    2,047
    Opulence is the only fight where I'm allowed to do damage as Unholy. Blighted Rune Weapon wouldn't save this spec now, nothing would.

    I mean look at everything at the bottom. Notice a pattern? None of them have a lot of DoTs or cleave that is/applies a DoT or synergy between DoTs and anything. (Unholy has DoTs that might as well not be there, they have synergy with nothing and you don't spec Epidemic in raid. Frost and BDK both have pointless dots.)

    Fire mage might as well be deleted as a spec because Blizzard doesn't allow it to function in PVP or PVE because of how the 2 are segregated. Survival is a laughing stock and Enhancement isn't allowed to do damage due to PVP it seems. Only certain classes have a robust toolkit AND can do damage, not all of them and classes won't be addressed until another expansion lol.

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    Opulence is the only fight where I'm allowed to do damage as Unholy. Blighted Rune Weapon wouldn't save this spec now, nothing would.

    I mean look at everything at the bottom. Notice a pattern? None of them have a lot of DoTs or cleave that is/applies a DoT or synergy between DoTs and anything. (Unholy has DoTs that might as well not be there, they have synergy with nothing and you don't spec Epidemic in raid. Frost and BDK both have pointless dots.)

    Fire mage might as well be deleted as a spec because Blizzard doesn't allow it to function in PVP or PVE because of how the 2 are segregated. Survival is a laughing stock and Enhancement isn't allowed to do damage due to PVP it seems. Only certain classes have a robust toolkit AND can do damage, not all of them and classes won't be addressed until another expansion lol.
    TBH warlocks and priests are toping even pure ST fight like mekka its not just a multidotting issue the balance is just bad.

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    Only certain classes have a robust toolkit AND can do damage, not all of them and classes won't be addressed until another expansion lol.
    I don't think this will get changed. LEGION's killing of most DK players was continued into BfA with zero changes.

    "Army of the Dead" with the 8min cooldown is competing with 1-2minute cooldowns from other classes. Thats the real issue.
    The failed wound system from LEGION survived the BfA pruning for no reason - WoD's huge DK community basicly died out in LEGION, with Antorus/Aggramar lack of DK players pretty much showed at the end that most DK players allready left the class, since guilds couldnt even find ANY DK's for the fight even with lowered-ilvl/skill/xp requirement. It was sad to watch known DK ranking players with hundred of days played on the class disappearing after LEGION'S-EN.

    Unholy was allways enjoyable when AotD was a DPS-negative and the spec was balanced without it. I don't think we will get that balance back, blizzard will just keep this AotD+wound shitshow rolling till nobody even touches unholy as a main spec anymore.

    Frost on the other hand was never a real choice to play as main DPS spec, it was for the majority of its existence a stupid spam spec (masterfrost) or an even worse variant with 2h-frost - no rune choices, 2 buttons to press. LEGION's late BoS-iterration is the only thing frost ever got and BoS for itself is pretty situational and the punishment for highly situational abilities as the only choice is what frost players have to deal with it right now.

    In the whole time I play this class since WotLK - with solid 600 days /played - the current iterration for both DPS specs is the worst I ever saw. At any time, when a spec was broken (missing ARP scalling, pet bugs, spec bugs, pvp bugs) you could at least switch to the other spec, because one was allways somewhat solid and balanced. Right now both specs are highly limited compared to EVERY OTHER SPEC RANGE OR MELEE mechanically AND in tuning.

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Sometimes you're king sometimes you're shit.. stop crying... you can't be top of the charts all the time. End of story.
    The class was designed to be one the hardest hitting in the game with the tradeoff being that we're slow...now we don't excel anywhere. Realistically speaking Death knights should always be near the top; it hurts even more when raids are designed to be catered to ranged.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •