Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1

    Free T-Shirt Day Micro-Holiday, Flying Pig Mount, Method Streaming Progression

    Free T-Shirt Day Micro-Holiday on Patch 8.1.5 PTR
    The Free T-Shirt Day Micro-Holiday is now active on the PTR.

    • An NPC marked on your map with a rare mob icon wanders around either The Valley of Honor (Orgrimmar) or the Dwarven District (Stormwind).
    • The NPC carries a t-shirt gun and periodically launches one. A t-shirt appears on the ground that becomes clickable.
    • Clicking the shirt gives you either:
      • A blue item called "Free T-Shirt" that visually removes the upper portions of your armor to expose the shirt you are wearing underneath. You can only use this item if you are wearing a shirt in the slot.
      • A variety of cosmetic shirts




    China - Flying Pig Mount
    JiangWing spotted a flying pig mount promo posted early on the WoW China site. This is likely the encrypted pig mount that was added in Patch 8.1.



    Method Will Stream Dazar'alor Mythic World First Raid
    Method announced that they will once again stream their raids for the race to world first next week!



    Limit Guild Faction Changes to Alliance
    Limit has faction changed to Alliance and renamed their guild to "this game is bad."



    Creative Director for Cyberpunk 2077 Joins Blizzard
    Gameinformer recently posted about Stępień's LinkedIn leaving CD Projekt Red after 12 years for Blizzard. He was the Creative Director for Cyberpunk 2077 and is now the Creative Director for something at Blizzard.


  2. #2
    Herald of the Titans Nordheim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    The Nordics
    Posts
    2,965
    Well, that mount will shut up those who say ''When pigs can fly!''

  3. #3
    Nice try Limit, lmao spending 5k+ to still lose the race, imagine that.
    Last edited by snackfeat; 2019-01-25 at 08:22 PM.

  4. #4
    Pit Lord Sigxy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Your heart!
    Posts
    2,298
    That is... an interesting name for a guild...!

  5. #5
    Not sure if this speaks to the state of the game or myself, but that pig mount would keep my sub!

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by churchryn View Post
    Not sure if this speaks to the state of the game or myself, but that pig mount would keep my sub!
    It’ll keep my sub when pigs fly... oh wait

  7. #7
    Just waiting that Blizzard fucks up this and only first one can pickup that shirt when there is shitload of people trying to get it

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by vipers View Post
    Just waiting that Blizzard fucks up this and only first one can pickup that shirt when there is shitload of people trying to get it
    Even if it is for more than one (can easily see blizzard making it first person only) the hassle of trying to click it with so many people will be a nightmare anyway.

  9. #9
    The Lightbringer DesoPL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Hell...
    Posts
    3,468
    Stępień you filthy...


  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by snackfeat View Post
    Nice try Limit, lmao spending 5k+ to still lose the race, imagine that.
    You cannot spend gold on server transfers, you have to convert it to battle.net balance first. Battle.net balance is a representation of real world money. No matter how you slice it, a lot of money was spent.

  11. #11
    Americans not understanding how the system works. Nothing unusual as always.

  12. #12
    The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    The Lookout
    Posts
    20,320
    Quote Originally Posted by snackfeat View Post
    Nice try Limit, lmao spending 5k+ to still lose the race, imagine that.
    Yeah kind of hilarious "LOL WE DIDN'T SPEND $5k" yeah but the people who you traded Gold for B.net balance did.

    Ironically Blizzard would've made less Money if they spent the 5K themselves, since they get a $5 cut between token and B.net balance.

  13. #13
    The Lightbringer SinR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    My Own Personal Hell
    Posts
    3,521
    I forgot, doesn't faction and/or server transferring disqualify you from firsts?

    I could be wrong it could just be Server Transfers.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Mivoc View Post
    You cannot spend gold on server transfers, you have to convert it to battle.net balance first. Battle.net balance is a representation of real world money. No matter how you slice it, a lot of money was spent.

    A friend of mine has millions of wow gold from years of playing. He buys everything on the bnet launcher just because he can. Unless he sells gold or bnet balance in ways that are against the ToS, that gold is no way similar to real world money. There is nothing left for him to purchase with it.

  15. #15
    I wish they would have gotten Asmon to do the shoutcasting for Method. When he was doing it, it was actually really good and about the only time I've ever really enjoyed him outside non-character interviews.

    Still, I like the folks they got as well. I'll enjoy the stream while I work

    Flying pig mount, Jealous. Love me a silly mount.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    I forgot, doesn't faction and/or server transferring disqualify you from firsts?

    I could be wrong it could just be Server Transfers.
    Realm firsts I believe. World first isn't anything official from blizzard so not affected.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by snackfeat View Post
    Nice try Limit, lmao spending 5k+ to still lose the race, imagine that.
    I'll never get this mentality. Why are they the bad guys exactly?

    A top guild went alliance. That hasn't been the case in a long time. Alliance had an edge, and players chose it. That is only a bad thing when it leads to mass faction changes like horde racials caused years ago.

  18. #18
    The Lightbringer SinR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    My Own Personal Hell
    Posts
    3,521
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Realm firsts I believe. World first isn't anything official from blizzard so not affected.
    Except for the Hall of Fame
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

    Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I Have Shadowlands Beta. Woo?
    Let me know when Transfers are on Beta

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    They're not bad guys. I assure you, most of us are just pointing and laughing that they spent an equivalent of $5k USD to do it. It's just flat out ridiculous to be that desperate, and then name your guild "this game is bad".

    boy, I bet they're an edgy bunch. Especially after reading that moronic tweet.
    Except as others have stated, they spent zero, zip, zilch, nada, nothing! They used in game gold. Other people foot the bill with purcahsing wow tokens and the like and in b.net balance; however, the guild members themselves paid nothing out of their own pockets except a monthly fee while they sold things like raid clears, mounts, and other stuff.
    Trying to laugh at them for not spending money is ludicrous and dumb.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    They're not bad guys. I assure you, most of us are just pointing and laughing that they spent an equivalent of $5k USD to do it. It's just flat out ridiculous to be that desperate, and then name your guild "this game is bad".

    boy, I bet they're an edgy bunch. Especially after reading that moronic tweet.
    They're not saying "furk blizz, they didn't get a dime off us", they're saying "we aren't $5k poorer from all those faction transfers".

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •