Thread: Wildfire

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Wildfire

is this the best trait for fire now over blaster master?

Quote Originally Posted by Edorasthegamer View Post
    is this the best trait for fire now over blaster master?
    https://bloodmallet.com/index.html#m...tacking&tier=3
    Quote Originally Posted by WyriHaximus
    We are battling big ass dragons, huge fire elementals, gone mad paladins and you worry about something small like this?

Wildfire is the best trait in single target. It's obviously less good in AoE (what serish linked) because you don't typically use Pyroblast in AoE situations.

Barrage of Many Bombs for AOE is really awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see some nice numbers with Wildfire+Pyroclasm.
    Thoughts?

:thinking:

Best to look at that too, not just the stacking list. The first trait is pretty strong. Also the stacking list makes the Engineering ones look horrible because you can't stack them.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    :thinking:

Best to look at that too, not just the stacking list. The first trait is pretty strong. Also the stacking list makes the Engineering ones look horrible because you can't stack them.
    Engi helm looks to be BIS for aoe and still be a good helm for ST imo. My engineering will finally pay off.

Anyone did the math on 3x Wildfire and 3x Blaster Master? I feel like the combustion burst will be out of this world.
    Last edited by Elidan456; 2018-12-26 at 02:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gavran View Post
    Thoughts?
    Some people are logging well with that in Uldir. Personally I only have one trait and meteor still sims better so I won't try it yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by halfawake View Post
    Some people are logging well with that in Uldir. Personally I only have one trait and meteor still sims better so I won't try it yet.
    So, you think 2xwildfire is mandatory for taking pyroclasm?

So, you think 2xwildfire is mandatory for taking pyroclasm?
    1xPyroclasm sims higher for my gear, although I lack high ilevel mastery gear(385 with mastery gear vs 388 with crit/haste).

I am not sure I trust bloodmallet - for example, if you look at Demonology warlock it has both Archive of the Titans and Laser Matrix as higher dps at 5 Reorigination Array stacks than at 10 stacks, which makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Ham on Rye View Post
    I am not sure I trust bloodmallet - for example, if you look at Demonology warlock it has both Archive of the Titans and Laser Matrix as higher dps at 5 Reorigination Array stacks than at 10 stacks, which makes no sense.
    /facepalm...

10+ Year Old Account
    Thoughts?
    Pyroclasm is extremely random for me. Sometimes it does not proc for minutes. While it might be marginally better on sims, I would choose Meteor just for consistency.

Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    Pyroclasm is extremely random for me. Sometimes it does not proc for minutes. While it might be marginally better on sims, I would choose Meteor just for consistency.
    I also tried Pyroclasm, I was utterly disappointed with the randomness in the skill. You can't time it, which made it hardly usable with runes. I might have not played enough with it, but meh so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pyroclasm is one of the worst talents for me. It just takes fun out of playing fire.

Either you play Arcane and spam one button for 75% of your damage, or you play frost and gradually build up to make glacial spikes with stupid burst. I want and get consistent dps with fire that isn't absolutely braindead. Pyroclasm just slows everything down and it isn't fun at all.
    Speciation Is Gradual

Sim your character, www.raidbots.com

Test with each trait and variables you are after, single target, multi target, talent setup etc. This will tell you the definitive answer on which configuration your character will perform best as.

There's too many variables to make large generalizations like "X is the best trait".

Quote Originally Posted by Kalti View Post
    Sim your character, www.raidbots.com

Test with each trait and variables you are after, single target, multi target, talent setup etc. This will tell you the definitive answer on which configuration your character will perform best as.

There's too many variables to make large generalizations like "X is the best trait".
    That is completely not true. Wildfire is the best for ST/bosses, Archive for general dps on m+.

Quote Originally Posted by HCLM View Post
    That is completely not true. Wildfire is the best for ST/bosses, Archive for general dps on m+.
    OK, but what about my post is "completely not true"? My post is completely true, your statement might be too, they are not mutually exclusive.

I would argue my post is a qualitatively better post than yours due to enabling people to use a tool to make their own determinations from the numbers gleaned from thousands of simulations rather than trusting someone on a forum they don't know telling something is "the best" but that's just an opinion I personally hold.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalti View Post
    OK, but what about my post is "completely not true"? My post is completely true, your statement might be too, they are not mutually exclusive.

I would argue my post is a qualitatively better post than yours due to enabling people to use a tool to make their own determinations from the numbers gleaned from thousands of simulations rather than trusting someone on a forum they don't know telling something is "the best" but that's just an opinion I personally hold.
    Because certain traits are the best for ST/AoE and it is not affectes by your gear in any way. You build your class around traits not the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by HCLM View Post
    Because certain traits are the best for ST/AoE and it is not affectes by your gear in any way. You build your class around traits not the opposite.
    Lol wut? Maybe for mages(and I'm not 100% sure you're even right about them) but there are several classes where the best trait varies based on your gear. Case in point, certain traits are great if you're able to stack across 3 pieces of gear, but if you only have it on 1 or 2 pieces it isn't as good, and you'll get higher dps using a different trait. Which means...dun dun dun, it can be affected by gear in some cases.
    Kthxhugsbye