Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackBoss View Post
    The wound mechanic is actually pretty annoying. Would love to go back to a dot/pet centered spec.
    It's why I won't play unholy anymore....It was perfectly fine in WoD and even MoP....Why the changed it from those iterations I'll never know.

Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    If you don't do M+, then yeah, I can see why you look at Unholy as not good in PVE. If you're guildless and surrounded by koolaid drinkers, then you may struggle with Unholy, people take stigma in this game and really run away with it.

But if you're actually able to perform in a high key, people will be blown away by the numbers and the utility. You still add grip to the group, 2 stuns and people don't talk about how good chains of ice is on necrotic week until they see someone using chains on every single mob to help the tank kite.
    Unholy utility blows myself away. I feel like I'm getting away with something too good to be true.

It's weird to me how they do this, but then they nerf Frost's pvp toolkit in the name of M+ balance. Without the stuns, Frost is unplayable in PVP. Frost also becomes more useless in PVP the more central BoS becomes.. It's a disaster.
    It does have great utility it just sucks that melee spots you are competing for are basically a Rogue and a Demon Hunter. In almost every scenario I would rather take the Rogue/DH pair for shroud + 5% magic debuff/AoE Stun than the Unholy DK, which sucks because I predominantly play Unholy

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    It does have great utility it just sucks that melee spots you are competing for are basically a Rogue and a Demon Hunter. In almost every scenario I would rather take the Rogue/DH pair for shroud + 5% magic debuff/AoE Stun than the Unholy DK, which sucks because I predominantly play Unholy
    People taking Rogues into dungeons just for shroud is annoying AF. That ability should not have been added to the game, at least not for PVE, you know for sure they are balancing around it, which is retarded.
    What's the point of the game then if people just ignore the existence of the other classes? The philosophy of the game is regressing.

People taking Rogues into dungeons just for shroud is annoying AF. That ability should not have been added to the game, at least not for PVE, you know for sure they are balancing around it, which is retarded.
    What's the point of the game then if people just ignore the existence of the other classes? The philosophy of the game is regressing.
    I know, I agree. Having abilities that shave off minutes of a dungeon are almost mandatory for any serious run.

Keyboard Turner
    5+ Year Old Account
    Ee, it`s really joke I think

Quote Originally Posted by JavelinJoe View Post
    I actually love the wound mechanic, as long as the wounds arent RNG. I think the DOT is has is fine, and pet specs are boring, id rather have something to player manage than have my pet automatically do things for me.

Think UH is in the best state its ever been in, legion/BfA mechanics wise.
    Different strokes my friend...I loved festerblight during Throne of Thunder.

Quote Originally Posted by JavelinJoe View Post
    Indeed, I think what I hated was the old soul reaper, it kinda reminded me of colossus smash, like a super critical repetetive essentially short CD, I just didnt like it.
    The execute part was not bad and pretty funny in PvP. I did not like the amount of execute damage the spec had because the content was made for quick burst phases at the beginning of a fight. Sadly when the spec was changed from heavy execute damage to normalized we had content for execute specs to shine at. Sometimes you never win.
    -

15+ Year Old Account
    The pruning absolutely destroyed DK ability to deal damage globally, across all specs, all builds.
    No diseases, no pestilence, no baseline breath, no execute soul reaper, no baseline ghoul and blood has been getting it's damaged gutted in every beta, before live even hits. They've needed rounds of buffs to basically all abilities every patch, death coil gets buffed like 2-3 times an expansion now.

The list of things Blood isn't allowed to have is staggering, like in Legion we weren't allowed to have active mitigation? IBF had to be added in later, then a talent for it later after that. Blood hasn't been allowed to deal damage since Vengeance. Blood Drinker got changed like 6 times since Legion beta. Not allowed to have mobility. Not allowed to have too much armor, don't have too much parry. Basically just don't do anything but taunt, auto attack and self heal and correct me if I'm wrong, that's basically all you do now? I dunno, I switched to Unholy for raids so I can actually have fun and press more than 2 buttons.

/End rant.
    Last edited by msdos; 2019-07-02 at 03:57 PM.

I was thinking of coming back but I see Blood still hasn't resurfaced in any meaningful way after the tank revolt against Blood DK towards the end of season 1. Blizzard's take at balance continues to amaze and impress.

...I switched to Unholy for raids so I can actually have fun and press more than 2 buttons...
    Please excuse me if I am mistaken, but weren't you an avid Frost/BoS supporter?

15+ Year Old Account
    Nah, I never really raided as BoS in Legion, not possible I could have supported it, unless I was talking about frostscythe in M+. Blood or Unholy all the way.

Frost (icecap) is really gear dependent, doubt I'll be able to use it this raid tier.