View Poll Results: Do you hate the graphics of reforged?

Voters
507. This poll is closed
  • Love it!

199 39.25%
  • Hate it!

308 60.75%
    3+ Year Old Account

this has to be the most bruh WC3 custom game I've ever seen
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

If Blizzard drops support for WC3 beyond just standard bug fixes they did for old WC3 anyway, I will really start to lose faith in the company.

WC3 is one of their most beloved products and should be treated with great care, or at least it should have been. I'm still floored that one of their legendary IPs has been mistreated like this.

10+ Year Old Account
    So uhm. Tomorrow will be a year since the release of WC3 Reforged

How does it fare now? 1 year (12 months) is a lot of time. Was most bugs and inconviences fixed?
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    So uhm. Tomorrow will be a year since the release of WC3 Reforged

How does it fare now? 1 year (12 months) is a lot of time. Was most bugs and inconviences fixed?
    still no custom campaigns lol

- - - Updated - - -

and so today marks the one year anniversary of Reforged release
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

So the legacy of the WC3 Reforged will be that of a game which on launch stripped and stole people of their original games (in case of digital purchace), replaced it with vastly inferior product of less functional systems, stripped features and content while trying to sell it as improvement because they replaced the models with something that resembles cheap mobile game knock offs. Huh.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

One year anniversary, still nothing has been done with this game other than fixing some bugs and.... footprints. Now its not even clear who is even working on the game, hopefully its going to be VV who might at least turn things around. Still hope to see the original client come back at some point.

Dev team is already dismantled and those who were working on it are looking for new jobs sounds like it was a great year.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alatie View Post
    Dev team is already dismantled and those who were working on it are looking for new jobs sounds like it was a great year.
    looks like it.

Michael Scipione has left Blizzard and we didn't know

https://www.reddit.com/r/warcraft3/c..._warcraft_iii/
    https://www.reddit.com/r/WC3/comment..._warcraft_iii/

Sad and embarrassing just how poorly Blizzard handled Reforged, and only for them to ultimately throw it in the trash. Such a waste.

They really should have just left the original WC3 alone.

10+ Year Old Account
    In general graphic isnt that bad but there is one huge proglem. Ambient is 60dps models are 30dps lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Alatie View Post
    Well giving the fact that these people created pure garbage instead of legendary game it had once been, I have no pity for them. If I were employer I'd even thought twice whether to hire them in any game-developing company after such fail.

Quote Originally Posted by Muxtar View Post
    Well giving the fact that these people created pure garbage instead of legendary game it had once been, I have no pity for them. If I were employer I'd even thought twice whether to hire them in any game-developing company after such fail.
    This was a management failure. Blizzard started taking preorders for WCIII: Reforged without even informing the development team. It was the same team that made the Starcraft remaster and used to do most of HotS development as well. In other words, they're more than capable of good releases given proper management.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone that worked on the project should feel embarrassed and consider working in another industry.

I had absolutely NO expectations about the game, because my main (and only) reason to buy it was to play the campaign on hard mode with the new graphics. It barely did that and I was constantly afraid to save and come another day because every update meant corrupted map files. I completed Rexxar's in three days to avoid having to start an act again. I play to enjoy myself, not to get stressed out over an idiotic thing such as this.

Also I had a situation where clicking on the next campaign mission just sent me back to title, I think it was the human campaign.

Virtually zero reason to do anything else after completing the campaign, so what you gonna do? Go back to original Warcraft 3 and play custom campaigns that are often more interesting than Blizzard's. But NO, even if you own the old game you cannot play it, because fuck you that's why. I spent an entire evening trying to gain access to a game I have had for 10 years or so just because Reforged was there.

Mass Effect Andromeda sucked ass for most people. Now imagine if ME:A, along with being bad, also locked you out of ever playing Mass Effect 3 again. That is Reforged.

I am appalled that such a shitty product could make it out at all. I repeat, I had literally zero expectations apart from the bare minimum, and even I was disappointed. I hope they never reforge another game, I have caught wind they want to do something with Diablo II. I am not a huge fan of it, but I would rather wait whatever time is needed for the community to remaster it, rather than buy another abomination from Blizzard. And if the community doesn't remaster it, I guess I will skip playing it altogether, because screw these business practices.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    Everyone that worked on the project should feel embarrassed and consider working in another industry.

I had absolutely NO expectations about the game, because my main (and only) reason to buy it was to play the campaign on hard mode with the new graphics. It barely did that and I was constantly afraid to save and come another day because every update meant corrupted map files. I completed Rexxar's in three days to avoid having to start an act again. I play to enjoy myself, not to get stressed out over an idiotic thing such as this.

Also I had a situation where clicking on the next campaign mission just sent me back to title, I think it was the human campaign.

Virtually zero reason to do anything else after completing the campaign, so what you gonna do? Go back to original Warcraft 3 and play custom campaigns that are often more interesting than Blizzard's. But NO, even if you own the old game you cannot play it, because fuck you that's why. I spent an entire evening trying to gain access to a game I have had for 10 years or so just because Reforged was there.

Mass Effect Andromeda sucked ass for most people. Now imagine if ME:A, along with being bad, also locked you out of ever playing Mass Effect 3 again. That is Reforged.

I am appalled that such a shitty product could make it out at all. I repeat, I had literally zero expectations apart from the bare minimum, and even I was disappointed. I hope they never reforge another game, I have caught wind they want to do something with Diablo II. I am not a huge fan of it, but I would rather wait whatever time is needed for the community to remaster it, rather than buy another abomination from Blizzard. And if the community doesn't remaster it, I guess I will skip playing it altogether, because screw these business practices.
    I think I can straight up say, pirate it. Original game cannot be bought anymore, its abandonware replaced by an unfinished abomination. Its even possible to play it online on different servers.

I have no pity for the devs neither - they messed it up, it's their project and they have handled it poorly. Do not start 'it's blizzard' or 'it's activision', you don't know how project management works. There are always people behind decisions, the devs. If Blizzard or Activision does anything, it's that they set goals but how do you achieve goals, it's devs problem and looks like they failed.

rip this fking game LOL, literally ruined a legendaary game beyond belief

"i will take my place, amongst the legends, of the past." - Medivh, W3 night elf ending

let this game be remembered for what it was, not what it beacme

lol same could be said for retail wow but thats another story

Last edited by lolmmofuture; 2021-02-04 at 10:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hllfrmththrsd View Post
    I have no pity for the devs neither - they messed it up, it's their project and they have handled it poorly. Do not start 'it's blizzard' or 'it's activision', you don't know how project management works. There are always people behind decisions, the devs. If Blizzard or Activision does anything, it's that they set goals but how do you achieve goals, it's devs problem and looks like they failed.
    Sure, but you don't really know what goals they were actually given internally, and whether the set deadlines were realistic for the set goals and resources available.

It is indeed true that is fairly blind to just blame Blizzard, but it's even worse to just blame it on the devs without really knowing what happened behind the scenes. As other people said, the same team made multiple good releases before this project, so it's in extreme bad faith to assume it's their fault.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    I think I can straight up say, pirate it. Original game cannot be bought anymore, its abandonware replaced by an unfinished abomination. Its even possible to play it online on different servers.
    Ye I didn't want to say it outright, but tbf I paid for my classic Warcraft 3 copy so even if I pirate it I suppose it is within my right to do so. I grabbed it from HIVE as other users here have suggested me to do. Works fine and is 100 times more enjoyable than Reforged. I am currently playing the campaign where you have the Dreadlords get all op with necromantic magic.

The thing is - they could afford to fix the game, but they knowingly let it be dropped after the negative review wave and the first anemic patches.
    And now there is no one to ask them about the game on Blizzcon this year.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    Ye I didn't want to say it outright, but tbf I paid for my classic Warcraft 3 copy so even if I pirate it I suppose it is within my right to do so. I grabbed it from HIVE as other users here have suggested me to do. Works fine and is 100 times more enjoyable than Reforged. I am currently playing the campaign where you have the Dreadlords get all op with necromantic magic.
    rowan the wise undead chapter or legends of arkain undead chapter?