Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    I don't think she makes it out of the primaries, the media is trying to prop here up but she is not very charismatic and just follows the talking points. Something something minimum wage, something healthcare for all, something protect LGBT, "Jussie" never heard of her.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    I worry about this as well, but I'd also love to understand how many of these people truly exist to determine if it's a legit concern or something that's been blown out of proportion.
    It's over hyped and blown out of proportion 87% of Bernie Voters did vote for Hillary in the GE, the rest voted Trump, 3rd party or didn't vote at all. The reason they come back to start more shit and the reason the majority did vote HRC. Is they don't actually want to do the work of supporting and growing their own party, and outside of the DNC don't have anywhere to go when they place the bullshit aside and actually put their vote behind where their mouth is.

Bottom line the same thing could happen again, but there is no amount of appeasement that is going to change it.

The DNC should also not be in the habit of coddling or pandering to people in insincere ways that will actually lose more votes than it would attract. If Bernies a Democrat he will run, he will have to win the Primaries and if he does he will get the Nomination, or he won't.

There is no Bernie or ELSE bullshit. Unless those are votes that aren't going to be had.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    It's over hyped and blown out of proportion 87% of Bernie Voters did vote for Hillary in the GE, the rest voted Trump, 3rd party or didn't vote at all. The reason they come back to start more shit and the reason the majority did vote HRC. Is they don't actually want to do the work of supporting and growing their own party, and outside of the DNC don't have anywhere to go when they place the bullshit aside and actually put their vote behind where their mouth is.

Bottom line the same thing could happen again, but there is no amount of appeasement that is going to change it.

The DNC should also not be in the habit of coddling or pandering to people in insincere ways that will actually lose more votes than it would attract. If Bernies a Democrat he will run, he will have to win the Primaries and if he does he will get the Nomination, or he won't.

There is no Bernie or ELSE bullshit. Unless those are votes that aren't going to be had.
    Literally just was looking for the first sentence you stated here, not a retread of your Bernie hateboner.

While I tend to agree with the suspicion that most Bernie or bust people that voted Trump were fundamentally full of shit, it also seems like the simplest thing for the Dems to do to address the concern is hold legit primaries, which is very far removed from "coddling" and "pandering". Since they trashed super delegates, we seem to be heading in the right direction. Maybe it won't sway any of these people, but even if it doesn't it's still the right thing to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    Literally just was looking for the first sentence you stated here, not a retread of your Bernie hateboner.

While I tend to agree with the suspicion that most Bernie or bust people that voted Trump were fundamentally full of shit, it also seems like the simplest thing for the Dems to do to address the concern is hold legit primaries, which is very far removed from "coddling" and "pandering". Since they trashed super delegates, we seem to be heading in the right direction. Maybe it won't sway any of these people, but even if it doesn't it's still the right thing to do.
    I don't have a hateboner for Bernie, if I did, I wouldn't suggest he should go Independent, because all signs point that he might take votes away from the DNC, but as much as I do hate Bernie that wouldn't be his or any of his supporters problem.

I do however thing Bernie could be a major help to a third party and who knows maybe win.

See now that's doing the right thing, not when it's just pandering, or something we thing might get us some votes later, it's doing the right thing damned the consequences, because of the belief.

And as I have already said Trumps fate is either sealed by his own stupidity, or he might just make it to re election the damage has been done even if a Democrat takes the white house.

I likely wouldn't say it, if I thought this was 2016, but then again that's because I am a Democrat. The DNC has to rise and fall based on it's ideas and those that truly follow and want to champion for them, not people who aren't fucking sure unless they get free shit.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

They`re like twix sticks

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    So is this going to be the official 2020 Kamilla Harris thread? This politics subforum is going to get filled fast with DNC primary candidates.

- - - Updated - - -

She said she listend to Snoop, Tupac, and Bigge while in college. She was in college in 1986. I hope you can see the problem there.

She admits to smoking week and inhaling, but went on to be a prosecutor throwing people in prison for doing nothing more than smoking weed.
    In reality, the world is full of inspirational, hardworking, intelligent, and successful individuals who regularly use cannabis.

7+ Year Old Account
    Isn't she a Hindu nutjob? I'd prefer a 100% atheist president without any of the Jesus and Krishna nonsense.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    I would as well, but I'm afraid you're confusing her with Tulsi.
    The wiki says Kamala Harris was raised both Baptist and Hindu.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    So is this going to be the official 2020 Kamilla Harris thread? This politics subforum is going to get filled fast with DNC primary candidates.

- - - Updated - - -

She said she listend to Snoop, Tupac, and Bigge while in college. She was in college in 1986. I hope you can see the problem there.

She admits to smoking week and inhaling, but went on to be a prosecutor throwing people in prison for doing nothing more than smoking weed.
    She said she smoked weed in college, then was asked who she liked to listened to, and listed those three rappers.

She never indicated she did those things at the same time.

Listen to the interview again, they were separate answers to separate questions, the rapper question didn't imply being in the same timeframe as her college.
    Putin khuliyo

The problem with the breakfast club video is that they asked her what was she listening to while she smoked. If she only smoked while in college, she couldn't have been listening to Snoop and Tupac, because they didn't have their first studio albums until the 90s.

Kamala Harris is actually beautiful.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    Isn't she a Hindu nutjob? I'd prefer a 100% atheist president without any of the Jesus and Krishna nonsense.
    That's Tulsi. Unless you think that because Kamala is half Indian that means she's a Hindu nutjob.
    change can't wait.