View Poll Results: Do you hate the graphics of reforged?

Voters
507. This poll is closed
  • Love it!

199 39.25%
  • Hate it!

308 60.75%
    I've found some voices in Polish. It's different, of course. I don't know if it's better or worse to be honest. Nostalgia will probably cloud my judgement

BUT, they have the same actor for Arthas, which makes me really happy because he was just perfect

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Nothing too major so far, I haven't delved to far into it... But so far, you need to be in beta to play it, yes!
    Expect most changes to be to the Trigger editor.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Probably, but no one from Blizzard confirmed it clearly before.
    *You were too lazy to read through GameInformer's articles for confirmation before

Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post

*You were too lazy to read through GameInformer's articles for confirmation before
    Nah. Didn't see any confirmation in them.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Nah. Didn't see any confirmation in them.
    Because you didn't look. Hence why I straight up got infracted over this.

Because you didn't look. Hence why I straight up got infracted over this.
    Nah mate. You cannot post a link to a website and tell other people "to look it up", as long as you don't post real source, no one is going to believe you, nor they should.

It was prolly because you didn't post the right source. As I wrote already plenty of times - you didn't provide the proof. The exact quote/screenshot etc. Posting a website isn't right source.

Just like posting www.wikipedia.com isn't a right source for explaining, for example, why Hitler attacked France or whatever.

It's your role to prove that you have right if you're trying to discuss something. If someone wants to prove/deny something, then he should have arguments.

But yeah... let's not start this again. If you can't give exact link where they say so, then seriously, don't prolong this discussion.
    Last edited by Eazy; 2019-12-06 at 04:20 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Nah mate. You cannot post a link to a website and tell other people "to look it up", as long as you don't post real source, no one is going to believe you, nor they should.

It was prolly because you didn't post the right source. As I wrote already plenty of times - you didn't provide the proof. The exact quote/screenshot etc. Posting a website isn't right source.

Just like posting www.wikipedia.com isn't a right source for explaining, for example, why Hitler attacked France or whatever.

It's your role to prove that you have right if you're trying to discuss something. If someone wants to prove/deny something, then he should have arguments.

But yeah... let's not start this again. If you can't give exact link where they say so, then seriously, don't prolong this discussion.
    I linked you to a master link with every WC3 article they had, and only had WC3 articles. How am I supposed to know the internet name of a gaming article I read on physical paper? Especially when I don't have that copy of the magazine anymore!

Lol.
    Last edited by plz delete account; 2019-12-08 at 04:05 AM.

I linked you to a master link with every WC3 article they had, and only had WC3 articles. How am I supposed to know the internet name of a gaming article I read on physical paper? Especially when I don't have that copy of the magazine anymore!

Lol.
    I saw a magazine where they made Ford car faster than any Ferrari.

My source:
    https://www.autozeit.ch/

But unfortunately I don't have physical copy of that magazine no longer.

See? That doesn't make any sense, lol.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    Oh thank god.
    For the life of me I could not get the hang of Starcraft2's editor. I was fearing they would make Reforged's editor like that...
    But if Reforged's editor is like the original War3 one, but updated... Oh man. I'm gonna have so much fun making new maps.

I wonder if I can import my old maps without completely crashing the thing. I did a LOT of custom imported stuff.
    My issue is that too few changes is just kinda sad. I was hoping for more GUI (Graphical User Interface) additions for people who want to do a little more without learning a programming language.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    My issue is that too few changes is just kinda sad. I was hoping for more GUI (Graphical User Interface) additions for people who want to do a little more without learning a programming language.
    Hmmm.. Werent custom imported graphics for the graphical overlay of the UI a thing?
    Like, not actually moving the position of the objects or anything but I seem to recall being able to change their look.
    Or maybe I'm misremembering. It's literally over 18 years ago.

*hairs greying*
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    Hmmm.. Werent custom imported graphics for the graphical overlay of the UI a thing?
    That's not what he's talking about.

GUI is the interface of the World Editor that allows people to create triggers without having to manually write the code - basically, you click on things in the UI, it makes a nice graphical representation of the trigger and then once you save the map it converts it to a code readable by the game.

What he was talking about is adding more functions (Events/Conditions/Actions etc.) to the GUI, so that you can do more things with just the built-in trigger editor instead of having to rely on importing custom systems or using custom code.

And I agree, it's a bit of a shame that not a lot was added. I think that adding things like a damage detection system or leak removals for unit groups/point or quite a lot of other things is long overdue, because while old modders will be fine without them, it would be really useful for newcomers - and you know a lot of folks are going to try making their first maps with Reforged.

P.S. And yes, they've added some natives that allow people to tinker with the UI, so you weren't wrong about that
    Last edited by Sarethion; 2019-12-09 at 08:32 AM.

New update is up, customs are finally here
    If the future is female...get ready for apocalypse.

Is the new update supposed to be 15 GBs?

Blizzard complains about engine? Is it a new one?
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Only me that thinks this looks sorta grim for a 2019 release ? its only 3 weeks to go

--- snip ---
    Last edited by Aucald; 2019-12-11 at 04:20 PM. Reason: Removed Advertising

Quote Originally Posted by Dziubla View Post
    New update is up, customs are finally here
    I’m still downloading it. Is that what the update is for?

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarethion View Post
    That's not what he's talking about.

GUI is the interface of the World Editor that allows people to create triggers without having to manually write the code - basically, you click on things in the UI, it makes a nice graphical representation of the trigger and then once you save the map it converts it to a code readable by the game.

What he was talking about is adding more functions (Events/Conditions/Actions etc.) to the GUI, so that you can do more things with just the built-in trigger editor instead of having to rely on importing custom systems or using custom code.

And I agree, it's a bit of a shame that not a lot was added. I think that adding things like a damage detection system or leak removals for unit groups/point or quite a lot of other things is long overdue, because while old modders will be fine without them, it would be really useful for newcomers - and you know a lot of folks are going to try making their first maps with Reforged.

P.S. And yes, they've added some natives that allow people to tinker with the UI, so you weren't wrong about that
    Yes, this! Thank you for explaining it better than I can.

Quote Originally Posted by leyst View Post
    --- snip ---
    I WAS SO CLOSE TO NOT BUYING IT!
    WHAT HAVE YOU DONE? T_T

Now I have to buy it
    Last edited by Aucald; 2019-12-11 at 04:21 PM.

It still is kinda unstable to play, at least for me. I joined two custom games and during both the game crashed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Baine is like the most unlikeable character you are supposed to like.

--- snip ---

Here's the Reforged: Reign of Chaos - Human Campaign Screen Comparison that i just made For the Wow fans, i also added something extra! :P (Its WC3 VS Reforged VS WoW :P)
    Last edited by Aucald; 2019-12-11 at 04:22 PM. Reason: Removed Advertising