Tips and Tricks for Dazar'alor

Post here your DH tips/tricks for this raid.

Jadefire Masters:
    You can double jump and fel rush over ring of peace during gauntlet phase. You should be first one over by far- pick up an orb and make an easy piece vulnerable.

Opulence:
    Take opal.

H Conclave:
    Take netherwalk and if you get akunda or kimbul's wrath during paku's wrath then run outside paku's circle to not hit raid.
    Purge raptors of paku's buff- if you have the azerite trait you get a shield for it.

Mekka:
    Netherwalk to get to a safe spot quickly if you get targeted with gigavolt.
    Last edited by Caeth; 2019-02-06 at 04:25 PM.

On Stormwall Blockade phase 2, the hit box is absolutely massive. You can stand at least halfway back on the first section and still be in melee range. Since we are so mobile, this will help if you need to soak the bombs with a couple other people.

Jaina - You can stay in the ring of frost until shes about to cast it if you have a fire on the very edge. Dont get greedy, but you can at least finish that eyebeam cast, or get off a blade dance / deathsweep to get that dot ticking.

Our other dh keep blinking out early.
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]

Jadefire Masters: You can felrush over a firetrap, as long as ur endpoint is not within the trap, it will get triggered and you wont get knocked up / get a debuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caeth View Post
    Opulence:
    Take opal.
    Most guilds will have us take Ruby because of our high APM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zasriel View Post
    Most guilds will have us take Ruby because of our high APM.
    only issue with this is it doesnt proc off eyebeam or fel barrage so you can lose stacks during add waves

In the fatboss guide video for Opulence it says to have all dps take emerald. Is this better for DH over say taking opal? We had our range handle added after they got out of melee range on our kill. So want to know which gem is more optimized for melee on this fight.

Believe Emerald stacks to 30 so its 30% dmg increase. Unsure what Opal gets to.

Quote Originally Posted by xacid View Post
    In the fatboss guide video for Opulence it says to have all dps take emerald. Is this better for DH over say taking opal? We had our range handle added after they got out of melee range on our kill. So want to know which gem is more optimized for melee on this fight.

Believe Emerald stacks to 30 so its 30% dmg increase. Unsure what Opal gets to.
    Opal depends on how fast you down the boss, as more add phases mean more stacks. I always took opal and delayed meta + trinket + pot as much as possible, although the highest I get is usually 36% damage increase before the boss goes down. I personally hate the emerald because I lose stacks whenever I have to move away. It certainly didn't help that it was bugged on the first ID and always reset itself upon reaching 5 stacks, even if you didn't move.

With opal I still usually end up in the top 3.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Baine is like the most unlikeable character you are supposed to like.

Quote Originally Posted by Sangris View Post
    Opal depends on how fast you down the boss, as more add phases mean more stacks. I always took opal and delayed meta + trinket + pot as much as possible, although the highest I get is usually 36% damage increase before the boss goes down. I personally hate the emerald because I lose stacks whenever I have to move away. It certainly didn't help that it was bugged on the first ID and always reset itself upon reaching 5 stacks, even if you didn't move.

With opal I still usually end up in the top 3.
    I'll try opal next time we do the boss to see if it's better. I still need to get my timing down with eye beam also didn't run Fel Barrage when we downed it as to keep up ST during the preboss. Now we have our strat fixed I'll go Fel Barrage next attempt as well.

fel barrage is nice but not needed for opulence. butttt you should be moving to get adds as they separate out. also when u get hit with the gold pool debuff. emerald really isn't good for DH.

Quote Originally Posted by xacid View Post
    I'll try opal next time we do the boss to see if it's better. I still need to get my timing down with eye beam also didn't run Fel Barrage when we downed it as to keep up ST during the preboss. Now we have our strat fixed I'll go Fel Barrage next attempt as well.
    Can you post logs after you try it? Genuinely curious
    Money talks, bullshit walks..

10+ Year Old Account
    On single target/movement fights.. consider going Felblade/demonblade. You can keep demonic. at heroic BoD gear, if you are properly statting haste to 15%, versa to 10% and crit 25% and >20% mastery (as baselines) you can not only rock good numbers.. but your metrics look better. Imagine going from wasting 500 fury to less than 50, over the course of a fight. Overall the dps is comparable to blindfury/immo but it has more control, better burst windows and you have more control over capping your fury.

As for specific encounters.. Kimbahl's can proc on EVERYTHING/ANYTHING. if you have it, use it.. even on opulance, or conclave. Also, trinkets like Youlon that do increasing per-target damage the more targets it hits are amazing for all the fights..
    "When you build it, you love it!"

Stormwall Blockade:

If you are getting pulled over by a Siren, You can double jump / Rush to get back on the ship if you time it correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Playintrafic View Post
    Jaina - You can stay in the ring of frost until shes about to cast it if you have a fire on the very edge. Dont get greedy, but you can at least finish that eyebeam cast, or get off a blade dance / deathsweep to get that dot ticking.

Our other dh keep blinking out early.
    2 seconds left on cast is a good time to jump 2.5 if left experienced will give you about 2 secs extra dps and that can really help pushing ph2

Quote Originally Posted by Playintrafic View Post
    Jaina - You can stay in the ring of frost until shes about to cast it if you have a fire on the very edge.
    you can stay inside ring and don't move at all if there is fire under feet...