Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathris View Post
    snip
    I realize that PvE players just macro'd Premed into their Ambush but in PvP this button was really cool.

Sap --> Premed --> Cheap Shot without breaking Sap (turning your character so you don't land any auto-attacks) --> Restealth with 4cp while they are Sapped and wait for DRs --> 4pt SnD --> Cheap --> Rupture (2pt) --> Premed Ambush --> Evis (4-5 CP) --> MfD Kidney --> Ambush --> Ambush --> Evis (4-5 CP)

That's 3 Ambushes and 2 Eviscerates in a Cheap --> Kidney lock, all buffed by Find Weakness and Sanguinary Veins.

You can't tell me that isn't incredibly cool and rewarding.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    I can't believe I'm reading people say they miss Burst of Speed. It was a cancer on the game. It let things like Frozen Ammo be a part of the game, it did nothing but drain our energy, so congrats you got to the target but now you're sat doing nothing. Shadowstep was always the better choice unless you were flag running or just liked to run around in stealth really fast.
    Yes, it wasn't the strongest talent in high level PvP, but it still got picked frequently in the lower tiers and more casual play. Most of the people stating that they miss it are more casual... they might miss it because it was very useful for solo farming old raids for transmogs and mounts, for example. That's the reason for my proposal to just proportionately increase its energy cost, duration, and CD, so that it remains useful in solo casual play but is discouraged in PvP by the high upfront energy cost and reduced availability as a spammable snare breaker.

It is possible to design the class in a way that satisfies both casuals and hardcore (whatever that word still means..... most of the good players I know are pretty casual, they just know how to play well). Blizzard just doesn't get it right, but it can be done.

- - - Updated - - -

Proof that protesting against ability pruning works...:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUeMoaTzghU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6CE-x5Y2XI

Now let's bring back Gouge
    Last edited by shoegazing; 2019-04-02 at 01:07 AM.
    Subtlety Rogue was an amazing, incredible, unique, and fun spec prior to Legion and BfA

“All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.”

― Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    stealth hasn't been simply 'standing' differently in a long time.
    So? This thread is about things people miss, not about how it has been working for whatever time.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylar Hao View Post
    So? This thread is about things people miss, not about how it has been working for whatever time.
    technically it was ALWAYS minor mysticism and magic. how else would you explain the sneaky stance functioning in a well lit room with no cover

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    technically it was ALWAYS minor mysticism and magic. how else would you explain the sneaky stance functioning in a well lit room with no cover
    Aliens.

Or witchcraft.

Or WoW characters have a poor sight due to so many potions and flasks and to the exposure of explotions magical effects.

But mostly aliens.

---

Now seriously. Even if it's a fantasy game and world, things must have certain level of logic. The way I see stealth in WoW is that rogues blends with a shadow parallel universe/dimension/phase/plane whatever you wanat to call it, but it's not a 100% invisibility, moving should reveal you, so in order to not be revealed you must be sneaky, meaning you must be silent and move slow to not be spotted.

As for cat form, well, big felines are usually hard to see when they are prowling due to their colours blending with their surroundings, doesn't make sense in dungeons and buildings but most of the game happen outdoors in the wild, so makes sense to me. But whenever any feline starts running towards their prey they are automatically spotted, or if they manage to get really close to their prey.

Rogues and cats should move slower while stealthed and be spotted or at least you should notice when they are around. It used to happen many expansions ago, now you can freely run around in the middle of a chaotic fight and not be spotted unless you get hit by an aoe.
    Last edited by Sylar Hao; 2019-03-31 at 07:49 PM.

Classic combat sword spec with wind fury totem and hand of justice.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khain View Post
    Classic combat sword spec with wind fury totem and hand of justice.
    Damn dude...

https://i.imgur.com/YPYzMAD.gifv
    Last edited by M5290; 2019-04-04 at 05:10 PM.

I just miss the overall feel of pre Cata rogue. I always had lots of alts but I kept coming back to my rogue in part because the attack speed was so much quicker and that made it more engaging to play for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylar Hao View Post
    Now seriously. Even if it's a fantasy game and world, things must have certain level of logic. The way I see stealth in WoW is that rogues blends with a shadow parallel universe/dimension/phase/plane whatever you wanat to call it, but it's not a 100% invisibility, moving should reveal you, so in order to not be revealed you must be sneaky, meaning you must be silent and move slow to not be spotted.

As for cat form, well, big felines are usually hard to see when they are prowling due to their colours blending with their surroundings, doesn't make sense in dungeons and buildings but most of the game happen outdoors in the wild, so makes sense to me. But whenever any feline starts running towards their prey they are automatically spotted, or if they manage to get really close to their prey.

Rogues and cats should move slower while stealthed and be spotted or at least you should notice when they are around. It used to happen many expansions ago, now you can freely run around in the middle of a chaotic fight and not be spotted unless you get hit by an aoe.
    You're using logic selectively because you have a bias. Anyone could equally say that warriors and paladins should move slower, attack slower, be easier to hit, all because of their heavy gear.

The reason stealth was improved over time was that while it was a nice immersion touch to be "vulnerable" and weak in stealth it made for poor gameplay in a game where people are riding around on mounts in pvp, classes have spammable aoe, and dungeons got quicker to the point that people wouldn't want to wait 10 seconds extra each pack for the rogue moving at 60% to go round the back of the room to land a sap. It's just stupid and pointless.

Having a bow and arrow, or other non-mechanical ranged weapon for all specs, like in the old days.
    We basically only used em for pulls here and there, but I miss it.

I also miss the old combat build, don't get me wrong, I like the feel of the current Outlaw rotation.
    But the gun and sound-effects of the gun in Between the Eyes and Pistol Shot ruin the feeling for me since I really don't like the pirate theme and I prefer my rogue to be sneaky(like it's been since Vanilla).

I've got a suggestion thread up about a Glyph to fix the animations/sounds of these abilities on the WoW EU forums, can't link it here due to restrictions on this new account though, sorry about that.

I wish the game was more like it was in Vanilla

I miss being a Combat swordsman and not, as Shoegazing so aptly coined it, "Pirate Yahtztee."
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

i miss the warlords of draenor spell book for subtlety.

slice and dice

recuperate

old pvp not classic stunlock times.. but more like bc / warth times

Everything up to Legion (excluding Legion that is) and onwards. Had a lot of fun though the years. Gameplay was changing for better or worse, but generally it was still a lot of fun. Then Legion came and I was bluws away with how hollow classes have became in general. BfA menaged to make it even worse.

I miss the pre-Cata rogue. When rogues where rogues - sneaky assassins, that utilized control and surprise to win the fights. When rogues had a lot of tools but where easy targets without them.
    I never liked the idea of recuperate. I guess vial is fine for a middle ground but I would gladly take a nerf to vial and feint if I could have garrote silence, different dr on cheap shot and kidney shot, gouge and dismantle for every spec. I don't want to heal myself or tank damage, I want to avoid it.

I know it sounds like a lot of tools but that's how I loved to play a rogue (and I play it since 2005). I never wanted to one shot clothies or stand toe to toe with warrior. I liked wotlk playstyle. I know it wasn't perfect so I am all for changes but I would love that feeling back. Nowadays PvP seems more like a dps race. I have more keybinds but less usefull skills. I have to think more about rotation and how to deal more dmg to opponents instead of focusing on crowd control and strategy.

I miss...
    - Being able to sprint across the water and not sink.
    - Burst of Speed. OMG do I ever miss BoS.
    - Being able to use poison in more than one spec.
    - Sub's cliff jumping where you don't even take a scratch.
    - Being one of the only classes with a stealth capability.
    - Dungeon/Raid designs where they had things if you had a Rogue you could bypass (like the door in Shattered Halls) or avoid (the traps in Icecrown Citadel, popping Shiv to remove enrages).

Quote Originally Posted by Cierah View Post
    I miss...
    - Being able to sprint across the water and not sink.
    - Burst of Speed. OMG do I ever miss BoS.
    - Being able to use poison in more than one spec.
    - Sub's cliff jumping where you don't even take a scratch.
    - Being one of the only classes with a stealth capability.
    - Dungeon/Raid designs where they had things if you had a Rogue you could bypass (like the door in Shattered Halls) or avoid (the traps in Icecrown Citadel, popping Shiv to remove enrages).
    Being one of the only classes with a stealth capability? Uh. You missin' classic? Because aside from hunter's camouflage, no other class has stealth that hasn't had stealth before.

Also, we have shroud now. As much as I don't care for the ability, it is our very own tool specifically intended so we can bypass things. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Lodravel View Post
    Being one of the only classes with a stealth capability? Uh. You missin' classic? Because aside from hunter's camouflage, no other class has stealth that hasn't had stealth before.

Also, we have shroud now. As much as I don't care for the ability, it is our very own tool specifically intended so we can bypass things. :P
    Did mages have their stealth/invisibility spell in Classic?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Did mages have their stealth/invisibility spell in Classic?
    No. It was originally in the beta but was removed before launch. It was added again in patch 2.0.3

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Invisibility#Patch_changes
    Subtlety Rogue was an amazing, incredible, unique, and fun spec prior to Legion and BfA

“All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.”

― Douglas Adams

Lockpicking being useful, and all the outlaw abilities they took out post-legion. Granted, when raiding I talented out of the cannonball thing in favor of passive dps and the MC was worthless since it trigged the CD even when it failed (which it did 99% of the time) but I mostly miss the burst dps. I'm not a rogue without burst DPS. >.<