View Poll Results: Do you hate the graphics of reforged?

Voters
507. This poll is closed
  • Love it!

199 39.25%
  • Hate it!

308 60.75%
    5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    I played a lot of war3 and TFT, but didnt touch reforged. Just last week I was cleaning out boxes in teh garage and found my boxes and cds for war3, and got excited for nearly 30 seconds before i remembered its just a paperweight now.

I DO care about graphics, but not as a #1 priority or anything, but i do enjoy nice graphics. My only real issue with graphics is games not supporting ultra-wide, which just blows my mind in 2022. I have no idea if the new version does - i suspect it absolutely DOES, but yeah.....thats my 2c
    Keep in mind, Ultra-wide is still just starting to catch on. Most gamers don't even have 4k yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    Keep in mind, Ultra-wide is still just starting to catch on. Most gamers don't even have 4k yet.
    Any game releasing in 2021/2022 and beyond that doesnt support ultrawide is a joke and not worth investing money into.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Any game releasing in 2021/2022 and beyond that doesnt support ultrawide is a joke and not worth investing money into.
    THERE GOES 75% OF YOUR POTENTIAL COLLECTION

jfcman.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    THERE GOES 75% OF YOUR POTENTIAL COLLECTION

jfcman.
    What? I didnt say ONLY support ultrawide......what are you talking about? MOST games support ultrawide. I havnt come accross a recent release that doesnt, other than Evil Dead, and D2R, which at least gave a logical explination. And i dont expect a re-release of an old game to, but if they remaster or remake something, it should.
    Last edited by arkanon; 2022-06-15 at 01:10 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

3+ Year Old Account
    To those who still plays WC3 and/or Reforged, and has twitter: I'd like to ask for extra help to make our voices heard

Please like, retweet, reply, or tweet something similar to the one below

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneMonster
    @Qwik I am one of the many mapmakers currently very active in the Warcraft 3 community. Many of us are are concerned about 1.33 going to production. The editor is in very unstable and hard to work with. May we have some communication on these issues from the team?
    This isn't just for the sake of Reforged or Re-Reforged, this is also for the sake of the entirety of the Warcraft 3's future
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't care whose in charge, I want to see results and results are all that matter to me. If they can make the game more like how it was supposed to then I say go for it.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post

Looks like we know who's in charge now.
    perhaps we can hope Holly can get a podcast/interview with your fellow CSW teammates and the Re-Reforged author; much better with other important WC3 people like Grubby, Neo, WTii, and Jayborino
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I did not expect them to pick someone big from the Classic WoW team to be main lead for WC3:R. I don't like some of the things she has done to the game but at this point I just want to see someone actually work on the game. Its not like it can get any worse.

Still think they need to completely re-do the game. Roll back to the original client and give it some improvements (proper search engine to find custom games, more game modes, more customisable character profiles etc). New graphics which are proper HD upgrades from the original and keeps their original look (like Tyrande keeping her blue hair). Change the campaign maps to make them bigger, make them look more like their WoW version and maybe add a lot of extra secondary missions and other secrets (InsaneMonster does a really good job with this). Make all the cinematics higher quality like they did with the promotional intro cinematic and for the love of God the Arthas vs Illidan cinematic needs to be way better, maybe make it CGI aswell as it was originally intended.

3+ Year Old Account
    https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wa...une-28/28143/7

Quote Originally Posted by Kaivax
    Patch 1.33.0 Build 18931 is now available. This build includes:

Added !Stats functionality for players in the game (example: !stats Username) to pull up win / loss of the race they are currently playing in the game. Only works in an auto-matched game.
    Added a proxy server for PTR where EU players will be placed into the AMS (Amsterdam) server when auto-matching.
    Added a proxy server for the PTR in ORD (Chicago) to mitigate in-game latency in cross realm, specifically EU to NA.
    Fixed a crash related to PopcornFX when trying to load an FX baked on an older version of Popcorn. Game will not crash, but the asset will not load until players rebuild their asset to the version 2.5.1.63447 of Popcorn.
    Fixed an issue where AT rating was using the wrong rating.
    Fixed an issue where team MMR was being read out of solo MMR.
    Localization fixes
    hey they listened !

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I did not expect them to pick someone big from the Classic WoW team to be main lead for WC3:R. I don't like some of the things she has done to the game but at this point I just want to see someone actually work on the game. Its not like it can get any worse.
    So just to clarify the roles and positions (to the best of my knowledge), Holly is an Executive Producer on World of Warcraft, and now for Reforged. She is not a developer or designer. A Producer role is primarily focused on keeping the team running on schedule and getting things done in order to meet deadlines. There isn't really much we can tell from a gamer's perspective of what she's actually 'done to the game', because Producers don't put anything in the game at all, their role is making sure everyone else who puts stuff in the game is doing their job in a timely manner and making sure things get done. Managing budgets and resources, managing schedules and reaching milestones; that's the kind of stuff a Producer role covers.

When they say she's in charge of WC3R, what it means is she is the one handling all the resources involved with the development of WC3R.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-06-30 at 05:11 PM.

Looks like we know who's in charge now.
    I mean, congratz to Holly Longdale, went from being a producer on Classic to being the Exec Producer on WoW as a whole.

However, i gotta say, that choice doesn't fill me with confidence.
    Not because of the person but rather that she's now responsible for
    Retail WoW
    Classic WoW
    Warcraft 3 Reforged

Retail WoW now has to integrate a huge team into their massive staff, Classic WoW is also here to stay and then she's also supposed to oversee the overhaul of Reforged?
    I had hoped that it the position would be filled by someone whose sole job will Reforged, right now this is absolutely a side gig for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    I mean, congratz to Holly Longdale, went from being a producer on Classic to being the Exec Producer on WoW as a whole.

However, i gotta say, that choice doesn't fill me with confidence.
    Not because of the person but rather that she's now responsible for
    Retail WoW
    Classic WoW
    Warcraft 3 Reforged

Retail WoW now has to integrate a huge team into their massive staff, Classic WoW is also here to stay and then she's also supposed to oversee the overhaul of Reforged?
    I had hoped that it the position would be filled by someone whose sole job will Reforged, right now this is absolutely a side gig for her.
    I don't think you fully understand the meaning of the roles.

She is an executive producer, meaning she's the producer who handles the other producers. Each project would have their own producers, while she is the top management of that branch and role. The executive producer is the 5-star general who all the other commanders take orders from. It's a chain of command thing. Same as pointing at Bobby Kotick being the singular CEO of all of Activision; he's not the one micromanaging every project but he is the one responsible for and overseeing every product that comes out, albeit indirectly. The Executive producer is the most direct form of this chain of command, because they would not only be managing other producers for each project, but also working on the projects themselves in terms of their scheduling and resource management (budgets, people on the teams).

It really wouldn't be out of the ordinary for her to take on all 3 projects because it would be much easier to manage key release dates and make sure that each game's updates/new releases aren't all competing with each other at the same time. That way they aren't running into things like launching Wrath Classic and Dragonflight at the same time, splitting their own community's time investment, instead of normalizing a strategic staggered release to maximize their MAUs.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-06-30 at 05:22 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    The executive producer is the 5-star general who all the other commanders take orders from. It's a chain of command thing. Same as pointing at Bobby Kotick being the singular CEO of all of Activision; he's not the one micromanaging every project
    OW2's team disagrees

It feels weird to me that WC3 is repeatedly excluded from sales. Wanna buy it but not at full price lol.

She is an executive producer, meaning she's the producer who handles the other producers. Each project would have their own producers, while she is the top management of that branch and role.
    The point is still that the Reforged team is small enough that they're handing the job to someone that is already pre occupied with the largest team Blizzard has and one they're massively expanding right now.

I'm going to take a wild guess and say that both OW and Diablo have their own executive producer, because the teams behind those franchises are big enough that one person can't handle all of it.
    It really wouldn't be out of the ordinary for her to take on all 3 projects because it would be much easier to manage key release dates and make sure that each game's updates/new releases aren't all competing with each other at the same time.
    Honest question, you believe that any Warcraft 3 updates is something Blizzard will look out for when concerning any WoW specific launches?

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    The point is still that the Reforged team is small enough that they're handing the job to someone that is already pre occupied with the largest team Blizzard has and one they're massively expanding right now.

I'm going to take a wild guess and say that both OW and Diablo have their own executive producer, because the teams behind those franchises are big enough that one person can't handle all of it.
    The majority of the work of Reforged is already done, it just needs to be polished up really. I don't think they need a particularly big team to manage, just someone to make sure things are going as planned. I would believe a majority any graphical work would still be outsourced anyways.

Honest question, you believe that any Warcraft 3 updates is something Blizzard will look out for when concerning any WoW specific launches?
    Yes, absolutely. Despite being different games, the WC3 and WoW audiences are very tied to each other. That's why this thread is kept here in the WoW General discussion forum instead of in its own subforum or Videogames subforum.

Whether there is any actual planned releases that will impact either game, no one really knows.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-06-30 at 05:56 PM.

When they say she's in charge of WC3R, what it means is she is the one handling all the resources involved with the development of WC3R.
    Which is supposed to be a good thing right? Because why put a producer on a dead project? That means it's being worked on.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Which is supposed to be a good thing right? Because why put a producer on a dead project? That means it's being worked on.
    Yes, it means there is someone overseeing the project, rather than it literally being left to maintenance mode like say Heroes of the Storm right now.

The majority of the work of Reforged is already done, it just needs to be polished up really.
    ...yeah, just needs *a lot* polish.
    Yes, absolutely. Despite being different games, the WC3 and WoW audiences are very tied to each other.
    Considering the fact that Blizzard has not made one noise about this project in any investment calls except for apologizing for it, it also being completely ignored during any sales / event, i believe this is very much wishful thinking on your part.

WC3 likely sits on the same level as HotS in terms of priority, and there they also don't give the slightest fuck whenever the 2-3 balance changes HotS gets nowadays per year is happening.

Your reasoning is pretty contradictory, you say the game needs polish, then you say that its updates are important enough that they'll actively avoid releasing them alongside any WoW updates.
    If it's just polish, then it's never going to be a major update, hence there's little reason to avoid any overlap.