View Poll Results: Do you hate the graphics of reforged?

Voters
447. You may not vote on this poll
  • Love it!

    171 38.26%
  • Hate it!

    276 61.74%
  1. #3881
    Pit Lord Ardenaso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    2,284
    Quote Originally Posted by Alatie View Post
    Dev team is already dismantled and those who were working on it are looking for new jobs sounds like it was a great year.
    looks like it.

    Michael Scipione has left Blizzard and we didn't know

    https://www.reddit.com/r/warcraft3/c..._warcraft_iii/
    https://www.reddit.com/r/WC3/comment..._warcraft_iii/
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

    (Alteraci Human thread in construction)

  2. #3882
    Sad and embarrassing just how poorly Blizzard handled Reforged, and only for them to ultimately throw it in the trash. Such a waste.

    They really should have just left the original WC3 alone.

  3. #3883
    Brewmaster czarek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    zug zug
    Posts
    1,424
    In general graphic isnt that bad but there is one huge proglem. Ambient is 60dps models are 30dps lol.

  4. #3884
    Stood in the Fire Muxtar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Ukraine
    Posts
    445
    Quote Originally Posted by Alatie View Post
    Dev team is already dismantled and those who were working on it are looking for new jobs sounds like it was a great year.
    Well giving the fact that these people created pure garbage instead of legendary game it had once been, I have no pity for them. If I were employer I'd even thought twice whether to hire them in any game-developing company after such fail.

  5. #3885
    Quote Originally Posted by Muxtar View Post
    Well giving the fact that these people created pure garbage instead of legendary game it had once been, I have no pity for them. If I were employer I'd even thought twice whether to hire them in any game-developing company after such fail.
    This was a management failure. Blizzard started taking preorders for WCIII: Reforged without even informing the development team. It was the same team that made the Starcraft remaster and used to do most of HotS development as well. In other words, they're more than capable of good releases given proper management.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

  6. #3886
    I am Murloc! Lord Pebbleton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Pebbleton Family Castle.
    Posts
    5,873
    Everyone that worked on the project should feel embarrassed and consider working in another industry.

    I had absolutely NO expectations about the game, because my main (and only) reason to buy it was to play the campaign on hard mode with the new graphics. It barely did that and I was constantly afraid to save and come another day because every update meant corrupted map files. I completed Rexxar's in three days to avoid having to start an act again. I play to enjoy myself, not to get stressed out over an idiotic thing such as this.

    Also I had a situation where clicking on the next campaign mission just sent me back to title, I think it was the human campaign.

    Virtually zero reason to do anything else after completing the campaign, so what you gonna do? Go back to original Warcraft 3 and play custom campaigns that are often more interesting than Blizzard's. But NO, even if you own the old game you cannot play it, because fuck you that's why. I spent an entire evening trying to gain access to a game I have had for 10 years or so just because Reforged was there.

    Mass Effect Andromeda sucked ass for most people. Now imagine if ME:A, along with being bad, also locked you out of ever playing Mass Effect 3 again. That is Reforged.


    I am appalled that such a shitty product could make it out at all. I repeat, I had literally zero expectations apart from the bare minimum, and even I was disappointed. I hope they never reforge another game, I have caught wind they want to do something with Diablo II. I am not a huge fan of it, but I would rather wait whatever time is needed for the community to remaster it, rather than buy another abomination from Blizzard. And if the community doesn't remaster it, I guess I will skip playing it altogether, because screw these business practices.

  7. #3887
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    Everyone that worked on the project should feel embarrassed and consider working in another industry.

    I had absolutely NO expectations about the game, because my main (and only) reason to buy it was to play the campaign on hard mode with the new graphics. It barely did that and I was constantly afraid to save and come another day because every update meant corrupted map files. I completed Rexxar's in three days to avoid having to start an act again. I play to enjoy myself, not to get stressed out over an idiotic thing such as this.

    Also I had a situation where clicking on the next campaign mission just sent me back to title, I think it was the human campaign.

    Virtually zero reason to do anything else after completing the campaign, so what you gonna do? Go back to original Warcraft 3 and play custom campaigns that are often more interesting than Blizzard's. But NO, even if you own the old game you cannot play it, because fuck you that's why. I spent an entire evening trying to gain access to a game I have had for 10 years or so just because Reforged was there.

    Mass Effect Andromeda sucked ass for most people. Now imagine if ME:A, along with being bad, also locked you out of ever playing Mass Effect 3 again. That is Reforged.


    I am appalled that such a shitty product could make it out at all. I repeat, I had literally zero expectations apart from the bare minimum, and even I was disappointed. I hope they never reforge another game, I have caught wind they want to do something with Diablo II. I am not a huge fan of it, but I would rather wait whatever time is needed for the community to remaster it, rather than buy another abomination from Blizzard. And if the community doesn't remaster it, I guess I will skip playing it altogether, because screw these business practices.
    I think I can straight up say, pirate it. Original game cannot be bought anymore, its abandonware replaced by an unfinished abomination. Its even possible to play it online on different servers.

  8. #3888
    I have no pity for the devs neither - they messed it up, it's their project and they have handled it poorly. Do not start 'it's blizzard' or 'it's activision', you don't know how project management works. There are always people behind decisions, the devs. If Blizzard or Activision does anything, it's that they set goals but how do you achieve goals, it's devs problem and looks like they failed.

  9. #3889
    rip this fking game LOL, literally ruined a legendaary game beyond belief

    "i will take my place, amongst the legends, of the past." - Medivh, W3 night elf ending

    let this game be remembered for what it was, not what it beacme

    lol same could be said for retail wow but thats another story

    Last edited by lolmmofuture; 2021-02-04 at 10:44 AM.

  10. #3890
    Quote Originally Posted by hllfrmththrsd View Post
    I have no pity for the devs neither - they messed it up, it's their project and they have handled it poorly. Do not start 'it's blizzard' or 'it's activision', you don't know how project management works. There are always people behind decisions, the devs. If Blizzard or Activision does anything, it's that they set goals but how do you achieve goals, it's devs problem and looks like they failed.
    Sure, but you don't really know what goals they were actually given internally, and whether the set deadlines were realistic for the set goals and resources available.

    It is indeed true that is fairly blind to just blame Blizzard, but it's even worse to just blame it on the devs without really knowing what happened behind the scenes. As other people said, the same team made multiple good releases before this project, so it's in extreme bad faith to assume it's their fault.

  11. #3891
    I am Murloc! Lord Pebbleton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Pebbleton Family Castle.
    Posts
    5,873
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    I think I can straight up say, pirate it. Original game cannot be bought anymore, its abandonware replaced by an unfinished abomination. Its even possible to play it online on different servers.
    Ye I didn't want to say it outright, but tbf I paid for my classic Warcraft 3 copy so even if I pirate it I suppose it is within my right to do so. I grabbed it from HIVE as other users here have suggested me to do. Works fine and is 100 times more enjoyable than Reforged. I am currently playing the campaign where you have the Dreadlords get all op with necromantic magic.

  12. #3892
    The thing is - they could afford to fix the game, but they knowingly let it be dropped after the negative review wave and the first anemic patches.
    And now there is no one to ask them about the game on Blizzcon this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

  13. #3893
    Pit Lord Ardenaso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    2,284
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    Ye I didn't want to say it outright, but tbf I paid for my classic Warcraft 3 copy so even if I pirate it I suppose it is within my right to do so. I grabbed it from HIVE as other users here have suggested me to do. Works fine and is 100 times more enjoyable than Reforged. I am currently playing the campaign where you have the Dreadlords get all op with necromantic magic.
    rowan the wise undead chapter or legends of arkain undead chapter?
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

    (Alteraci Human thread in construction)

  14. #3894
    I am Murloc! Lord Pebbleton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Pebbleton Family Castle.
    Posts
    5,873
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    rowan the wise undead chapter or legends of arkain undead chapter?
    Done Rowan the Wise and a good number of the Arkain chapters. I completely lost interest during the human Arkain book where you have to siege the huge city with cannon towers. I exausted my resources during a 3 hour tug of war where I could not do anything for the longest time, adn if I tried to assault the undead base inside the city I would get slaughtered by an unkillable Crypt Lord and a swarm of abominations.

    I tried restarting and I went for the main objective straight away, and my base was destroyed by continuous attacks at all times. There is difficult and then there's that.

  15. #3895
    Quote Originally Posted by Muxtar View Post
    Well giving the fact that these people created pure garbage instead of legendary game it had once been, I have no pity for them. If I were employer I'd even thought twice whether to hire them in any game-developing company after such fail.
    When you pay your devs so little they have to think if they will eat today or skip meals its not the dev fault its the eomployers sad fuck up.

  16. #3896
    Pit Lord Ardenaso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    2,284
    there's gonna be a new update for Quenching Mod

    https://s1.imagebanana.com/file/210211/rNiYLIT5.JPG
    ^ Quenching 1.2 info.
    Gonna be released soon in English, once translated



    Full changelog

    Client updates

    To avoid too many bugs, we disabled the following features

    Now quenching with W3Champion has a compatible button
    Anti-harmony function switch(on by default)
    Quenching campaign switch(on by default,the original campaign is pre-installed in a custom campaign)
    Unit change switch(on by default)
    Automatic file update off, the first time you open automatic update on
    File version detection,if there is an update on the official website will prompt
    Added complete delete function, button is located in the upper left corner
    What’s new

    Added map editor finished (battle platform) fix button
    Custom campaign module, instructions for use are located in the “campaign” tab
    Added as many hero skins as possible
    Fixed a Bug where some fog lens adjustments could cause dropped calls
    Campaign update

    Added 3 levels of the orc great escape
    Added acknowledgements:Stan som picture effect display
    Made a background video of the Great Escape of the orcs using Unreal 4
    Added map built-in achievement display
    Redo the gameplay to solve a series of bugs before
    Added custom campaign - ghost painting peach character [ Scarlet mission ] not fully adapted
    Graphic updates

    Optimized shadow performance of SD models in HD
    Modified Vertex algorithm for HD model
    Redo terrain normals and reflection algorithms
    Solved the black block problem.
    Modified masking and reflection algorithms for HD models
    Added an HDR-like algorithm
    Modified the Bloom effect to make it more visible
    Modified the edge Blur algorithm, now the range is more accurate
    Made a tone mapping closer to the natural color gamut
    Art updates

    Redone a lot of ground textures
    Redone the tree model.
    Added experimental texture Badlands
    Modified the normals of the trees.
    Added city-state terrain exclusive tree material
    The mini map of the carnival UI is now bigger
    Movie UI changes are limited to quenching battle,normal battle unchanged
    Redrawn the Ramp diagram
    Redrawn the IBL map
    Modified the DNC lighting model according to the new shader
    Recreated a large number of terrain vegetation
    Source: http://www.warchasersreforged.com/1.txt
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

    (Alteraci Human thread in construction)

  17. #3897
    Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    ...location, location!
    Posts
    12,857
    Those motherfuckers. This is the 30th Anniversary of Blizzard Entertainment, and they didn't even have the GUTS to apologize to us for the absolute shitshow that is Warcraft 3 Reforged. No sign of allowing us to download and play on the old client and old Battle.Net servers, no sign of any sort of team to fix bugs and implement promised features, no sign of ANYTHING remotely even mentioning it during their entire god damn presentation! Diablo 2's remaster had references to the STARCRAFT remaster in comparison!

    This is it. I am officially no longer a Blizzard fan. I might buy and play some of their games if they interest me in the future, but I'm not doing pre-orders, I'm not doing Collector's Editions, and I'm not gonna let myself get hyped anymore. It's been a good run, but the old Blizzard is dead. They would have never allowed this travesty to happen.

  18. #3898
    Pit Lord Ardenaso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    2,284
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Those motherfuckers. This is the 30th Anniversary of Blizzard Entertainment, and they didn't even have the GUTS to apologize to us for the absolute shitshow that is Warcraft 3 Reforged. No sign of allowing us to download and play on the old client and old Battle.Net servers, no sign of any sort of team to fix bugs and implement promised features, no sign of ANYTHING remotely even mentioning it during their entire god damn presentation! Diablo 2's remaster had references to the STARCRAFT remaster in comparison!

    This is it. I am officially no longer a Blizzard fan. I might buy and play some of their games if they interest me in the future, but I'm not doing pre-orders, I'm not doing Collector's Editions, and I'm not gonna let myself get hyped anymore. It's been a good run, but the old Blizzard is dead. They would have never allowed this travesty to happen.
    don't give up hope yet, the community is attempting to fix Reforged themselves with Retera, the Chronicles of the Second War team, and the Re-Reforged team
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

    (Alteraci Human thread in construction)

  19. #3899
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    don't give up hope yet, the community is attempting to fix Reforged themselves with Retera, the Chronicles of the Second War team, and the Re-Reforged team
    Should've been Blizzard in the first place though.

    It was a slap in the face when they said that you can play with the original Diablo 2 graphics, meaning you can change it back to how it was. Wc3 fans can't even do that. They're stuck with a malformed pile of shit.

    They even said all the cinematics were remade! WC3 didn't even get that except for the very first cinematic for some fucking reason.
    Last edited by Xilurm; 2021-02-20 at 04:07 AM.

  20. #3900
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    They even said all the cinematics were remade! WC3 didn't even get that except for the very first cinematic for some fucking reason.
    And the second-to-last one, which they somehow managed to make worse.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •