View Poll Results: Do you hate the graphics of reforged?

Voters
507. This poll is closed
  • Love it!

199 39.25%
  • Hate it!

308 60.75%
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    rowan the wise undead chapter or legends of arkain undead chapter?
    Done Rowan the Wise and a good number of the Arkain chapters. I completely lost interest during the human Arkain book where you have to siege the huge city with cannon towers. I exausted my resources during a 3 hour tug of war where I could not do anything for the longest time, adn if I tried to assault the undead base inside the city I would get slaughtered by an unkillable Crypt Lord and a swarm of abominations.

I tried restarting and I went for the main objective straight away, and my base was destroyed by continuous attacks at all times. There is difficult and then there's that.

Quote Originally Posted by Muxtar View Post
    Well giving the fact that these people created pure garbage instead of legendary game it had once been, I have no pity for them. If I were employer I'd even thought twice whether to hire them in any game-developing company after such fail.
    When you pay your devs so little they have to think if they will eat today or skip meals its not the dev fault its the eomployers sad fuck up.

3+ Year Old Account
    there's gonna be a new update for Quenching Mod

https://s1.imagebanana.com/file/210211/rNiYLIT5.JPG
    ^ Quenching 1.2 info.
    Gonna be released soon in English, once translated

Full changelog

Client updates

To avoid too many bugs, we disabled the following features

Now quenching with W3Champion has a compatible button
    Anti-harmony function switch(on by default)
    Quenching campaign switch(on by default,the original campaign is pre-installed in a custom campaign)
    Unit change switch(on by default)
    Automatic file update off, the first time you open automatic update on
    File version detection,if there is an update on the official website will prompt
    Added complete delete function, button is located in the upper left corner
    What’s new

Added map editor finished (battle platform) fix button
    Custom campaign module, instructions for use are located in the “campaign” tab
    Added as many hero skins as possible
    Fixed a Bug where some fog lens adjustments could cause dropped calls
    Campaign update

Added 3 levels of the orc great escape
    Added acknowledgements:Stan som picture effect display
    Made a background video of the Great Escape of the orcs using Unreal 4
    Added map built-in achievement display
    Redo the gameplay to solve a series of bugs before
    Added custom campaign - ghost painting peach character [ Scarlet mission ] not fully adapted
    Graphic updates

Optimized shadow performance of SD models in HD
    Modified Vertex algorithm for HD model
    Redo terrain normals and reflection algorithms
    Solved the black block problem.
    Modified masking and reflection algorithms for HD models
    Added an HDR-like algorithm
    Modified the Bloom effect to make it more visible
    Modified the edge Blur algorithm, now the range is more accurate
    Made a tone mapping closer to the natural color gamut
    Art updates

Redone a lot of ground textures
    Redone the tree model.
    Added experimental texture Badlands
    Modified the normals of the trees.
    Added city-state terrain exclusive tree material
    The mini map of the carnival UI is now bigger
    Movie UI changes are limited to quenching battle,normal battle unchanged
    Redrawn the Ramp diagram
    Redrawn the IBL map
    Modified the DNC lighting model according to the new shader
    Recreated a large number of terrain vegetation
    Source: http://www.warchasersreforged.com/1.txt
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Those motherfuckers. This is the 30th Anniversary of Blizzard Entertainment, and they didn't even have the GUTS to apologize to us for the absolute shitshow that is Warcraft 3 Reforged. No sign of allowing us to download and play on the old client and old Battle.Net servers, no sign of any sort of team to fix bugs and implement promised features, no sign of ANYTHING remotely even mentioning it during their entire god damn presentation! Diablo 2's remaster had references to the STARCRAFT remaster in comparison!

This is it. I am officially no longer a Blizzard fan. I might buy and play some of their games if they interest me in the future, but I'm not doing pre-orders, I'm not doing Collector's Editions, and I'm not gonna let myself get hyped anymore. It's been a good run, but the old Blizzard is dead. They would have never allowed this travesty to happen.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Those motherfuckers. This is the 30th Anniversary of Blizzard Entertainment, and they didn't even have the GUTS to apologize to us for the absolute shitshow that is Warcraft 3 Reforged. No sign of allowing us to download and play on the old client and old Battle.Net servers, no sign of any sort of team to fix bugs and implement promised features, no sign of ANYTHING remotely even mentioning it during their entire god damn presentation! Diablo 2's remaster had references to the STARCRAFT remaster in comparison!

This is it. I am officially no longer a Blizzard fan. I might buy and play some of their games if they interest me in the future, but I'm not doing pre-orders, I'm not doing Collector's Editions, and I'm not gonna let myself get hyped anymore. It's been a good run, but the old Blizzard is dead. They would have never allowed this travesty to happen.
    don't give up hope yet, the community is attempting to fix Reforged themselves with Retera, the Chronicles of the Second War team, and the Re-Reforged team
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    don't give up hope yet, the community is attempting to fix Reforged themselves with Retera, the Chronicles of the Second War team, and the Re-Reforged team
    Should've been Blizzard in the first place though.

It was a slap in the face when they said that you can play with the original Diablo 2 graphics, meaning you can change it back to how it was. Wc3 fans can't even do that. They're stuck with a malformed pile of shit.

They even said all the cinematics were remade! WC3 didn't even get that except for the very first cinematic for some fucking reason.
    Last edited by Xilurm; 2021-02-20 at 04:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    They even said all the cinematics were remade! WC3 didn't even get that except for the very first cinematic for some fucking reason.
    And the second-to-last one, which they somehow managed to make worse.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Should've been Blizzard in the first place though.
    Yeah it also hurts us. I really hope there's something for us tomorrow

Regarding the cinematics, you can join the Re-Reforged community! They're working on the Scourge of Lordaeron now
    Last edited by Ardenaso; 2021-02-20 at 10:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post

They got your money from a cheap outsourced flip and people are already clapping and ready to consume product with diablo 2. Paypigs never learn and will buy anything with a brand on. Thats who these are for. The goldfish memory consumer who will go "but this time its really going to be like the good old days!" and prepurchase day one. They don't need to apologise to them because they got exactly what they wanted.

3+ Year Old Account

oh...

yeah, my first thougth after seeing D2R: this time i'll wait and not be dumb again like I was with WC3R

Blizzard really just wants to pretend this game doesn't even exist. As of now its not even clear if anyone is working on this, and that while some features are still missing despite being promised to come. They don't even want to roll back to the original game because they have too much pride to admit that they royally fucked up. The best case scenario they have VV working on the game and at least add back these missing features like custom campaigns and clans.

is anyone really shocked?
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

3+ Year Old Account
    https://venturebeat.com/2021/02/22/b...bile-and-more/

GamesBeat: Are you happy with where Reforged is now, or are there going to be more updates to that title in the future?

Brack: There’s going to be more updates. We’ve talked about how the various tournament systems are not where we want them to be, and there are additional features we want to continue to think about and add. We have a team that’s continuing to work on Reforged.

3+ Year Old Account

Quenching Mod got a new update with better reshading and stuff; in collaboration with the Chronicles of the Second War and Re-Reforged teams

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Yep, knew the moment I opened beta WC3R that this was going to be a shitshow. Wasn't wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    Yep, knew the moment I opened beta WC3R that this was going to be a shitshow. Wasn't wrong.
    Since 1 guy - after he is done with his own RL-work - made a better ladder/matchmaking/profile system than what Blizzard came up with let alone implemented, you can pretty much be certain that there is not even one guy working on this game on a regular basis.

It's a sad joke, seriously.

Even if he doesn't do the whole thing alone anymore, it's still seriously pathetic from Blizzard to not even invest into any kind of dev team after ripping off who knows how many fans of their games.

They aren't worth a penny anymore.
    No better than any other shitty publisher or gaming company.

D2:R will be the same, don't bother with it.
    As you can see, they have no interest in fixxing what is broken or unfinished. Which means once D2:R turns out to be shit just like WC3:R, which is obviously very likely, you won't get patches or a fix.

Just stay with WoW, that's their milking cow and that's where you can at least expect updates on a somewhat regular basis and new content.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2021-02-25 at 08:29 AM.

3+ Year Old Account
    don't give up yet guys, the community is doing what they can to bring Reforged to life when Blizzard failed

5+ Year Old Account
    I loved w3 i understand that reforge can be bugged but i cant stand that they havent done anything with that fact

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    As you can see, they have no interest in fixxing what is broken or unfinished. Which means once D2:R turns out to be shit just like WC3:R, which is obviously very likely, you won't get patches or a fix.
    Arguably, trying to fix what was broken helped contribute to WC3R's mess.

They tried to balance the game further, and it ended up going nowhere, to the point where they had to roll back on some of the latest changes as well. And that is all resources, time and effort, that could have been spent polishing up any number of other aspects of the game that would not have left it such a broken mess as it is today. They split their resources thin and got nothing substantial completed as a result.

I'd say D2R is already in the right direction by keeping it a remaster with no major changes to the gameplay.